Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hot Weather Getting you down?
  Yes
  Not really
View Results

Ming Chen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:46 am
I live in Pennsylvania. It's not as hot as other places in the US, but damn, it feels BOILING to me. I haven't applied ANY make-up in the past week or two. And I'm sticking to wearing black still, but I am wearing a tan skort. I hate tan, and I hate skorts. Damn. But I stay inside most of the time, so it isn't that bad... XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:52 am
I am lucky, I get to spend 10 days in Alaksa starting Friday!  

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Its Cookie Time!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:32 am
I've just been staying iside all the time.
Air conditioning is love.
But when I actually gp somewhere
I dress prety much the same as I always do.
:D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:48 am
I don't go out very often, but when I do go to hang out with friends I wear heavy waterproof eyeliner, so it doesn't run as easily. I always put my hair up in little clips so they look like really short pigtails. Short skirt or skimpy top helps. I always stay in the shade when I can and you'll never catch me without an energy drink, Dr. Pepper, or Milkshake in hand. Its always around the mid 90's here, but I manage.  

Satan on Speed

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:13 am
bloodXalchemist
I live in Pennsylvania. It's not as hot as other places in the US, but damn, it feels BOILING to me. I haven't applied ANY make-up in the past week or two. And I'm sticking to wearing black still, but I am wearing a tan skort. I hate tan, and I hate skorts. Damn. But I stay inside most of the time, so it isn't that bad... XD

Where in Pennsylvania?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:15 pm
I'm staying inside all day playing Oblivion! But I have band camp next week...I've stocked up on SPF 80 sunblock (since the sun hates me), found my pith helmet, and for the sake of not collapsing out on the middle of the field, I'm only wearing black when indoors. Besides, I'll have my clarinet. It's all the black I'll ever need out there. blaugh 3nodding  

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

[ Die Katze ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:43 pm
it's pretty bad here, because i live in southern california, and i absolutely HATE it :[

i haven't been putting on makeup, simply because i'm too lazy to put it on, and it will melt off my face, and then my brother will yell at me because i have too much eyeliner on. and plus, i've been painting my room and such, and are too lazy and exhausted to take a shower and put makeup on, and get dressed for that matter. i've been wearing my paint clothes all week.

when i go out, i stick to my normal garb, usually a concoction of black-something-or-rathers. i say again, i've been painting my room and furniture this week, so all i've been wearing are my paint clothes [ which are black, thank god. ]. i also have like 60spf sunscreen and i'm always putting that on over my acne stuff so i don't get fried and turn as red as a lobster.

i generally just wear my normal black clothing. it's not horrible now, especially since it's actually cooling off here. hey wow, its raining right now.

yes, i've been drinking tons more water, and juice mixed with some sprite. i also drink lots of milk, but that doesn't really hydrate you much.

no problems have occured for me, becuase two saturdays ago my dad finally turned on the air conditioning and it hasn't been turned off since. i reaaallly like it :]

since the weather is hot now, and plus the humidity and dew points have been way high, it's really stupid for me to go outside and do stuff. i only go out if i absolutely have to, and it's usually in the early morning or at nighttime. it's stupid because i go outside of my nicely air conditioned house and then come back inside all sweaty and sticky, and it's gross. plus, it's been cloudy here for the past few days, and i kinda like it. :]

wish me luck guys. i'm going to catalina island for the weekend and i really don't want to come out with a sunburn/tan in any way shape or form.

there's my two cents i guess.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:12 pm
i dont wear makeup anyways, though i've started wearing nailpolish. however, i don't go outside. i just burn really fast.

also, its awful because i work in a fast food place.  

DR490N

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:07 pm
It's been really bizarre and hotter than usual in Philadelphia. I try not to go outside too much lately due to the 100+ weather. I absolutely hate the heat, as I am a winter person and if it is too hot, I tend to get lightheaded very quickly.

I only apply eyeliner and a little mascara, though I always do. I will occasionally wear black clothing and such, but for this weather I am sticking to skirts and jeans.

I have been drinking a lot more water for two reasons mainly - To cope with the heat so I don't become dehydrated or deprive my body of necessary fluids and generally be a healthier person.

Whenever I do go outside, I try to not get direct sun exposure, as I am too lazy to apply sunscreen every time I go outside. Finally, central air does help.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:11 pm
I work all day inside a metal factory building, which can be a b***h at times when it's hot. Wednesday was supposedly the hottest day of the year for us, but I didn't find it all that bad. But everyone made such a big deal of it, so I wore my camo shorts, first time I've worn shorts in forever. Shocked a few people, but oh well.  

KoRnfucius

Umberella

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:18 pm
I feel really gulity. Normally I live in Colorado, which is piping hot during the summer. This summer I decided to visit my mom in Morro Bay California.
The highest degree we got was somewhere around 76 degrees. 4laugh And the locals STILL thought they were in a heat wave! rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:17 pm
Ah, ye olde heat wave. It's not as hot as it was last week for me, but it still is pretty hot. My clothing style hasn't changed much other than the fact that in the past 2 weeks, I've worn pants twice, and the rest of the time, skirts. Also, I haven't been wearing any eyeliner because I've been working outside with a sort of kids day camp, and I've been lazy, so just mascara and eyeshadow.

On a more normal day, I spend almost the entire day in the house, so I just take a really cold shower and put my pajamas back on because I'm not going anywhere... Unless someone asks me to go with them. (o__O);  

BabyEaterLad

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:34 pm
I eat ice cream, and I keep the lights out in my room. I also shut my computer down sooner, and wear slightly thinnner, and (slightly) more revieling clothing (tanks, capris, the such).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:28 pm
We don't have air conditioning, so it really kills me. And I'm definately not used to such hot weather, I live in Michigan! Sure it gets hot in the summer, but not as hot as it has been this summer. I don't even bother to put on make up much this summer, mostly cuz the heat makes me too damn lazy and its so hot, I know it will just run...And I don't wear shorts all that often, but I've been wearing them more...

frigid gator

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:32 pm
I'm living in Florida right now, so it gets to be 100+ most of the days.

I still go out and rollerblade/bike/skateboard everyday :3

I just wear a light shirt and shorts is all.

When I'm not outside getting sweaty, I'm wearing my usual outfit of two black shirts, jeans, etc. etc.

It doesn't really bother me o.o

So what if you can see
The darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this
Animal
I have become...

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers