Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!
Buso Renkin Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KinKin-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:49 pm
Plastic Strawberry
If anyone's read Watsuki's new series, what do you think of it so far?

Personally, I think it's pretty good. 3nodding
I like the main character who's name escapes me.
He reminds me a bit of Kenshin, Misao and Yahiko.
And Tokiko. I think she's cute. <3

Kazuki IS a mix of Misao and Yahiko. He said so somewhere in his little extras writings. I LOVE CAPTIAN BRAVO!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:39 am
Jeez, Buso Renkin is okay but when I compare the quality of the plot to Kenshin I get kind of sad. I think Kenshin was far better. I also get upset over the change of style in terms of art. Again I prefer Kenshin.

The twins are a reincarnation of Enishi and Tomoe. It blew my mind. Even Watsuki admitted it in one of his commentaries. When I was reading that part I was thinking "Have I read this before?".

Overall, Watsuki had a lot of good ideas but the plot was just too fast to let them develop properly. Watsuki always complains about being rushed by his editors....  

Ryuusei-Hi

exdraghunt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:14 pm
I read the first three volumes of Busou Renkin, but it didn't intrest me much. I guess I've watched too much FMA to get into a show like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:35 pm
*looks at above post*

That may be why I don't really like Buso Renkin.
I wanna like Buso Renkin but, I just can't come to think of actually liking it. It's okay, to say I 60% dislike it 20% unsure and 20% like it.

I guess because,
A. I can't come to reading it after how Watsuki ended Rurouni Kenshin. Really I would've liked to see more of Yahiko and for it to end with Kenshin dying, something that would give me more of a nostalgic feeling.

B.Also because the Buso Renkin Manga/anime (which has come and gone) is based off of Alchemy and my second fav. show is FMA and really, I wouldn't mind if Buso Renkin was a copier from FMA. That would kinda make it better to be a bit like FMA.  

Empress_Tsubame

ASTROMANTIC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:12 pm
I really enjoyed BuRe, although it doesn't have a special place in my heart like RurouKen. The characters are amazing, but I have to admit that the plot is a little cliched and seems rushed in places.

Tokiko really quickly became one of my favorite animanga females~ heart She's just so tsundere and lovable. And Papillon is CHOU hilarious. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:45 pm
I read a preview in Shonen Jump. It sounds intresting but I never bought the volume though I read some in the store. domokun  

angelic ice maiden

~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces