Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
EPISODE #97 of Rurouni Kenshin TV series Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lycorius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:19 am
Well, the 96th or 97th (after reading this I got confused! Don't blame me!) I believe wasn't actually shown on tv. Instead, it only came with this really rare memorial box, which is really hard to find... so a ton of people never saw it... if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:48 pm
Hmm...I haven't seen any of the filler episodes yet, so I can't really help...but now that I know it exists, I shall try and find it...for Kenji is cool

miken-chan

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:58 am
Shining_paladin
Ling-Rei
The Reflections OAV sucked in terms of story. Everything contradicted what the anime was progressing to. They should've animated the real Jinchuu arc and Yahiko no Sakabatou instead of making up a whole bunch of crap and making Kenshin very OOC.
I completely agree with what your saying. The Reflections OAV sucked a** man.

OMFG IT SUCKED a** it was NOT the real ending i swear, first of all kenshin would never do that to kaoru, leaving her for shishio was hard enough why would he do it again, especially when he's married and has a kid, who hates him cuz he left her. Kenji was cool but honestly they didnt show enough of his childhood like the real last episode. second of all nobuhiro watsuki specifically said he did not agree with the plotline of samuraix reflections. and also kaoru was much more of a wimp in reflections than she was in the tv series, reflections was an embarassment to the ruroken community i swear.... not to mention the fact that the guy who had the voice for kenshin sounded like a PHAG

*sigh* rant over

but really i think it's just bull we dont get to watch the actual final episode i mean any hardcore ruoken fan would want to see it i dont care if i have to freiken read subtitles or learn japanese i just wanna see the REAL ending

besides, the 96th or something episode was a piece of crap, i bought the DVDs, finished the series and was excited about watching it and then i was like WTF that sucked! or maybe it's a curse in entertainment that the last episode of any good series is always crap. i mean the friends final episode wasn't really good at all IMO but i'm kinda getting off the subject here so yeah i'll go away now  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:18 pm
I wanna see it to.

User Image
Ok. I saw this pic and noticed that Kenshin doesn't look like he has his long hair anymore.
Mean Ken-san. You cut your hair crying your long pretty hair.  

Lily-Hith-Silme

Loyal Gatekeeper

9,900 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100

Roloko vi Britannia

Interesting Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:52 pm
Lily-Hith-Silme
I wanna see it to.

User Image
Ok. I saw this pic and noticed that Kenshin doesn't look like he has his long hair anymore.
Mean Ken-san. You cut your hair crying your long pretty hair.

I think he looks sexy with his hair cut off!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:03 pm
Kenshin is not Kenshin without his hair, give him back his hair! *glues kenshin's hair back to his head*

SamuraichikX: Are you talking about the episode that was actually televised? Or the one episode that was only found in the memorial box?  

Lycorius

BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:35 am
Wait,how many episodes of RK were there orginally before they added this extra ending to?

They have it on youtube by the way though.I just saw it yesterday & got super pissed.But I'm so glad to see a little Kenji!!!!He's so adoarble!!!

It's not the whole episode but somewhat the last scene of it.
It's subbed too ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kmE_vo9d4Q

Kenshin...why did u cut your hair!!!(i had to do a double take on that xD)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:19 pm
gonk Put away the big font.
I'm just wondering why CN hasn't shown the rest of it.  

Enishi-san

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:20 pm
Yes, the episode 97 is the Memorial Episode only available in the boxset. It's nearly impossible to obtain outside of Japan. It can sometimes be found on the Japanese eBay, but I'm not certain where else it could be obtained. It can also be viewed on SaitouHajime.com.

As for why it was never included: They probably planned to release it at first, but after Seisuckhen was made, they changed their minds. There would have been confusion if we see the anime with a happy ending and then the OVA with its depressing one.

As for Kenshin's hair, yes he does cut it at the end of the manga. *strangles watsuki for killing kenshin's sex appeal*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:41 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
As for Kenshin's hair, yes he does cut it at the end of the manga. *strangles watsuki for killing kenshin's sex appeal*

Oh, but he still has those gorgeous lilac eyes!  

Akira_Hoshino

~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces