Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Memorable Threads
~` Matching vs Nonmatching. // A friendly discussion. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[x~`Teh Fishy Boy`~x]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:15 pm
domokun I use some sort of thingy to coer my mouth nowadays and if i dont like my eyes i use a blindfold or mask. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:26 am
I'm type one. And so I've been since I first lurked it the AT almost two years ago now.
I was born into an AT that valued matching extremely highly.
This kind of unbending rule has stuck with me and will continue to do so till I leave.

I've seen so very few of the type 2s that don't look like trash.
I suppose most of the clutterwhores are in there too.

I guess I don't adapt to change very well. xd  

Thomas Ryan - Mad Tom

Tastick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:10 am
House of Pain
I'm type one. And so I've been since I first lurked it the AT almost two years ago now.
I was born into an AT that valued matching extremely highly.
This kind of unbending rule has stuck with me and will continue to do so till I leave.

I've seen so very few of the type 2s that don't look like trash.
I suppose most of the clutterwhores are in there too.

I guess I don't adapt to change very well. xd

I agree that a lot of the unmatching avatars are pretty ugly, but I think a lot of matching avatars are pretty gross as well. I think the percentages from each group weigh out pretty evenly from each group as far as appeal goes.

In my eyes, at least.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:45 pm
I might be type 3. I will probably always have a blue hairstyle on this avatar no matter what people may say about it. >_> Other than that I add colors that may match or look nice enough to go with the outfit that I make for her.  

Zi

Supportive Cleric

30,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Invisibility 100

S h ! r a

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:12 pm
I think i'm a type one. I always try to make sure that my avatars match.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:22 am
I wonder what my opinion is  

Audhumla

800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

QoM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:20 pm
Audhumla
I wonder what my opinion is
definately a matcher.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:04 pm
I'm definitely a type 1.
The sad thing is, I'm kind of a matchwhore irl. xd
I love having shoes that match accents on my shirt, and jewelry that matches my pants, etc.
Even little bows in my hair have to match...
Ahaha..
But yeah, my avatars have to match well and be very unique. :3

Nappy

.Some.Other.Mercy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:38 am
I'd say I'm a number three.

I've been leaning towards making realistic avis lately, and well, they're not always going to match. I don't go out of my way to not match though. I suppose I just make what I like. n_n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:16 pm
I'm a type 2/3, I LOVE Realism-esque avatars. But I can enjoy making one out of the ordinary when I feel like it.  

cnflct!

Professional Lover

The Lady Eyeball

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:47 pm
I'd say I'm a type three. I like to match, and completely random avatars bother me as much as completely matching ones.

But, as you can see, I also like to throw in items that knock off the balance completely if I enjoy the style/idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:23 pm
I think for the most part I am type one. I like to match and like have color balance. I'm just not a fanatic about exact shade matching is all.  

kimkat26

9,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I am a bit of 1 and 3 but definitely not 2. I like matching my outfits and also coming up with themes sometimes. 3nodding

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body. Find my soul and I'm yours forever." ~Anonymous
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[ No, you can't use my tribal images. ]User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:15 pm
I just don't care anymore.
Sometimes Ill match, sometimes I wont. I normaly however do not work well with themes and just lean twords something that pleases me. These day's color is the last thing I tend to look at, I like to look at the overall presentation and flow of the avatar.

Even if a outfit dosen't match the flow and overall appeal can be quite strong. Not being all matchy match also opens more possibilites for creating av's.  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Pixie Saylor

Dapper Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:25 am
    Type 1.
    I'm killing myself right now because the sacred leaf doesn't match, but without it I have no green on my head.

Usually when this happens I just make a new avatar. xD

Estellio Estel

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas