3%  [ 1 ]
It's just FF7 All over again right?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

Cecil Helden
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:08 pm
he shouldn't be to tall like not over 7' and you could just leave his age blank because of his odd immortality thingymabob  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:16 pm
well... regardless of whether or not I TELL readers what age, he needs to have one

When you are designing or writing a story, as the author you should know EVERYTHING about your characters and the world, that way you won't make stupid mistakes, and your story will be much fuller and richer...

Read some of the background stuff that Tolkein wrote but his daughter published after his death. None of it was in his LotR stuff but it was EXTENSIVE!!!  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Cecil Helden
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:21 pm
well do you want him to be undreds of years old or thousands or decades?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:03 pm
Well he's supposed to be Valerian's son. Now Valerian IS supposed to be something akin to a Vampire, but I don't think he should be SUPER old.

Decades I guess.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Cecil Helden
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:45 pm
87-ish?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:00 pm
Hmm, that seems a bit old. Maybe a good age for Valerian.... should he be in his 80s? If so, Deyn should be in his early 60s, I think.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Cecil Helden
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:03 pm
60s are good i used a random # generator between 50 and 90  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:11 pm
okay... so like ... 63?

now think on this, if Valerian were in his 80's he'd have been late-teens to early twenties when he became a father... confused

So, how old should Valerian have been when he fathered Deyn?  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:18 pm
New thought! we could make "Kether" Deyn and Valerian's last name!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:40 pm
FINALLY I CAN POST! I was dying this morning because of gaia glitches.... >.<

Sounds good to me! And that's why I was thinking late 80s and early 60s.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:01 pm
some people have mentioned (outside of this topic) that they think Deyn should be younger than that... shave off 20 years or so, and their reasoning was pretty sound so I want to run this by you guys.

Basically Deyn is supposed to be working on his immortal-overlord empire thing, not already have it. So having him be 40ish, would make that effort more realistic, another note is it makes having him created by (Ghast) more plausible.

this would make Valerian and Shyacia(lucretia) 60-70ish. this also helps to fit some of our characters a little better. like Freyr and Ragger who were supposed to have personal interaction with (Ghast).

Another thought is this: Instead of just having (Ghast) and (Hojo) we intend to have the parent scientific groups, if you remember I said there was two fields of study: Immortality and Resurection. So the lead company for each field will also be a factor in the creations. Those people who are supposedly "scientific experiments" can spread out more from just (Hojo) or (Ghast) this explains a little more the sheer numbers of altered beings running about.
Also this adds to the number of people interfering in things and adds to the people who can react to Deyn's Chaos reaping.

Now before you decide to follow me just because I'm designing alot of this, I want you to know I take your oppinions in high consideration, if you REALLY think something should be a certain way I will really work to make that happen, but I want to explain other suggestions as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:03 pm
Saerenna
FINALLY I CAN POST! I was dying this morning because of gaia glitches.... >.<

Sounds good to me! And that's why I was thinking late 80s and early 60s.
if Deyn were 63, and Valerian were 89 that would make him 26 when he became a father...  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:46 pm
Ermak Lorde
some people have mentioned (outside of this topic) that they think Deyn should be younger than that... shave off 20 years or so, and their reasoning was pretty sound so I want to run this by you guys.

Basically Deyn is supposed to be working on his immortal-overlord empire thing, not already have it. So having him be 40ish, would make that effort more realistic, another note is it makes having him created by (Ghast) more plausible.

this would make Valerian and Shyacia(lucretia) 60-70ish. this also helps to fit some of our characters a little better. like Freyr and Ragger who were supposed to have personal interaction with (Ghast).

Another thought is this: Instead of just having (Ghast) and (Hojo) we intend to have the parent scientific groups, if you remember I said there was two fields of study: Immortality and Resurection. So the lead company for each field will also be a factor in the creations. Those people who are supposedly "scientific experiments" can spread out more from just (Hojo) or (Ghast) this explains a little more the sheer numbers of altered beings running about.
Also this adds to the number of people interfering in things and adds to the people who can react to Deyn's Chaos reaping.

Now before you decide to follow me just because I'm designing alot of this, I want you to know I take your oppinions in high consideration, if you REALLY think something should be a certain way I will really work to make that happen, but I want to explain other suggestions as well.

Your reasoning sounds good to me. ^_^ I think you already did exactly the type of thing I wanted in it... bishies! ( Gah, I have such a one track mind -.-; ) Looks to me like we're still lacking in names. I for one have a VERY fun time coming up with names, so... here's a list of things I think may work for various characters: (heh heh, just a simple list, really....)
Fymarine
Lybria
Rhee
Koril
Mered
Drizain
Halths
Trimera
Leren
Misuu
Elvia
Cairantine
Sempor
Shella
Alceste
Satyrix
Inevom
Prima
Elldarin
Niradel
Aremir
Lirok
Niar
Sheval
Airl
Rotok
Romas
Ivriath
Temas
Samet
Jeren
Enadiz
Ajuk
Zol
Uozay
Jadak
Avihs
Tumhab
Sirea
Afit
Skrut
Edur
Sufur
Gnest
Oner
Duolc

Yeah... the last few definitely have a theme going....
Need any more?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:13 pm
I think that will be fine for the moment.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:01 am
so how tall should Valerian be if his son is 6'4"??  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff