Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
OMG!! I think I found the locket!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:50 pm
I don't mean to be Johnny Raincloud... honestly... but we should be careful about leading ourselves into a false sense of security.... What if it ISN'T the locket they found?!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:03 pm
whoa i found that out a LONG time ago  

Jack_Skellington182

Smilexiluvu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:57 am
congradulations, i figured that out about 90000 years ago. also, mundungus fletcher was stealing goods from the house, and one of the things he took was that locket....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:10 pm
There's nothing to prove that Mundungus took the locket...I think Kreacher did, and thus its still in the Order of the Phoenix...if Mundungus took it, think how long that would take to track down...geez Louise  

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:11 pm
Oh, and yes, the snobbery is greatly appreciated....lol...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:05 pm
cool theory! I didn't think of that!  

lorienfairy

savannatiger09

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:07 pm
biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:46 pm
Lady_Imrahil
Forgive me if you guys have already found this and discussed it, but I think I found Slytherin's locket/Voldemort's Horcrux.

As review, at the end of chapter 28 of "The Half-Blood Prince," Harry discovered the locket they had recovered was not the Horcrux, and contained a letter addressed "to the Dark Lord," a title which Harry had previously observed was only used by Death Eaters. Also, it was signed "RAB" which has to refer to Sirius' brother Regulus Black. He was a one-time Death Eater, and he was mentioned about three times randomly in the book---we all know J.K. Rowling well enough to know that nothing is random in her world. This also would redeem him, making a nice little ending to the Black Family, Sirius too.

Now, I was reading "The Order of the Phoenix" to my little brother, and was in chapter six, page 116, the last paragraph, where they are cleaning Sirius' dining room shelves, remember, the House of Black. Among the list of items, she randomly mentions "a heavy LOCKET that none of them could open." They were throwing some of these things away, but Kreacher kept stealing them. When, later in the book, they went to Kreacher's "nest" so Hermione could give him her Christmas present they saw that "in a far corner glinted small objects" (page 504). So either it will still be in the dining room of the Order of the Phoenix (ah, the irony) or in Kreacher's nest.

So? What do you guys think? Have I hit gold or has my Rowling paranoia sent me over the edge?
that theory works and it doesnt. the first part makes sense, the part from HBP. but the part from ootp, not so much because the locket would be a lot more dangerous if it were in fact a horcrux  

RedRose07

Amy The Pure

Friendly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:01 pm
coolio  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:50 pm
whee You know i made that exact same connection a week after reading HBP and was so excited i thought i came up with something new untill i went on Mugglenet and found out everyone figured it out too...I didn't think about Kreacher probably having it, good one with that! 3nodding I don't think Mundugus took it though, there's not evidence of that, i think he just took all the china because he knew that was, for sure, very valuable silver. Seriously people, there's no need to be rude, she was just trying to share a theory she thought everyone might find interesting!  

Kyrostar

Kyrostar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:54 pm
Aari-chan
I don't mean to be Johnny Raincloud... honestly... but we should be careful about leading ourselves into a false sense of security.... What if it ISN'T the locket they found?!

Actually, you have a point. We shouldn't be so sure of ourselves, i mean this is J.K. Rowling were trying to figure out. Since when has popular theory ever been dead-on to the truth in the past? Even still, I think the locket theory and the connecting R.A.B theory makes more sense then anything guessed so far. Only time will tell i guess....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:06 pm
I had already suspected the same. But we don't know for absolute sure that it was Regalus Black, even though it's very likely. Rowling tends to surprise you.  

hellomandy

Friendly Codger

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:03 pm
Thanks for backing me up, Kyrostar! I truly appreciate that.

Rowling does often pull the floor out from beneath us, doesn't she? But looking back there are always subtle clues...nothing comes from out of the blue. Since everything needs to be solved within a certain space of time, I bet this theory won't be too far off base...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:31 pm
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Honney-senpai

DivineBlindSoul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:57 am
RedRose07
that theory works and it doesnt. the first part makes sense, the part from HBP. but the part from ootp, not so much because the locket would be a lot more dangerous if it were in fact a horcrux

That may not be true. Was there evidence that all of the Horcruxes were dangerous? I don't recall Marvolo's ring being dangerous, or did I miss something?
I think that Lady_Imrahil has a good theory. Nicely done.

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff