Submit

Muhen

Dapper Genius

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:02 pm
I don't have a fav episode, so I'm just gonna pick a saga! blaugh Shishio saga! Loved every episode of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:21 pm
Muhen
I don't have a fav episode, so I'm just gonna pick a saga! blaugh Shishio saga! Loved every episode of it.

Yes, the Legend of Kyoto saga was the most exciting anything after that or before that was not as exciting...though there were a couple of really good episodes here and there (89) whee  

Misao-hime

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:56 pm
You know, After remembering some episodes, I think one of the ones that stuck with me most was the one where Yahiko helps out Subame. That's her name is it not? I think so but I could be wrong. It's not Tsubame is it?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:58 pm
hypnocrown
You know, After remembering some episodes, I think one of the ones that stuck with me most was the one where Yahiko helps out Subame. That's her name is it not? I think so but I could be wrong. It's not Tsubame is it?

It's Tsubame. It's just that T is silent so you immediately think "Subame". It also goes for Tsunami, which is pronounced "Sunami"  

Misao-hime

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:28 pm
I thought so, thanx for tha info Misao Sama!

And it seems to me that there are many characters who have silent letters in their names that I don't know about. Are there any characters in the RK story with silent letters in their names? I would like to see a list of that.

Can anyone help?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:42 pm
Misao-sama
ReD AzNlIgHt AKA Kc
my fav is the last episode. it was so sad when kenshin died but i forgot how.... stressed and that one guy dies after fighting that tiger hes the best!

Do you mean in the Reflections OAV? Kenshin died from tuberculosis.

Actually, it wasn't tuberculosis... It's more like a plague of some kind, though not as easy to spread around. Tuberculosis doesn't make black splotches on the skin, which is, ultimately (I think), what Kenshin died from... But, all in all, the author made up the disease to add drama. There is not real disease like it. 3nodding

hypnocrown
I thought so, thanx for tha info Misao Sama!

And it seems to me that there are many characters who have silent letters in their names that I don't know about. Are there any characters in the RK story with silent letters in their names? I would like to see a list of that.

Can anyone help?

Well, the only names like that I can get right off my head right now is Sanosuke. The "u" is not pronounced. It is read as "Sanoskai".  

Sephiralen

LustrousJade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:42 am
My favorite episode would be the last episode (I'm talking about the series here aight? Not the OAV.) where Kenshin and Kaoru visits Tomoe's grave. Then it rained and they shared a room. redface Love it!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:53 pm
Quote:

Really? But when I saw RK on CNLA they pronounced Sano's name with the "U" and all. Could they have been mistaken?  

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200

Youkai_Kurama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:47 am
hypnocrown

Really? But when I saw RK on CNLA they pronounced Sano's name with the "U" and all. Could they have been mistaken?
i suppose so... i mean in the Japanese language (in most cases anyway) a "u" when in the middle of a word or name is silent. ex. Sanosuke is pronounced "Sanoskei" an the same goes for Shougo Amakusa, its pronounced "Amaksa"... I forgot the word they used for the example in my "Japanese for Dummies" book.. but "u"s are mostly silent, yes.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:35 am
in the Samurai X: The movie, Karou says " i'm starting to regret that i bought you that ticket, Sano suke! i think that's hilarious... sort of.  

Battousai Jr

Youkai_Kurama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:51 am
Battousai Jr
in the Samurai X: The movie, Karou says " i'm starting to regret that i bought you that ticket, Sano suke! i think that's hilarious... sort of.
Yes! i know what your talking about about and I dont know why its as funny as it is... i guess its just the way she says it. Also i like in the series whenever Kaoru and Sano get in fights over how the train moves... "IT'S A KETTLE!"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:00 pm
Ha-ha! I remember seeing that episode. I can't believe Kaoru has better understanding of a train than Sano. That was a funny episode!  

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200

Sen009

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:45 am
My favorite episode would be when Kenshin, Sano, Saito, and Aoshi went kill or defeat Shishio in the final battle. It was great how everyone try fighting Shishio and when they all did their special moves and when Kenshin the does the Hiten Mitsurugi Style"Amakakeru Ryu no hiru meki" (not to sure if I spelled Mitsurugi right) twice! Which ended the battle  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:43 am
I haven't been able to see any of the episodes yet!! crying  

sorgin

sniping devil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:42 am
samurai x the movie that is all.  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers