Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I'm finally learning to knit! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:06 am
Sage of Faith
I'm jealous, haha. being the craft guru that I am I haven't learnd how to knit crying

Aww, you should try it. (:  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:26 pm
I love to knit. I;m currently working on a scarf. It's got this cute checkerboard pattern to it.

I will be proud of it when it's done.  

.[PolkaDots].

Squirrel of Doom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:59 pm
temporarilyme
I love to knit. I;m currently working on a scarf. It's got this cute checkerboard pattern to it.

I will be proud of it when it's done.

Please post a pic of it when you're done if you can - it sounds cute and I have yet to fully master knitting with more than one colour so I'm always impressed by those who have!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:51 pm
ScribblerChrislea
...and it's scary! crying

I love it, but it's so frustrating I can only work for about twenty minutes at a time. ^^; It's true what they say - written instructions, even diagrams, are so hard to follow. But I've always wanted to learn, so I'm excited! -^_^-

LOL!! that sounds just like me. I freak myself out and start second guessing my every move.  

dontlukbak

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:46 pm
ScribblerChrislea
...and it's scary! crying

I love it, but it's so frustrating I can only work for about twenty minutes at a time. ^^; It's true what they say - written instructions, even diagrams, are so hard to follow. But I've always wanted to learn, so I'm excited! -^_^-

xd u can do it!
And how do i know that,well i went though the same struggle when i was 8, but i got the hang of it, didn't i confused the mad struggle of tightening yarn and not knowing the proper way of doing things. HOwever i had a lot of ppl to correct me, so i kinda learned fast in a way. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:58 pm
ScribblerChrislea
Thanks for the websites! So far my stuff is still incredibly juvenile. I make sooo many mistakes when I'm casting on. And then somehow I end up with more stitches...? It's gonna be a long road, but I'm determined to join the ranks of knitters! blaugh

It takes practice to learn where mistakes happen, how to identify them, and how to fix them. And it happens to the best of us. I've been knitting for over a year, and I still drop or add stitches all the time. Actually, one of my projects right now has a dropped stitch... or maybe it was an extra one. Either way, I screwed up somewhere. xp

I think some of the more common mistakes are wrapping the yarn around the needle before making a stitch (so you get an extra), or not getting the needle through the stitch you're knitting through (so you drop one). Those happen to me a lot. o_o  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

enlith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:01 am
I still knit/purl kinda funny - mostly in how I hold the yarn - but is long as it works, it works!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:16 pm
Lychee Fruit
Thanks for the websites! So far my stuff is still incredibly juvenile. I make sooo many mistakes when I'm casting on. And then somehow I end up with more stitches...? It's gonna be a long road, but I'm determined to join the ranks of knitters! blaugh

i think what you are doing is not slipping of the loop after you bring the yarn through. that can be confusing when yu first start.... i did that a lot.....  

HK123

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces