Submit

The Human Race
  What do you think about?
View Results

Die_Katze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:09 pm
Mr.Ownage
Phaeton
Ok look. We did NOT evolve from chimps, we happen to share a common ancestor with them that's all. Humans as we know them now appeared 2 million years ago, we only spread about the globe in the last 10,000 years. There hasn't been enough time or envornmental changes for any obvious evolutionary changes within us. There may not be any major changes within humans anymore actually. Unlike animals who adapt to their environment, humans adapt the environment to them with technology.
Basically, humans have no need to evolve because we can play God. Once something stops us from doing that, we'll have to adapt and evolution will slowly kick in. What we'll become then, I don't know.
Did you read my post above you? rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:35 pm
Die_Katze
Mr.Ownage
Phaeton
Ok look. We did NOT evolve from chimps, we happen to share a common ancestor with them that's all. Humans as we know them now appeared 2 million years ago, we only spread about the globe in the last 10,000 years. There hasn't been enough time or envornmental changes for any obvious evolutionary changes within us. There may not be any major changes within humans anymore actually. Unlike animals who adapt to their environment, humans adapt the environment to them with technology.
Basically, humans have no need to evolve because we can play God. Once something stops us from doing that, we'll have to adapt and evolution will slowly kick in. What we'll become then, I don't know.
Did you read my post above you? rofl
We're all giving slightly different versions off the same explaination. Yours was just a little more detailed.  

CainZeros

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:27 pm
I don't understand why Christians have such a hard time handling the idea of humans evolving from primates. Don't you think, that since God is all-powerful, that She/It/He could have created primates, and then led a specific branch of them to form into humans? Why do people think God is incapabable of creating evolution? neutral What, is God simple-minded, or something?

It takes millions of years for something to evolve. Sometimes less, if a sudden change occures in the envoroment. But for us humans, it has been a slow change for a while. Why? Because basically, we don't NEED to evolve much, physically. Using our brains and technology, we've come to the point where the body just doesn't need to change much. =D

I'm a Hindu but I respect the Catholic faith, and I practice Buddhism and Zen teachings. I think God could have easily created the Big Bang and the universe, and so on. Why put limits on God because of some book we humans decided to write as the One and Only Truth? question

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:31 pm
I was posting this topic because a few weeks ago, I read in this random topic somewhere about some arguments. Someone was mentioning "we haven't evolved because they are letting the ""weaker"" survive".

That just got me thinking into what will happen. I added the where we came from because I've heard so many things, and it's a pretty huge difference between the mind of the Primate and the Mind of a person (Not a person of now, but remember others...Mayans? Olmecs? In East Asia?)

Thanks for all your comments.  

Paperclip Cookies

O p a v e

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:56 am
Evolving is from technology nowadays.
Being able to learn more will most likely be from technology.
Flying cars, if ever, will be from technology.

It's all technology advances; not really humans in general.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:52 pm
Humans aren't all carbon copies of each other, haven't you noticed? My ancestors come from cold climates, where the dark months were long. They didn't need a lot of melanin, as a result, so they became pale and light haired. They were also somewhat short and compact, to help retain their body heat, and had more narrow noses than people in warmer climates (wide nostrils allow air to be cooled a bit more as it passes through them). Yet, every day, I see people that clearly descended from people that lived in much different climates, and had much different needs.

In many closed off communities (like the Amish, for instance), the entire group can end up with a mutation like a sixth finger on each hand. Evolution is nothing more than a series of mutations that eventually causes one branch of the species to no longer be able to mate successfully with the members of the other branches.

Humans are evolving. We've done something no other species has done though; we've expanded our gene pool internationally. We've also made survival of the fittest a pretty much obsolete occurrence in many places. Inbreeding has flat out disappeared in much of the world, making it considerably more difficult for any single new trait to manifest itself in more than one or two individuals before disappearing. We're slowing down our own evolution. Ha.

An afterthought-
Some people argue that humans are stopping their own evolution by letting the "weaker" survive. This isn't completely true. Yes, a person with an IQ of 50 will be likely live a long life, but that doesn't mean they will ever have a chance to reproduce. No reproduction means no affect on the gene pool.  

Calliope Solipsism

Wheezing Nerd

Literate Hell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas