Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Anime is not nerdy! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IIIIIlllllIlIlIIIIllI

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:04 pm
i already said. its okay if you watch it casually. But i mean cmon, you dont dress up as cartoon characters or think theyre hot. thats when it gets nerdy  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:11 pm
TheErikaness
i already said. its okay if you watch it casually. But i mean cmon, you dont dress up as cartoon characters or think theyre hot. thats when it gets nerdy

It depends on the extent and the reason you are dressing up. Cosplaying can be fun. It's kinda like halloween. But those who obsess about their outfits and try to make them exactly perfect are nerdy.
But why care about being nerds or not anyway?  

Epic Fail Girl

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:24 pm
AgentKeg
TheErikaness

It depends on the extent and the reason you are dressing up. Cosplaying can be fun. It's kinda like halloween. But those who obsess about their outfits and try to make them exactly perfect are nerdy.

Which is exactly the point of this entire forum. Just because someone cosplays doesn't make them a degenerate or something. :p
I actually don't cosplay, but there is nothing wrong with the people who do. In fact, you really have to respect anyone who spends a lot of time making a nice costume. That kind of think takes a LOT of work.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:33 pm
Yeah, I watch anime. And I am guilty of obession when I was younger. I'm not an anime nerd. I like it but I don't think about it everyday like my boyfriend... Lol, he's so smexay... And since when is being a nerd a bad thing? I'm a total computer nerd, and I be proud!!  

mono_chroma

Uchiha_Ichigo_dta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:37 pm
am not as smart as nerd(i respect nerds with all my might) and i love to watch anime is just so cool xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:42 pm
Anime is anime nerdy... And pretty lame.

MOOHAHAHAHA!

Now go read some Johnny The Homicidal Maniac!  

Roman Shepherd

Ming Chen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:54 pm
Prodigious_girl
Rob_007
gonk gonk gonk its not!! scream
Agreed!
Of course it isnt! scream  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:57 pm
AgentKeg
TheErikaness

I'm a fangirl. i think some anime characters are hot. There isn't anything nerdy about that. It's not like I actually think that they're real or something. It's just fun to pretend.  

Ming Chen

Aeonfluxed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:19 am
Anime is crossover. There are many people I've met who fulfill the programmer, RPG aspect and add anime enthusiasm into the mix.
It's nothing to be upset about. wink
Geek might actually be a more apt term, http://dict.die.net/geek/, either way, those concepts have come a long way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:52 am
where i love it is nerdy but i don't think so. i love and how ever hates should stup up
~nya~  

high summoner of aeons

MarineManiac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:15 am
MrBobVilla
An obsession with anything is nerdy. So if you are obsessed with anime then you are nerdy. :p

I disagree! I am not nerdy, and I do have obessions with a few tings!

Anime
Manga
Computer
Night

That's it! The closest thing I might be is a loner or something. Since I dispise going outside during day hours and refraim from talking unless spoken to.

So I am not nerdy or geeky. Besides...just because you have an obession with something doesn't have anything do with anything!

(I can't believe I will type this.)
Just because some over preppy cheeleader is obessed with Hello Kitty and...sports males doesn't mean anything!

Just because the dog is obessed withit's master does that make the dog nerdy? I doubt it.

If we, are obessed with something, we just like it. That doesn't mean it's nerdy, geeky, or whatever the term is today.

Listen to me I'm not even a teenager and I don't give a care in the world about celebrities. Is Briteny Spears on her 5th child? Who in the heck is 50 cent? Rap sucks.
The next preteen is obessed but that doesn't make him/her nerdy.

No Anime is not nerdy, it is cultural. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:07 am
anime doesnt make a nerd,
it makes an otakon  

bl3s5ed

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:15 pm
And in japan otaku roughly translates to nerd anyway :p

Anime and Nerds go hand in hand...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:05 am
MarineManiac
MrBobVilla
An obsession with anything is nerdy. So if you are obsessed with anime then you are nerdy. :p

I disagree! I am not nerdy, and I do have obessions with a few tings!

Anime
Manga
Computer
Night

That's it! The closest thing I might be is a loner or something. Since I dispise going outside during day hours and refraim from talking unless spoken to.

So I am not nerdy or geeky. Besides...just because you have an obession with something doesn't have anything do with anything!

(I can't believe I will type this.)
Just because some over preppy cheeleader is obessed with Hello Kitty and...sports males doesn't mean anything!

Just because the dog is obessed withit's master does that make the dog nerdy? I doubt it.

If we, are obessed with something, we just like it. That doesn't mean it's nerdy, geeky, or whatever the term is today.

Listen to me I'm not even a teenager and I don't give a care in the world about celebrities. Is Briteny Spears on her 5th child? Who in the heck is 50 cent? Rap sucks.
The next preteen is obessed but that doesn't make him/her nerdy.

No Anime is not nerdy, it is cultural. mrgreen

I agree(even on the rap thing biggrin ) But I'm a teen.  

Gryphen_wing

2,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

MoonMongoose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:39 pm
Anime/Manga can be geeky... but now it's becoming more mainstream, It isn't as much.

Watching and reading Anime and Manga isn't what makes the person geeky. It's the obsession that follows. You, one day look around the bookshop, trying to find the newest Inuyasha *spit* and find yourself heading to the counter with an arm load of Mangas you've never even heard of. The following day, you find yourself watching the dub of Naruto and start saying "What the hell? This is awful.", switch to the sub and think "Ah, that's so much better. Naruto sounds so much better without saying "believe it" at the end of every sentence and Shikamaru Sounds so much more laid back which matches his character perfectly". Finally, you find yourself online on a forum denying what you already know in your heart is true... "Anime isn't geeky"

Suddenly, you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror. Your hair is exceptionally greasy because you've been so busy on your computer, You've forgotten to shower for a number of days. As a result, your complexion has also suffered. You look down and see a T-shirt claiming "you are bish" when you most obviously aren't. You drop to your knees and yell to the heavens "I AM GEEEEEEEEEEEEK!"

... Of course, that merely my theory...

But yeah, Geekiness isn't brought upon by what you do but about how much you obsess about it.

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games