30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
no
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 20

Keistera

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:13 pm
... This... "kinesis" stuff smells funky to me. Then again, to each his/her own. Just seems too far out (SOME of it), even for me.

We humans like to believe that we have control over things that are actually uncontrollable, such as the elements. If one gets to cocky, he or she will get "burned".

My family uses a woodstove to heat our basement. I never treat it as if I'm its master (the fire, that is). This sounds silly, but it seems as if I am "feeding" it in exchange for warmth. Give and take. When I stop feeding it, it stops giving me warmth.

... Me tired. >.<  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:52 am
Keistera
... This... "kinesis" stuff smells funky to me. Then again, to each his/her own. Just seems too far out (SOME of it), even for me.

We humans like to believe that we have control over things that are actually uncontrollable, such as the elements. If one gets to cocky, he or she will get "burned".

My family uses a woodstove to heat our basement. I never treat it as if I'm its master (the fire, that is). This sounds silly, but it seems as if I am "feeding" it in exchange for warmth. Give and take. When I stop feeding it, it stops giving me warmth.

... Me tired. >.<
i will agree with you, it is wierd, but what else are we to call these sorts of strange happenings? nothing has ever dramatic has ever happend...to me anyway...but i will tell you that some very strange things have. call it coincidence or what have you, meh. i just know stuff happens i cant explain  

Akwila

Rakei

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:00 am
Keistera

... Me tired. >.<

Psi, thats the word for it, basically psi is mind energy/power, it takes a lot of concentration to actually work, but it is still just harnessing the energy of oneself and the world, putting it into balance. http://www.psipog.net Has some information on this.
Personally I find it hard to believe, I can only see strange things happening and I can't blame it on spells/magic, because it effects a larger area, I think some say something about changing micro-cosmos affecting macro-cosmos, but I'm not sure.

I mostly have the same feeling give and take.
In the case of Pyrokinesis you feed energy to the molecules in something making them move faster and therefore they become warm, in Cryokinesis you take the energy away. Or thats what I've learned.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:41 pm
FIRE! FIRE! heh heh heh FIRE!!!  

ArwenEvenstar

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:58 pm
Rakei
Keistera

... Me tired. >.<

Psi, thats the word for it, basically psi is mind energy/power, it takes a lot of concentration to actually work, but it is still just harnessing the energy of oneself and the world, putting it into balance. http://www.psipog.net Has some information on this.
Personally I find it hard to believe, I can only see strange things happening and I can't blame it on spells/magic, because it effects a larger area, I think some say something about changing micro-cosmos affecting macro-cosmos, but I'm not sure.

In the case of Pyrokinesis you feed energy to the molecules in something making them move faster and therefore they become warm, in Cryokinesis you take the energy away. Or thats what I've learned.
That makes a lot of sense. Altering the basic energy of the molecules can affect a lot. That is, if you can affect enough molecules....  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:04 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Rakei
Keistera

... Me tired. >.<

That makes a lot of sense. Altering the basic energy of the molecules can affect a lot. That is, if you can affect enough molecules....

Hence the ammount of concentration needed, I've made things warmer, not exactly hot, nor made anything burst into fire.  

Rakei

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:13 pm
Rakei
Nihilistic Seraph
Rakei
Keistera

... Me tired. >.<

Hence the ammount of concentration needed, I've made things warmer, not exactly hot, nor made anything burst into fire.
Then again, combustion all depends on the materials at hand...  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:04 am
i dont think that humans are capable of anything dramatic, like stting things on fire with thier minds, or freezing water. but i do think we can manipulate energies...just not very dramatically.  

Akwila

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:53 am
akwila
i dont think that humans are capable of anything dramatic, like stting things on fire with thier minds, or freezing water. but i do think we can manipulate energies...just not very dramatically.
That fits entirely with what magick is. Nothing drastic, unless you count demonic evocation, and I'm not to sure if I believe in that, but just smaller things that add onto whatever we are doing. Sort of the "extra push".  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:50 am
I dont think that its too far fetched. I think if you work at it and consentrate hard enough you could possibly make things warmer or colder. 3nodding But as for setting things on fire and freezing them sweatdrop .......I think it could be done, but I dont really know. sweatdrop  

Shani05

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:03 am
I've heard of these 'kinesi' (is that the plural for 'kinesis?') and they are definitely interesting, in my opinion. I was wondering, what do you use them for? I'm not psychic (The only thing I've done is the 'Four card thing' with my sister, and I'm not sure if that was psychic powers on my part, or just really good guessing.) but may I ask, what you use kinesis for?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:13 am
Question: is ANYTHING "tamable?" Really?

On the question of kinesis, my BS-meter goes off ringing whenever I hear about that kind of stuff. It's one thing to make nonfalsifiable claims or read meaningfulness into what most consider cooincidence... it's entirely something else to claim you can physically bend something with the mind; a claim that is easily falsified if you're honest with yourself. Come on... this plane of reality isn't like some X-men fantasy. Kinesis can be done without bounds in the otherworlds... but NOT in what is commonly regarded as 'objective reality.' If you think otherwise... I challenge you to take up the Randi one-million dollar reward if you can prove you're actually kinetic.  

Starlock
Crew

iolitefire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:12 pm
Rakei
Keistera

... Me tired. >.<

I thought I would add my two cents into the convo. I agree with the ideas that the elements are not tameable. Fire is tempermental yes, but have you ever seen what happens when Earth or Water get pissed? Yikes. You have to treat all of them with respect in the end.

Now about Kinetics, I believe you have the wrong idea of magic when you say that it effects a larger area. Many people have the idea that witchcraft and spells are the only types of magic, but there's more.

One style of magic concerns energy. I don't know if it has a name but basically this style is all about energy manipulation. What kind of energy you manipulate is all up to you. This kind of magic requires no components, chanting, or even gods. You can do it in a pinch (which is great for defense). The downside is that it requires an insane amount of visualization and concentration, not to mention practice. If you look at this type of magic and compare it with kinetic, you can see that its similar. The difference is that for many people, you have to be born with your psi powers. But with this type of magic, you can teach yourself.

.....but even if you can get damn good at it, you still can't do much because in the end we're only human, and our access to magic is little compared to other beings.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:24 pm
fire is an element, and as such is not IMPOSSIBLE to tame, but only difficult. i feed off the energy of fire all the time, and am beginning to understand it on a metaphysical level. Fire itself is likely tameable, but i dont believe in taming the elements, i believe in utilizing them and letting them move through me and around me. Fire itself is very difficult to control, and i have practised moving it, lengthening and shortening the flame, etc by touching it with my own energy and will-force, and am finding it a bit of a challenge.  

DR490N

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:26 am
iolitefire
Rakei
Keistera

... Me tired. >.<

I thought I would add my two cents into the convo. I agree with the ideas that the elements are not tameable. Fire is tempermental yes, but have you ever seen what happens when Earth or Water get pissed? Yikes. You have to treat all of them with respect in the end.

Now about Kinetics, I believe you have the wrong idea of magic when you say that it effects a larger area. Many people have the idea that witchcraft and spells are the only types of magic, but there's more.

One style of magic concerns energy. I don't know if it has a name but basically this style is all about energy manipulation. What kind of energy you manipulate is all up to you. This kind of magic requires no components, chanting, or even gods. You can do it in a pinch (which is great for defense). The downside is that it requires an insane amount of visualization and concentration, not to mention practice. If you look at this type of magic and compare it with kinetic, you can see that its similar. The difference is that for many people, you have to be born with your psi powers. But with this type of magic, you can teach yourself.

.....but even if you can get damn good at it, you still can't do much because in the end we're only human, and our access to magic is little compared to other beings.

May I ask how psi is used for defense? (I'm not being sassy: I'm genuinely interested) Do you mean: defense against malignant energies/magic? Could you please elaborate on this? It sounds interesting (I'm like, the LEAST kinetic/psychic person on earth, but I like learning about practically everything!)  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff