Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:01 pm
Sensual Enigma Tourmaline
Basic Philosiphy: Trust in yourself, your heart, and what you feel. Don't deny yourself, and you'll be enlightened. Hahaha! I think that philosiphy has made me a little more... evil? But I don't mind--it's meant to be, right?

Many philosophies do tell you to deny yourself things.

Check out Buddhism, no way that'd make someone evil.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:25 am
I love all the issues people have brought up, but I want to say my point of veiw. I think that as evelution(cannot spell today) created humans, we with some form of mind, worshiped...something. We didn't know what, we were not told what. We just KNEW there was something. My basic issues with this fact is, what was it exacly? Were we feeling the sense that there was a higher being than us? If so, why do christians convert so many?
Why is there anyone to convert anyone? Don't religons say believe in your brother, to not harm others? It's never been about god or gods or demons or angels, it's been about power. We destoryed our own faith by wars looking for power. Christiany has so much bloody history that if a child was to learn about it he would be scared for the rest of his life. Why? Because of people seeking power therefore ending in destroction.
What about church though? Isn't that a place to freely worship, but what about the preacher? He mends his words to make a point to make you feel guilt. And theres that word again, guilt.
Why is there these heaven like places or these damned places for the sinners? Because of guilt, guilt for life, guilt for pain, guilt for everything we do. That's why people pray, for guilt, for pity, for sorrow, for hope. We don't pray just to give a "Hey what's up god, goddess, gods, higher beings" No never, we give purpose to it. I think that if we did like a guilt free life, we would storm into chaos. Why? Because people would start killing and feel no guilt, people would start having sex while married, or not married, and feel no guilt. People would cheat, people would have no morals because of no guilt. There would be none of these morals that we are born with, that we are taught.
But what is guilt really? I believe it's a form of keeping society in "balance" It's not always the balance we like but it's a balance that fits the criteria for our religon/faiths.
Basically my whole point is, we were created with a idea in our heads of a higher being, we grab on the the faiths we are taught and we live with guilt and morals. We die, then what? We got to heaven, hell, become nature, become another person, wander the earth, nervana, we become a star. Who knows! All I'm saying is I want to live my life to help others and to try to be the best I can. I'll die and see what happens. I will challange none, but I will make my point.
thank you for your time  

`Breathless

ObscureEnigma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:55 pm
::nods:: I can see your point of view. I personally do not wish to meddle with the concept of religion because I do not conform to any religion at all. Besides, I allow people to worship whatever they want (what else can I do?), but when they start forcing their stuff on me, that is when I will become utterly pissed off. Personally, I am a person without a law; thus, the Bible is utter bullshit. My friend believes that the predictions in it are true, but meh, I find them coincidence.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:01 pm
Woot! Religion is bullshit in itself. I don't believe in it or anything else. I live a life free of all of that crap. Atheism is the best thing in the world, and it is the only religion that makes perfect sense.  

Merrin Spicer

ObscureEnigma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:09 pm
You and I both. Three words sum up what I think about religion on a personal level. I do not care if anyone else is religious or not. In fact, most of the people with whom I converse are religious, but I refuse to ever become religious again. I think that "Religion is bullshit", but I do not say that to offend anyone. I just think that statement personally applies to me, an athiest.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:58 pm
Meh. I hang out with some religious people, but most of my friends are athiests. I would rather not get into a fist fight with my friends about religion.  

Merrin Spicer

ObscureEnigma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:26 pm
Yes. Especially over something as stupid as religion.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:58 am
::nods:: Religion is such a trivial thing. Worship what you want. Leave me the hell alone about it. Thanks.  

Merrin Spicer

Elochai Sammael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:00 pm
Not to rag on anyone's religion or anything, but the very nature of religion, even the word itself, means that it's impossible to know the right religion. I mean, you can't believe in a fact, and you can't know a belief. If you look at most of the religions, they provide answers to questions that can't be answered by people, such as the origins of the world and what happens when we die, so it's really more of an opinion than it is fact.
And yes, I am a slightly nihilistic person.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:39 pm
Nonsense. You are telling the truth. If their religion is offended by that truth, then people really are ignorant and hard-headed.  

ObscureEnigma

Merrin Spicer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:58 pm
I assume that there is no such thing as truth... or a really decent religion at that matter.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:29 pm
I would have to agree. Too many people seem to think that because of their religion, they can get away with anything by just praying or confessing. And so many seem to think that everyone who doesn't believe will simply go to Hell, not because of any sin, but because of doubting the relevance of a book written by men thousands of years ago. Also, I don't like organized religion, so I'm kind of baised. Too many bad things have come from religion.  

AxBeautifulxNightmare

Merrin Spicer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:13 pm
Damn straight. Thank you! Religion is the source of the world's problems. When people realize that, then the reign of atheism will be tremendous.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:07 am
Heh. People are slowly coming to the realization. Amazingly enough, the people around me are still religious. Oh well. I'll let them believe what they want to. After all, I really don't care if anyone else is an athiest or not. I am athiest, and that is all I care about.  

ObscureEnigma

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:25 pm
People don't have to completely lose all sense of faith, just convert to Deism. smile
I've got no problem with people needing to believe that we go on existing after death, just when they allow suppositions and faith to interfere with common sense, is the only thing that gets to me. Also, since Deism rejects "revealed" religion, they can't point to millenia old texts and use them as justification for immoral behavior. mrgreen  
46: Anarchist's Manifesto

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff