Were you gothy as a kid?
  Yes.
  No.
  I don't remember.
  I don't care.
View Results

Spartan 21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:11 am
i was different not like as goth as i am now like i had short hair and it was blond and i wore blue and not black but i had the goth mind but now i am true goth-no eyeliner i wish i had some  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:37 am
No, I wasn't. High school is when I became gothy. I was interested in weird, spooky things though, along with fantasy and magic.  

Angel Bruja

ronton-ritsuzen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:55 pm
i was always in to weird gothy stuff even before i knew what goth was.
when i was a kid i was definately the oddball,
i guess i just got worse over the years xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:54 pm
I wore a lot of black, read a lot of books, was extroverted until 4th grade, and had a morbid sense of humor.
4th grade came, and everyone picked on me so much I became the quiet kid in the corner. Didn't start being out-going again until around 8th grade.  

2aetH

darkprincess1788

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:21 pm
i was brainwashed as a kid, they made me wear pink dresses, with little hats that had flowers on them, but i was a trouble maker, breakin stuff, then in fith grade my brain kicked in order and i was the only freak at school. (they called me the goth girl)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:58 pm
I really started becoming "gothy" when I got into high school, because most of my friends had abandoned me. So I started hanging out with other people [ specifically older than me ] second semester of my freshman year. [ i'll be a junior this year ]

Although, as a kid I was always the quiet one, but i didn't care what people thought of me, and I also let my mother buy my clothes and stuff when I was in kindergarten and VERY early grade school. After about third grade, I started picking out the clothes I was buying, but they weren't really gothy, even though I was just trying to fit in.

I'm hoping to be even more gothy this year and next if anything. :]

But, as a kid, I was always doing morbid things to my barbies and such, colouring their hair with black sharpie if they weren't dark haired already, drawing morbid pictures, and having a very odd obsession with faeries [ dark ones alike ] and also vampires. My parents also started treating me like crap, so that's part of it too.

My godfather also died when I hit high school, so it gave me somewhat of an excuse. My grandfather also died a few months ago, so that gives me more of a reason, hahahaha.

:]

[ Die Katze ]

slipknot_him_slut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:59 pm
i was loud and a bully....lol i was always curious about pain and death....and i never shut up i was always asking questions and s**t...and always screamed a bitched to get my way....so i was pretty much the same lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:19 pm
my childhood was F^%$ed up i try not to think about it  

Tom Gunn 666

little_evil_goth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:04 am
i was a naturally social kid. i even wanted to be a good person *shudders* then i got screwed over and spent the rest of my childhood very confused, hurt and angry. very ******** up. but through that i saw the darker side of life and i saw the beauty in it the way it would comfort you in the dark like no one else would. it contributed to the way i veiw life and everything now. it had a huge impact on me. then i learnt to not care and i've never been better. biggrin twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:30 am
I was raised in a Hindu religion (I'm white) my mom was really into it, I have all the religious texts in my room, along with alot of Iar Vadic healing books, and vegetarian/vegan cook books. I was raised vegetarian, and still am even though everyone else stopped being one. My mom was into runes, palmistry, astrology, etc, and it rubbed off onto me.

I was sheltered by my overprotective mom (alot of bad neighborhoods) and I never thought about things that were 'social'. I didn't think about clothes, or hairstyle, or even what other peoples houses were like for a long time. My second step dad was also into a lot of magic stuff.(he spent 7 years with me) and he was very knowledgable. Most things I could figure out for myself.

Because I was sheltered as a child I only spent time around adults outside of school. That basically made my mental/maturity level go up like 4 years. whenever I saw anything 'Gothy' on T.V. I loved it, and I realise I had a slightly more then normal obsession with Vampires. Hallowe'en was my Christmas for a long time, I hate all holidays now (especially my birthday) but Hallowe'en is hated the least (lol).

I didn't use our first computer until 4 years after we got it. I was contented in my little world. At school I coulf get along with anyone, but rarely ever seeked anyone out, or asked about things. I spent an entire year watching people play a few games, so I could figure them out on my own, and I was ok with it too. (I was a social butterfly, that liked to be alone) Everyone seemed so ignorant and arrogant to me.

Grade 5, I was dead inside the entire year, I did not smile once. Grade 6-7, I acted happy, but was still dead inside. I went to school, did my work, came home, did my homework, and would read. During summer, I often tried to read, or sleep.

In grade 8 I talked my mom into getting me a really, really, really, sweet pair of boots, which were my first gothy boots really. It wasn't until after I totally tore them to shreds from use that I thought about getting a new pair and that sparked the idea of gothy clothes. After that I spent alot of time just thinking, ALOT of time, and reading still.

I was getting more into magic (I had plenty of books back then) and I've found 'Goth' people to be more mature then almost anyone else my age (girls also are more mature then guys my age) and kinda emersed myself in it, around grade 9, dressing in all black occassionaly. So many people were/are stupid, or ignorant/arrogant. Many times, I would rather be alone then be with those people, ever since my brain really kicked in.

If anyone gave me trouble, or tried to bully me, I would look at them, and talk montone, answering things in the most pesemistic, or defeatest way. I have never had a bully for more then a week until highschool started. The best comment was "Your weird"*walks away from me*.

P.S. I scared all the highschool bullies with, well, nothing more then words or a tap, literally.  

Dorian Requiem

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:33 am
I always wanted to visit the cemetaries but they were never around were we lived (one city wasn't allowed to have them). If I had more exposer to the outside world, or even 'Gothy' things at a younger age, I would be much more 'Gothy' then I am. (I still will say I am not a 'Goth' if asked, even by friends. I'm not, not to me, though 'Goth' people are awesome.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:00 am
Well, as a kid i wan't Gothic at all... in fact, I was really into being a boy.... I fought alot. It was my life to get into people's minds and hurt them physically. After like... 5 years or so, everyone thought I should see a doctour for my "problems." They (or she) didn't really help.

Then in middle chool, I made the best of friends and learned of Anime/Manga and realized that was now my life. So i've gotten better, and I've juste delved deaper into the darkness and into the music.

.................... I'm all better now........................ sort of..........

Orgi_inMYmouth

iconstonedragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:09 am
im a gothed heart christian, i like most rock and junk, i like to ruin peoples fun............ as a kid i painted and sewed, i was in girl scouts, im smarter than most, my friends are the different ones, my words are my own, my heart only desires freedom, im 12 and id rather not live w/ my family, not all goths are Satanists, but they dont seem to care, they think kids dont listen, well who hears us kids? teachers assume, parents try to change kids, really, they should let us be who we are.......... parenting books and all that crap only work for the ones who love their parents, no matter what, we're always here, and we always want to be heard........ my words are mine, and mine alone, i dont like to take credit for things i dont say, and im saying this, if you become a parent, the only thing you need to worry about is not giving them room, my parents want in, and i want out........and as a preteen, i wear black in mourning of the suicides, the overdosed, the underweight, the ones killed in battle, the souls lost in hatred, the blood spewed by the merciless, and i mourn for my Grandfather. he understood me better than most, and noone can understand me.......  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:26 pm
Let's see...
-night owl
-liked scary/bloody movies (when I was 5. I usually laughed at things like that.)
-liked hollywood-vampires
-thought I was immune to hollywood-vampire bites. (Because of a set of four freckles on my neck that looked like double-snakebites, or a "vampire" bite.)
-hated sunlight
-pale
-very intellectual and "mature" (That could just be because I was always around adults.)
-somewhat a loner

You think maybe?  

vampyre_smiles

Roaming_D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:12 pm
Honestly I tried to fit in with the preppy kids but they were jerks and I honestly didn't like them. Now they seem to have some unexplainable fear towards my friends and I. Must be because they were so mean to us in grade school, and are afraid of our Vengeance 3nodding  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff