Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are your Parents and friends okay with you being Gothic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are they?
  No
  yes
  one not the other
View Results

Seelenmord

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:43 am
my father is kind of goth, too ^^

so they accept that to 100%

but when we visit my grandparents or something like that, we dress normal razz  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:46 am
...... sort of.....
At home they don't care because I don't socialize with them.
Out and about the town they really would rether that i tone it down abit, or not at all. So i tend to just stay home so i don't have to take s**t about it.
At school I wear uniforms and none of them are the color black. I die eveyday.
My friends don't care, they love it. i even have goth friends who help to goth me up just a bit more.

Orgi_inMYmouth

nahshon

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:08 am
My dad hates it, my mom doesnt really mind it and i dont know about my friends since i dont really have any.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:12 am
Konkuro
Well...My parents are not for it whatsoever! And most of my friends are punk but not gothic. My one friend Cassandra is A really gily and preppy person but ive known her like, my whole life so we have a really strong relationship. (As friends, I dont go that way) Anyways, we were talking and there was a conversation started up about my friend Allison, who, trys to be something shes not. So heres what happened:

Cassandra: So shes Emo?
me: confused What? no, she trys to be punk and goth...
Cassandra: Thats what Emo is! Being something your not!
me: The ********? no it doesnt! Emo is something totally different!

And then I got annoyed and just dropped it. Also...anytime I go shopping im so irritated because she comes with me and I always take her to her dumb girly places but she doesnt want to go to my Gothic places! It might be a good thing that she might move away!

Also, when it comes to my parents its really hard! Anytime I wanna buy something they wont let me because its Gothic! They think im not when all I wear is Black, I like Godsmack, Korn etc. and I think skulls, gory things etc. are awsome! they are so stupid sometimes I wear! but they never care when im going shopping with my friends and I buy Gothic stuff! Its only hard now but they are slowly getting used to the idea that im gothic so that they can get out of their little denial stage! (but just remember I live with my grandparents, my dad loved The Gothic style sense hes pretty gothic and is in a gothic/punk band)

So how about you? how do your parents and friends feel about it??

i am me the wyai i want to be and my parents have just stepped back and lemme go. they used to care but now they don't... well my real family does but not my foster family.  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Wooper to Quagsire

Original Strawberry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:21 am
My friends are fine with me being goth. My parents aren't.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:04 am
My parents don't object or try to prevent me from expressing myself but they still don't really understand what goth actually is, my friends however all understand goth and accept what I am.  

Ilassa

Mountain_Drew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:34 pm
grandfather- He's fine with it, but will advice me not to wear black nail polish and eyeliner to a job interview.

dad-hates it, he thinks im "...spitting in the face of everything he's done for [me]..." (yes, thats a direct quote from him). He's worried that i'll become obsessed with death and try to kill myself.

mom-she, herself, does not like it but, after 6 years, she's starting to see that it is not a phase. She is starting to let me have more freedom to choose what I want to wear.

friends-well, the friends that i've had for over 6 years don't like it, and i face the light hazing from them. The rest of them like it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:42 pm
What little friends I have are goth.
They're the only ones who seem to care to talk to me.
I've tryed talking to other groups but no luck.
My mum is totally ok with what makes me feel right.
The parentals just don't like the heavy make-up.
My pops doesn't like it PERIOD.

Mz.Wiggles

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:34 pm
I think my parents have gotten used to my "Sugar Goth-ness".... I don't think they'd be too happy with me if I came home in a corset and bondage pants, but I'll... well, I'll try to ease them into it. Eventually. If I make my own stuff I don't think they'll mind as much.

My friends accept that I am the sugar goth, and they... well, they like it. I guess they think it's what makes me who I am.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:11 pm
Dad hates it Mom hates it. Friends or indeffernt.
But I am really odd I guss because my favorit pants are bellbottoms I made, my dad likes the fine lol. But everyone els I know hates my bellbottoms. why? neutral  

TheKeeperOfLostCatSouls

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:19 pm
my dad isnt ok with it, but my mother used to buy me clothes for it, she loved the idea i was goth, british heritage lol no one on that side wears bright colors
and my friends just dont care  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:45 am
My friends don't care. My parents do but they just let it be and don't complain about it.  

Angel Bruja

anime_freak777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:23 pm
My friends are okay with it,but I've lost many over the years because I wasn't "normal like them."Some of my family members don't like it and have disowned me and started talking about me behind my back. My mom thinks I'm a freak and buys me "what other people's daughters wears". She took away my Tripp skirt & actually tried to throw away clothes I just bought and spent $115 dollars on.A small fraction of my family likes the way I dress though and admires me( My 8th grade Math teacher wrote me like a two page note in my yearbook that she likes that fact I'm not a follower like the 2nd Streeter girls and that she loves the way I dress. ) for being different and not trying to be "ghetto" & "gangsta" like all the other people my age in our neighborhood.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:32 pm
---[x]---

Yup!
You see, it's an interesting trade-off...
I accept my mother for being lesbian (which rocks)...
And she accepts me for who/what I am.

I love my mom...
<3

---[x]---

[x]Macabre-Alamode[x]

ronton-ritsuzen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:20 pm
my parents hate it.
they're trying to get me out of this "phase" as they like to call it.

my friends couldn't give less of a damn.
as long as i let them borrow my yaoi.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces