Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which name do you like best?
  Kenshin
  Shinta
View Results

AHURA MAZDA Ormazd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:59 pm
Gosh Guys I tried finding what Kenshin or shinta meant but no good luck. That kind of sucks, I believe there is guys out there that are named that. MMMHHH??  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:34 pm
His real name is Shinta.I don't know if he tells the others or not I'm not that far in the manga only vol. 8 and I've only seen the 1st season of the anime, but I've known his real name for awhile.My secret AMVs.  

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

everythingisnumb3rs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:56 pm
yeah its shinta...i think its a little to kid-like for kenshin.

: )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:13 pm
His rea l name is Shinta he reveals @ some point.  

Blu Froggi

miken-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:44 pm
imadoki_idgit
Shinta is his real name...when hiko found him and took him in he gave him the warrior name of kenshin.. this happens in vol 11 or 12.
It's in a flashback at the beginning of volume 12...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:14 pm
AHURA MAZDA Ormazd
Gosh Guys I tried finding what Kenshin or shinta meant but no good luck. That kind of sucks, I believe there is guys out there that are named that. MMMHHH??

Shinta means "has a big heart." The Japanese characters are 心太. It's a very common, somewhat nostalgic name.

Kenshin means "heart of the sword" and includes the same character for "shin." 剣心

Don't forget about Kenshin Uesugi, a powerful warlord Kenshin makes reference to in volume 5 of the manga. ^^ Personally I love both names, for different reasons. Shinta represents a time in Kenshin's past where he was still innocent and his biggest priority was keeping others happy. Even as a child he hated to see others suffer. Kenshin is probably the name most appropriate for him - he has now grown from being a person with a "big heart" of compassion to someone with the "heart of a sword" to protect the suffering.  

Akira_Hoshino

Ankha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:21 am
Akira_Hoshino
AHURA MAZDA Ormazd

Shinta means "has a big heart." The Japanese characters are 心太. It's a very common, somewhat nostalgic name.

Kenshin means "heart of the sword" and includes the same character for "shin." 剣心

Don't forget about Kenshin Uesugi, a powerful warlord Kenshin makes reference to in volume 5 of the manga. ^^ Personally I love both names, for different reasons. Shinta represents a time in Kenshin's past where he was still innocent and his biggest priority was keeping others happy. Even as a child he hated to see others suffer. Kenshin is probably the name most appropriate for him - he has now grown from being a person with a "big heart" of compassion to someone with the "heart of a sword" to protect the suffering.

Gosh, you know a lot about Kenshin, don't you? (I mean that in a good way). I have noticed that I find your posts the most interesting in this guild.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for posting. Your answers helped a lot! ^^
Still, feel free to post more if there's anything you wish to say or discuss.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:22 pm
Aww, sankyuu~ *feels warm and fuzzy*  

Akira_Hoshino

Angel Yuki Yumi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:03 pm
Personaly I like Shinta better. I never really did like calling people by their nicknames nor do I call Anime Character by any nick names or shortend names. But because Kenshin is the name he's gone for so long.. it's almost like his real name. I don't even think he would answer if someone called out Shinta.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:51 am
meh i dont think there's a difference between ken SHIN and SHIN ta cuzi looked on some website and the name shin meant true or something and the name kenshin was sword heart, meh japanese language is funky  

samuraichikX

Ankha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:05 pm
xd LOL, it sure is!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:14 pm
Let me make this all clear alright? If you have seen the OVAs then well..good for you. but if your like me, and have seen the movie, the episodes, the Ovas AND read the manga, then well..you've probably guess, I am a geek at anime. Anyways, yes Shinta is Kenshins real name, and Kaoru DOES in fact, call Kenshim Shinta in the OVA. And, as far as I know, he doesn't speak of it in the manga, but then again, it's been a lil while isnce I've read it. Anyways, for those of you who haven't seen the OVAs then you probably don't know alot about his past. Anyways, Shinta's "parents,' died protecting Shinta. And then Shinta wanted to protect them, by picking up a sword to heavy for him. Then, luckily, Seijiro Hiko came along and saved his tiny little a**.

Later on, Shinta had made graves for the falled ones, "his parents,' and had put flowers there. Once Hiko had arrived, he poured sake on the graves so that the people would have good sake int he afterlife. Anyways, it was then that Hiko told Shinta that his name was now changed to Kenshin.

Later on, he ended up working as an assasin of the shadows, and spilled alot of blood, causing the bloody rain to fall. When he killed Tomoe's fiancé, he received a slash mark on his cheek. Then, later on, he met Tomoe. He and Tomoe had a "fake" marriage to make sure the enemy didn't find out where he was, he found out that the guy he murdered was Tomoe's fiancé. A little later on, he ended up killing her, while she was trying to protect him form her father. When she died, she put the second slash in his cheek, making the X mark.

A little while later, Kenshin found himself in..the place where Kaoru lives( I forget the place O.O) in the 9th Era of Meiji, where swords are banned. From there, someone was using his name as Hitokiri Batosai, and was killing people in the name of Kamiya Kanshin Ryo school. So, he ended up meeting Kaoru, when he was confroted by this person. After killing him, is what I beleive happened, I don't quite remember the details, Kaoru told him to stay at her place. When he was there, I believe he told her that he was the hitokiri batosai.

A little later on, when he was confronted by the police, and offered a spot in the government, he declined, as he was protecting Kaoru. Later on, he met up with Sanosuke, Yahiko, And oh what's her name...this chick who is a medicine girl. Anyways, they lived happiliy, kinda while Kenshin went through some hardships.

Later, Kenshin came down with this strange disease, uncurable, and he gave it to Kaoru after she gave birth to Kenji. Then Kenshin was sent away into war, and came back at 40 something.* So, then he and Kaoru, to my knowledge, perished together. Kenji was the last deciple of the Hiten Mitsurugi Sword Technique, and Yahiko took over the Kamiya Kanshin Ryo School.

* Kenshin was 28 and Kaoru was 18 or 19 or something like that, when they got married.

If I said something that didn't happen, or said a school name wrong, just correct me.  

Mokona_Modoki4532

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:56 pm
Mokona_Modoki4532
Let me make this all clear alright? If you have seen the OVAs then well..good for you. but if your like me, and have seen the movie, the episodes, the Ovas AND read the manga, then well..you've probably guess, I am a geek at anime. Anyways, yes Shinta is Kenshins real name, and Kaoru DOES in fact, call Kenshim Shinta in the OVA. And, as far as I know, he doesn't speak of it in the manga, but then again, it's been a lil while isnce I've read it. Anyways, for those of you who haven't seen the OVAs then you probably don't know alot about his past. Anyways, Shinta's "parents,' died protecting Shinta. And then Shinta wanted to protect them, by picking up a sword to heavy for him. Then, luckily, Seijiro Hiko came along and saved his tiny little a**.

Later on, Shinta had made graves for the falled ones, "his parents,' and had put flowers there. Once Hiko had arrived, he poured sake on the graves so that the people would have good sake int he afterlife. Anyways, it was then that Hiko told Shinta that his name was now changed to Kenshin.

Later on, he ended up working as an assasin of the shadows, and spilled alot of blood, causing the bloody rain to fall. When he killed Tomoe's fiancé, he received a slash mark on his cheek. Then, later on, he met Tomoe. He and Tomoe had a "fake" marriage to make sure the enemy didn't find out where he was, he found out that the guy he murdered was Tomoe's fiancé. A little later on, he ended up killing her, while she was trying to protect him form her father. When she died, she put the second slash in his cheek, making the X mark.

A little while later, Kenshin found himself in..the place where Kaoru lives( I forget the place O.O) in the 9th Era of Meiji, where swords are banned. From there, someone was using his name as Hitokiri Batosai, and was killing people in the name of Kamiya Kanshin Ryo school. So, he ended up meeting Kaoru, when he was confroted by this person. After killing him, is what I beleive happened, I don't quite remember the details, Kaoru told him to stay at her place. When he was there, I believe he told her that he was the hitokiri batosai.

A little later on, when he was confronted by the police, and offered a spot in the government, he declined, as he was protecting Kaoru. Later on, he met up with Sanosuke, Yahiko, And oh what's her name...this chick who is a medicine girl. Anyways, they lived happiliy, kinda while Kenshin went through some hardships.

Later, Kenshin came down with this strange disease, uncurable, and he gave it to Kaoru after she gave birth to Kenji. Then Kenshin was sent away into war, and came back at 40 something.* So, then he and Kaoru, to my knowledge, perished together. Kenji was the last deciple of the Hiten Mitsurugi Sword Technique, and Yahiko took over the Kamiya Kanshin Ryo School.

* Kenshin was 28 and Kaoru was 18 or 19 or something like that, when they got married.

If I said something that didn't happen, or said a school name wrong, just correct me.

you've kinda god it wrong, i havent read all the manga but i've watched every movie episode and OVA at least twice so i know a lot

first of all shinta's parents didnt die protecting him, those were 3 young girls who were also sold into slavery, his parents died of cholera a few weeks or something before and then shinta was sold into slavery and those guys werent "his parents" he said something they were like sisters to him

and also, tomoe wasnt trying to protect kenshin from her father enishi planned something with thugs and they tried to kill kenshin for everyone he killed including tomoe's fiance

and, kenshin went to the KAMIYA DOJO in the 11th! year of the meiji not the 9th.

when he was confronted by the police he declined not to protect kaoru but because he wanted to move on with this life and stay with his friends. and he also didnt want the position cuz he thought he did not deserve it because he had done so much manslaughter

when he had the disease he was unwilling to give it to kaoru (of course) but kaoru said she wanted to share his pain with her therefore she came down with the same disease. they didnt parish together so to speak kenshin died in kaoru's lap and kaoru was still alive, i'm unaware of when she died exactly but i know kenshin died first according to the OVA. which a lot of people including watsuki didnt agree with but meh.

kenshin was about 28 when the series started and kaoru was around 17 not exatly sure when their wedding was but kenshin was older when they got married

i know i know dont tell me i have kinda an anime addiction but i've just watched it a lot, kinda natural XD

and if i'm wrong with my corrections, correct me  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:26 pm
Ditto to samuraichikX. Everything she said is true.  

Akira_Hoshino

Kitsune_Moon230

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:08 am
i don't think he tells the others his real name but it is Shinta.......the swordsman that took him in changed his name to Kenshin.  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff