Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
Why Norrington? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Limabeen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:00 am
poeticdancer
Out of curiousity, why is it that so many people are uber-fans of Norrington? He doesn't have the pirate-ness of Captain Jack Sparrow, and he doesn't get the girl like Will Turner. so what makes him so attractive to you people??

*Just so you know, I'm not a Norrington hater, just curious*

I know how you feel. I don't really get it either.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:03 pm
Ameko no Mori
Ageless Bill Turner
I'm thinking that the Will fans can be attributed to Orlando Bloom fans. The character isn't particularly interesting, but the character's a good looking male who played an elf, so the girlies that had a crush on Legolas have a crush on him as well.

Norrington is an upstanding gentleman gone awry. I knew a lot of Norrington fans previous to the second movie's release and I asked what their fascination was with him, and general concensus was that he had a strong moral standpoint and is good looking.

BINGO! I like Will, sorta.. I mean, I like Orlando Bloom. Orlando Bloom, in my opinion, cannot act. Therefore, he's himself, therefore Will, as a transparent and wishy-washy character (in my mind) just shines through as Orlando Bloom... Johnny Depp can act! Every roll he plays, he is a different person. So far, I think Orlando Bloom has yet to prove that he has that capability...

I'm PRETTY AND APPREHENSIVE!

LOOK AT MY PUPPYDOG EYES.

*bishounen sparkles*

That's about how Orlando comes across in my opinion.
(Don't mention the fact that I look just like him please. I've more personality than three Blooms X3)  

Enki Ankarian

IRL Mage

The Admiral JN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:53 pm
Honestly, I hated him in the first movie. And when he came back in the second I was like, "Wow, that's Norrington?" He seems like a totally different guy - he's a lot nicer and more down to earth, and it seems like he's willing to help other people out a lot more, though he did give Jack a break at the end of the first movie. And well, let's face it, the scruff is sexy. VERY sexy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
By remembering that I serve others, Mister Sparrow...

I don't know if I've said it yet, but I wasn't -as- fond of 'im as I am now. XD After PotC 2, fondness multiplied like rabbits. XD Because after I saw Norrie as he was, I went back to the first movie and re-analysed his character, and saw that adorable-ness he had. <3 Cause face it. He didn't have to let Jack go. And he could have been a complete a** about Elizabeth being with Will and not himself, but no, he knew to just stop the pursuit, and let Will have her. XD End ramble.

Not only myself.
User Image

Halle Marseille

gor86

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:41 am
hey u pirate wanabes i got somfin 4 ye www.puzzlepirates.com  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:31 pm
Cause he's an up-thight gentleman with high morals
in the first movie
and thats absolutely charming
And in the second he's an up-thight gentleman gone wrong.
And there is just something so unbelievably charming about that
<3

(And well...
the scruff.
The scruff is love lust
<3)

klikkhaus

unable2tell44

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:52 pm
I don't know but I can't stand his character and currently he is just a nasty drunken guy who is not hot at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:53 pm
unable2tell44
I don't know but I can't stand his character and currently he is just a nasty drunken guy who is not hot at all.

Oh come on, he has every right to get drunk after everthing he's been through; he's lost everything. I have used can think of worse excuses for getting hammered.  

palindrome88

dobyfreak0277

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:44 pm
DarkDanzku
Ah.. I dunno O.o;; Maybe because he's... umn.. Norrington .__.;; I personally liked him from the very start, although, I must admit, I fell deeply in love with his Scruffy-ness during the second movie x3

So, umn, yah biggrin

me two, i don't really have a specific reason for it from the first movie, but i immediatly fell in love with the character. whee But then the second movie came out, and BAM! scruffy norrington love!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:18 am
In the first movie, he felt more like a foil to the heroes. He had the girl our hero loved. He was going to arrest our favorite Sparrow. So we were supposed to root against him.

In the second movie, he becomes a lot more complex and intriguing. I have to say, I thought he was much more interesting than Will. And scruffier heart  

kim ocean

Halle Marseille

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:08 pm
unable2tell44

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
By remembering that I serve others, Mister Sparrow...

Either that, or you can't stand characters who aren't cliche'd! and remain the same through a whole series. ninja

Not only myself.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:39 am
I liked him in the first movie at times.
There was an extra scene they cut that was sweet.
It was right after he let Will get away with all that he'd done.
Norrington and his soldier guys were strolling away.
He stopped, turned around, and said something along the lines of, "The very best of luck to you both."
And smiled.
All cute.
It was rather depressing, actually.
He needed a hug quite desperately.

In Dead Man's Chest I felt abnormally sorry for him.
I don't blame him whatsoever for stealing the YOU-KNOW-WHAT.

I'm happy he was so disheveled; Jack Davenport was jealous of all the pirates in the first movie.
mrgreen
In the commentary he said he looked like an ice cream sundae.
sad
Poor guy.  

paroxysmal_pianist

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:20 am
I think what people find find attractive (I could be wrong, because I'm not attracted to him, but I think I can see what WOULD seem attactive) is that, in the first movie, he was all serious and sophisticated, and then in the 2nd, he had a scruffy appearance, he could fight, he'd lost his pomp, and he was a different character all together..and it's this that I think is appealing. I admit, he did look quite nice with the long hair and the beard xp  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:53 pm
I always loved Norrie. In the first movie he was pretty much Prince Charming, he was cute, proper, hard working, determined, willing to do anything in his power for the woman he loves and he had nice teeth.

Then the second movie came around and the once cute as a button Commodore got hot. He went from Prince Charming to that dangerous hot guy who your parents tell you to stay away from. Still pretty with nice teeth and determination only now he has scruff, long hair and a sense of danger.

Generally speaking, women want a guy who's nice enough to bring home to your parents but still has an adventurous side. Norriecakes was that guy.  

Il Leopardo

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:36 am
Tarabizzle
I always loved Norrie. In the first movie he was pretty much Prince Charming, he was cute, proper, hard working, determined, willing to do anything in his power for the woman he loves and he had nice teeth.

Then the second movie came around and the once cute as a button Commodore got hot. He went from Prince Charming to that dangerous hot guy who your parents tell you to stay away from. Still pretty with nice teeth and determination only now he has scruff, long hair and a sense of danger.

Generally speaking, women want a guy who's nice enough to bring home to your parents but still has an adventurous side. Norriecakes was that guy.

xd very well said and I agree 3nodding  
Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces