My moms a christian like I'm a prep. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MOD66

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:22 pm
MortSanglant
It has nothing to do with love. The sin isn't love. The sin is disobeying what God has decreed. In this case, homosexuality is that form of disobedience.

It's hard to understand for those who do not believe in God or the teachings of the Bible (which are, in fact, God's word). But I'll quote the Bible in any case:

I Corinthians 6:9-10

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
no hard fealings but thouse are the words of men and in any case if a man and a man love echother that cancesle its self out and thows the whole sin not sin thing into a never ending peradox of contradiction (yay half asleep and stil the big words come) and agian if being gay is a sin then why would god make me gay, i have no choice the that matter i am atracted to what i am and that is just who i was born to be.

Mz.Wiggles
I can't read the bible.
Sometimes I think he acts like a f**.
I'm tired of the bible.
I'm tired of christians.

Dont be tired of Chrirstians, you are genralizing and being bigoted, which in my guess is why you dissaprove of christians, now i know plenty of christians who are not bigoted, homophobic or raceist, like a majorty of the outsiders think. so untill you have walked a mile in every christinan shoes dont dis them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:45 pm
Mz.Wiggles
I can't read the bible.
I'm tired of the bible.
I'm tired of christians.

Well then the issue will always confuse you.

@Twack - I get that a lot. It's something I'll never escape. I take solace in the verse in II Timothy that all Scripture is Godbreathed and that there are no contradictions in the Bible. Any "contradictions" found are due to either lack of study or taking the verses out of context.

Also, your argument only has validity in the case that homosexuality is genetic. Which it isn't. God made man and woman to be together. He wouldn't go back on his own genetic code.

MortSanglant

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:09 am
Twack
MortSanglant
It has nothing to do with love. The sin isn't love. The sin is disobeying what God has decreed. In this case, homosexuality is that form of disobedience.

It's hard to understand for those who do not believe in God or the teachings of the Bible (which are, in fact, God's word). But I'll quote the Bible in any case:

I Corinthians 6:9-10

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
no hard fealings but thouse are the words of men and in any case if a man and a man love echother that cancesle its self out and thows the whole sin not sin thing into a never ending peradox of contradiction (yay half asleep and stil the big words come) and agian if being gay is a sin then why would god make me gay, i have no choice the that matter i am atracted to what i am and that is just who i was born to be.

Mz.Wiggles
I can't read the bible.
I'm tired of the bible.
I'm tired of christians.

Dont be tired of Chrirstians, you are genralizing and being bigoted, which in my guess is why you dissaprove of christians, now i know plenty of christians who are not bigoted, homophobic or raceist, like a majorty of the outsiders think. so untill you have walked a mile in every christinan shoes dont dis them.
I was a christian.
Now...pagan?
Wiccan?
I don't know.
Now I'm confussed I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:58 am
People are afraid of new and different things, they also misunderstand the bible. One of the rules "Judge not lest ye be judged yourselves"....was any of them paying attention or did they skip that part?  

Lord Blade Icestorm

MOD66

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:56 am
MortSanglant
Mz.Wiggles
I can't read the bible.
I'm tired of the bible.
I'm tired of christians.

@Twack - I get that a lot. It's something I'll never escape. I take solace in the verse in II Timothy that all Scripture is Godbreathed and that there are no contradictions in the Bible. Any "contradictions" found are due to either lack of study or taking the verses out of context.

Also, your argument only has validity in the case that homosexuality is genetic. Which it isn't. God made man and woman to be together. He wouldn't go back on his own genetic code.
WTF is your probelm i said before i had no choice in my sexuality, i was born this way. But seeing as you are not gay you wouln't understand. you like every other ignorat Christian out there IF I WAS A SIN WHY WOULD GOD MAKE ME THIS WAY!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:02 am
Twack
MortSanglant
Mz.Wiggles
I can't read the bible.
I'm tired of the bible.
I'm tired of christians.

WTF is your probelm i said before i had no choice in my sexuality, i was born this way. But seeing as you are not gay you wouln't understand. you like every other ignorat Christian out there IF I WAS A SIN WHY WOULD GOD MAKE ME THIS WAY!!

Okay guys, I know this is a touchy subject all around, but no flaming eachother. All right? I know it isn't a full out flaming war yet, but it's getting really close to it with the "every other ignorant christian" comment.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:07 am
Don't worry Luri, I wasn't about to flame.

@Twack - Like Luri said, you really need to calm down. I haven't attacked you in any way. I've merely stated my beliefs about the subject. I do not appreciate you calling me ignorant when you don't know me, you don't know how I've studied.

It's obvious we have different views on the subject, which I realised before I started this discussion. You've made it apparent that you can't maturely discuss conflicting views. Sorry for taking up your time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:23 am
MortSanglant

@Twack - Like Luri said, you really need to calm down. I haven't attacked you in any way. I've merely stated my beliefs about the subject. I do not appreciate you calling me ignorant when you don't know me, you don't know how I've studied.

It's obvious we have different views on the subject, which I realised before I started this discussion. You've made it apparent that you can't maturely discuss conflicting views. Sorry for taking up your time.
Im sorry i was in a bad mood and didn't need to say that it was unfiar and i am sorry.  

MOD66

Solomon 469

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Mz.Wiggles
My mother has a problem with myspace and racism.That's what I like about her.She against stuff that's hurting people.Today she went over edge though.She talked about my best friend being a les and ranted about how much she hated gays.She then accuse of being on a "gay" site.I was on youtube.She saw the head line read "gay god" and flipped.I wasn't doing anything wrong.She thinks she such a great christian.She talks about all my friends and talks about innocent people as if they were monsters.I can't stand when she does that."God" loves all people.That's what it says in the bible.If that's true why the ******** are people hating gays?Are they scared of something different.I see nothing wrong with it.
You are aware that the bible also says that god HATES gays right? I mean thats the hole point right there. Thats what the hostility is from.

i dont believe in god and even i knew that one...........sheesh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:37 am
Twack
MortSanglant

Im sorry i was in a bad mood and didn't need to say that it was unfiar and i am sorry.

Apology accepted.

3nodding

I just want to make something clear. I have no problem with homosexuals as people. I just do not agree with their choice of sexuality. I don't want you to think that I hate them or can't get along with them. I'll be the first to admit that for the most part gays are very loving people.

MortSanglant

Nazo no Kanjojin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:18 am
Solomon 469
Mz.Wiggles
My mother has a problem with myspace and racism.That's what I like about her.She against stuff that's hurting people.Today she went over edge though.She talked about my best friend being a les and ranted about how much she hated gays.She then accuse of being on a "gay" site.I was on youtube.She saw the head line read "gay god" and flipped.I wasn't doing anything wrong.She thinks she such a great christian.She talks about all my friends and talks about innocent people as if they were monsters.I can't stand when she does that."God" loves all people.That's what it says in the bible.If that's true why the ******** are people hating gays?Are they scared of something different.I see nothing wrong with it.
You are aware that the bible also says that god HATES gays right? I mean thats the hole point right there. Thats what the hostility is from.

Actually, God hates homosexualITY. the action, not the actor. If that was the case (and every sin is equal in God's eyes) then he'd hate us all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:41 pm
Solomon 469
Mz.Wiggles

Oh really now? I'd like the book, chapter, and verse for that one.

MortSanglant

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:37 pm
um, Twack, this is kinda random, but i was just wondering what do all the little random letters in your siggy mean?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:08 am
My aunt was once a les and it prompted my grandmother's currently favorite line... I hate that she says this but when I argue with her about her homophobia she goes: "God made Adam and eve, not Adam and Steve.." and it throws off my arguement because it's just a funny thing to say I guess.  

chimera-san

AcidDropper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:15 am
Mz.Wiggles
I can't read the bible.
I'm tired of the bible.
I'm tired of christians.

Ahahaha your funny!!!

Eh, my grandma is a very devaut (sp?) Catholic, same with my great-grandmother. They always send "jesus loves you" or "God be wit hyou" cards in letters, and it gets really annoying. i webnt down to visit them one time, and I usually stay with my uncle in hsi room, cuz he is young and pro-goth and pro-choice and he is like a computer expert so i get to destroy hsi comp and he doesnt care, so fun fun. But i was playing cards with them, and they saw my pentacle ring, but i was wearing black cross earings. My great-gma didnt notice, but my other one did, and she went off on me. Then she saw my rainbow wrist band, which i thought i covered up well, but not good enough. So she thinks ai am a lesbian devil worshipper. She wanted to get my baptized! luckliy mom was waaaay against that. She was a Wiccan for liek two weeks, then stopeed caring when her pentacle ring didnt fit. So now, my grandmother doesnt liek me coming down anymore, which makes me sad that she would give up her own grandaughter. sad but still, iam not going to change my ways for her beliefes.
It just makes me mad when people wont let people be themselves.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff