Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Projects this Week? Show and Tell! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll
  'cuz everyone loves gold
View Results

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:51 pm
I'm crocheting a case for one of our Native American flutes at the moment. I was close to being done but my husband really didn't like the look of what I had done and I wasn't too crazy about it either so I had to rip the whole thing out and start again.
I've also been working on designing a case for my cell phone. I want something that I can attach to the strap of my purse so that my phone is easy to get to when it rings. I tried tapestry crochet with size 10 thread and my fingers were so sore that I had to quit. I'll try fingering yarn next to see if that will be easier on my hands. I really hope that this isn't the first sign of arthritis in my hands.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:10 pm
ForestGreen
I'm crocheting a case for one of our Native American flutes at the moment. I was close to being done but my husband really didn't like the look of what I had done and I wasn't too crazy about it either so I had to rip the whole thing out and start again.
I've also been working on designing a case for my cell phone. I want something that I can attach to the strap of my purse so that my phone is easy to get to when it rings. I tried tapestry crochet with size 10 thread and my fingers were so sore that I had to quit. I'll try fingering yarn next to see if that will be easier on my hands. I really hope that this isn't the first sign of arthritis in my hands.

Are you more prone to developing arthritis? It runs in my family so you have my full sympathy.

I just finnished my first plushion (plushy-cushion) but I can't find my camera sad It's a blue monster 3nodding

I'm also working on a lino print. I've already cut my thumb twice...  

[Grendel]

Lumicran_Minamoto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:59 am
I'm trying to crochet a glove this week. From the Stich 'n b***h -Happy Hookers- book. It's turning out to look like crap, though... cry I don't think I'm reading the pattern right...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:03 am
hi! im new to this guild (and this site) but i am knitting a baby hat. my friend and i are knitting baby hats for these one babys that are freezing and have no clothes. so we knit hats and scarves and stuff... right now im working on a pink one....  

HK123

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:12 pm
[Grendel]
ForestGreen
(snipped) I tried tapestry crochet with size 10 thread and my fingers were so sore that I had to quit. I'll try fingering yarn next to see if that will be easier on my hands. I really hope that this isn't the first sign of arthritis in my hands.

Are you more prone to developing arthritis? It runs in my family so you have my full sympathy.
I just finnished my first plushion (plushy-cushion) but I can't find my camera sad It's a blue monster 3nodding
I'm also working on a lino print. I've already cut my thumb twice...

Yes, arthritis seems to run in my family. My grandmother had to quit crocheting with thread because it became painful to work with. It helps to keep my hands warm in the winter, but this is full-on summer weather and I shouldn't be having trouble with cold joints. I will go crazy if I can't crochet, so I'm hoping that the problem was just having to keep such a high tension on the thread when I tried to tapestry crochet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:15 pm
Lumicran_Minamoto
I'm trying to crochet a glove this week. From the Stich 'n b***h -Happy Hookers- book. It's turning out to look like crap, though... cry I don't think I'm reading the pattern right...

I read somewhere, probably Craftster, that some of the patterns went to press with typos in them so it may not be your fault.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

HK123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:15 am
still baby hats for me......  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:51 am
I'm still working on a fancy slip stitch scarf. I've got alot of scarfs left to go before chrsitmas.

and good luck to everyone on their projects O_O!  

Fleeccee

firrantello

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:13 am
Fleeccee
I'm still working on a fancy slip stitch scarf. I've got alot of scarfs left to go before chrsitmas.

and good luck to everyone on their projects O_O!
is it the kind where you pull a stitch at the end and it come half unravelled and makes it longer or fringed or something? i keep hearing people talk about those and have never seen them...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:51 pm
working on an amigurumi  

Yugure no Tasogare

Holy Fundip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:58 am
I'm working on a scarf for.. well, anyone. I think it`ll turn out really cute, well, at least I hope so. I also saw the fingerless gloves someone else made in this guild and I thought they were really cute, so I looked up patterns and I'm going to try to make a pair.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:58 pm
I'm working on a bag for myself. It's likely going to be my project for most of the summer.  

Kaye_Ink

Yugure no Tasogare

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:16 pm
I"m almost done with my bear! ^^ here's the phases of assembly, I just gotta figure out how to make the face
User Image

after the bear's done, I'm gonna work on making a fox  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:50 pm
Yugure no Tasogare
I"m almost done with my bear! ^^ here's the phases of assembly, I just gotta figure out how to make the face
User Image

after the bear's done, I'm gonna work on making a fox
Aww, cute! Have you thought of embroidering the face?  

bunnehdeo

Yugure no Tasogare

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:43 am
yeah, but I want the muzzle to pop outwards a little bit and since I'm short on felt I'm probably gonna just use the pattern for the tail in white for the muzzle  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff