Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:45 pm
blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:29 am
Lol, Temari would end up killing Shikamaru if that ever happened...I mean really, note how Shikamaru's speaks of women earlier in the series...Now mix his persoanlity, smart-a** remarks, and staements such as tese with Temari and you get one dead guy....

Although, it could just be one of those denial things that go on...But yeah if they did get together, Shikamaru would be left with a lot of bumps on the head..

Repriev3

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:47 am
Gaaa^San
Lol, Temari would end up killing Shikamaru if that ever happened...I mean really, note how Shikamaru's speaks of women earlier in the series...Now mix his persoanlity, smart-a** remarks, and staements such as tese with Temari and you get one dead guy....

Although, it could just be one of those denial things that go on...But yeah if they did get together, Shikamaru would be left with a lot of bumps on the head..
I agree.

Shikamaru has some serious problems. Why? Don't know. But he has them. And Temari is not the type of person for a guy with problems. She can't have someone dragging her down. She would never take that...

Unless he grew the hell up a little. All the stupid fangirls who are all over him don't understand; yes, Sasuke is troubled. Yes, Gaara and Naruto are troubled. But Shikamaru is also troubled on a phycological level. Something broke him in his head about girls. People like him are usually victums of a terrible act or have gone through tramatizing expiriences. He has some SERIOUS sexual hang ups that no one ever notices. It's hard to compare his situation to the others, who want to kill people, but if we look at these characters as though they were just people we knew, we'd see things that were terribly off in their lives. It isn't because they're fictional; some books can be very real. It was something Kishimoto did on purpose...

Temari is a strong person. But she's also an egomaniac. If someone dragged her down, it would drive her nuts. She's the kid of girl who you would often see beat their boyfriend.

Despite these clear issues, they click pretty well as friends. But as for dating, if it were REAL circumstances, it would never work. But that's the magic of manga. Kishimoto can make it anything he wants it to be. But if Shikamaru was, "Fixed," he would be almost NOTHING like he is right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:52 pm
Shikalee
Gaaa^San

I agree.

Shikamaru has some serious problems. Why? Don't know. But he has them. And Temari is not the type of person for a guy with problems. She can't have someone dragging her down. She would never take that...

Unless he grew the hell up a little. All the stupid fangirls who are all over him don't understand; yes, Sasuke is troubled. Yes, Gaara and Naruto are troubled. But Shikamaru is also troubled on a phycological level. Something broke him in his head about girls. People like him are usually victums of a terrible act or have gone through tramatizing expiriences. He has some SERIOUS sexual hang ups that no one ever notices. It's hard to compare his situation to the others, who want to kill people, but if we look at these characters as though they were just people we knew, we'd see things that were terribly off in their lives. It isn't because they're fictional; some books can be very real. It was something Kishimoto did on purpose...

Temari is a strong person. But she's also an egomaniac. If someone dragged her down, it would drive her nuts. She's the kid of girl who you would often see beat their boyfriend.

Despite these clear issues, they click pretty well as friends. But as for dating, if it were REAL circumstances, it would never work. But that's the magic of manga. Kishimoto can make it anything he wants it to be. But if Shikamaru was, "Fixed," he would be almost NOTHING like he is right now.

That's very very interesting... I haven't seen that much of Shikamaru, but I'll keep an eye out for that...
I hope he heals sometime.  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Public Pervert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:21 pm
Nicely put ShikaLee.

The only women I know of so far that Shikamaru actually fears is his mother, who, according to good ol' Wikipedia, keeps Shikamaru and his fater 'in there place' xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:30 pm
It's too bad we can't have more insight on the life of the characters, well... I mean mostly the past like their childhood and what now. You made some very good points Shikalee, it really makes me wonder razz  

churrlo

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:23 pm
Hoshiko-Narutos_Girl
Nicely put ShikaLee.

The only women I know of so far that Shikamaru actually fears is his mother, who, according to good ol' Wikipedia, keeps Shikamaru and his fater 'in there place' xd
Shikamaru fears all women. Clearly. He says he hates them to avoid them. But he's clearly not gay. At least I don't see... xd Either way, he is just covering up insecure feelings he has inside. He wants to grow up and support a family, but the part between the girl, the sex, and the baby never crosses his mind, and when it does, he may very well face some serious self-conflict. I believe quite strongly that he will grow out of this, simply because Kishimoto, and the fans, want him to. I would have found it far more interesting if it was more realistic, and some weird past came out. Notice everyone else has a past? Him and Chouji are practically silent about their home lives.

And no, fangirls (yes, all of you), he isn't an innocent, cute little victum. A lot of his problem he causes himself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:26 pm
Purple dragon lady
That's very very interesting... I haven't seen that much of Shikamaru, but I'll keep an eye out for that...
I hope he heals sometime.
My theory is one of the reasons I'm easily irritated by people who say, "I'm just like Shikamaru!" Why? Because he has some serious hang ups. And then people who say they are like him try to fit into society; something he is entirely avoiding, because of a possible issue that may have caused an anti-social outlook. His parents have strange dominance going on, which could confuse a child, and Shikamaru in the most recent chapters IS only 15. I know when I was 15 I had more issues... FAR more issues than I do now, just one year later. So part of it is very much likely his age. I just think a lot of fans who claim to be like him are just trying to find an identity because they can't stand their own. Anyone who is anything like Shikamaru comes with his good and his bad.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:28 pm
churrlo
It's too bad we can't have more insight on the life of the characters, well... I mean mostly the past like their childhood and what now. You made some very good points Shikalee, it really makes me wonder razz
More recently I've had a theory that Shikamaru is going to get his a** WHOOPED. If this happens, his past may be brought up. I am most certain something terrible happened to make him so... twisted up and stressed. And everyone sees him as calm. That is merely a sheild. He panics from time to time (like the fight with Tayuya) and that stress seeps through.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:27 pm
That's bad that he's going to get beaten badly.... supposedly. It would be nice however to see some insight on his past... even it does mean one of the coolest characters gets shot down sad  

churrlo

Reso Miso Soup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:46 pm
meh...
the world may never knoweth  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:16 am
Only time will tell.  

churrlo

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:17 am
churrlo
That's bad that he's going to get beaten badly.... supposedly. It would be nice however to see some insight on his past... even it does mean one of the coolest characters gets shot down sad
Meh. A lot of people hate him. I was surprised to see how many people said he pissed them off. XD

Though, it IS just a theory. All of mine has been right so far but, Shikamaru getting his a** kicked would make the focus on him; where this story will always be about Naruto and Sasuke.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:47 am
Um, they are actually meant to be together. They bicker like Shikamaru's parents do. Shikamaru is a bit sexist, and requires a tough girl like Temari to keep him in line, like his dad.  

Genmaru

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Aw I like him, he's really cool! ^_^ I wish the episode happens though ><  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items