Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Current projects Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitanya_Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:38 pm
Wow.. you guys all have a lot of neat projects.

I can't knit for my life. I can crochet like a double stitch.... nothing fancy. More than one needle and I'm a confused girl.

The bears are so cute though, it makes me want to learn. They look super soft.. like chenille maybe?

^_^ I need projects... hehe. *goes hunting*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:22 am
Well, right now I'm working on a few pairs of socks, the Frost Flowers & Leaves shawl from "A Gathering of Lace", I just finished a scarf of my own design, I'm almost done with a top for a friend (bye bye, ugly bobble top!), and since I now need new in-class knitting, I'm starting yet another pair of socks. Or a trilobyte. Either way.  

Zahra Ovaci

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:57 am
When my wrists aren't killing me, I'm working on a summer sweater that I acutually started to re-knit in December. sweatdrop It was origionaly crochet, but it looked horrible so I'm froging it and redoing it in knit. It looks soooo much better, and I'm finaly down to the last part, my left sleeve. I'm hoping to get it finished in time to wear it at least once before it gets real cold.

My other projects are two granny square afgans for my roommates. They're both blue, but one is a really icy kind of blue, and the other is more purple-y. Those will probably be Christmas presents, because I'm not going to finish them any time soon. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:40 pm
I've put most of my "me" projects (like armwarmers and a pair or two of socks) on hold to start birthday and Christmas knitting. My mom's birthday is Sept. 10, and I'm hoping to have some handtowels knit for her by then, and as soon as those are done, I'm starting some gloves for her for Christmas.

For planned projects...man, I have a list THIIIIIIS long. wink  

wingedorange

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:35 am
I've got a lot of planned projects, too. A couple of afgans as gifts, a scarf, a shawl, some arm warmers, and maybe some leg warmers, but I'm really not sure how I would wear them.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:34 pm
Right now I'm trying to knit a scarf (my second scarf, my first time doing something big in stockinette stich, and my first time with stripes. I only have like 110 more rows to go...but it's only 13 stitches a row so it's not too bad...I should be finished in a few days).
And my other project is a Kankuro hood. For those of you who are giving me those blank looks that my mommy gives me when I try to explain things to her, Kankuro is a character from Naruto (which is an anime for those who don't know...ehehehe...) and he has this AWESOME hood. Seriously. It's square. SHO FUN! I have no idea how I'm gonna do it, but I'll do it...somehow...some way...probably after making about ten different patterns out of newspaper. That stuff is so evil, but helpful...><
But I need to go and buy more yarn for that one.
And I'm also knitting a hat for the baby of one of my dad's co-workers/friends.
Yes, I always bite off more than I can chew, but it all gets chewed...eventually...  

MicroMiniMuffins

MicroMiniMuffins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:37 pm
switchblade12
wow that is really thoughtfull.i am working on blankets for my family because it gets cold here and we don't have a lot of money,but we have tons of fabric and scraps.

That's really cool. Maybe you could get all of your family included and you could, I dunno, spend quality time together? Unless you're like my family and the less we see of each other, the better...in which case, that's probably not a wise thing to do...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:39 pm
gemini6184
User Image

I pulled an all-nighter and killed my hands with size 3 needles to knit these adorable bears for my boyfriend's twin siblings' 8th birthday celebration today gonk They loved them though. 4laugh

Wow...those are so adorable...I wanna make some now...
Except me + anything doll like in form made in anything but fabric = DISASTER. Hehe. That's why I just knit my dollies sweaters and hope that one day it'll all click for me. Like purl stitch. I tried to do that for three or four weeks without success, and it randomly just kind of went "CLICK!" one day and I could do it.  

MicroMiniMuffins

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:56 am
In the past week I've finished a purse, knit two hats (one of which has ear flaps that I absolutely love, it was the first time I'd done that) and now I've started on wrist warmers so my hands don't freeze at work.

I seriously don't know how I found the time for all of it. I want to start a scrap yarn afghan.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:08 am
Update: I have one of my handwarmers done. One more to go !!!

Update: I have too much time on my hands...the handwarmers are done.  

VP Club Freakin Justice

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces