Submit

can a religion be made up?
  yes
  no
View Results

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:58 am
Right now your religion would be catagorized as a cult since only a few people follow it. Now there is nothing wrong with being a cult, after all christianity was at one point and time considered nothing more than a cult, it just takes a lot of followers before any structure of beliefs set forth is officially recognized as an organized religion.

I do have to ask what doctorine you've borrowed from both groups in order to found you own beliefs? What is the set doctorine, what values do you uphold as such? Do you have what you follow written down so that others might be able to emulate and join in your ideals or have you not gotten to that step yet?

I do applaud you for striking out on your own and taking the path less tread. It can be difficult at times to do something as bold as to follow and ecceltic mix or blending of two very different belief structures.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:30 pm
i get called satanist all of the time for my physical appearance.

but then again, i live in the christian belt area of the u.s. so that doesn't help me much.  

ronton-ritsuzen

Xyercies Uhtred Ragnar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:39 am
ronton-ritsuzen
i get called satanist all of the time for my physical appearance.

but then again, i live in the christian belt area of the u.s. so that doesn't help me much.

why what do you look like?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:03 am
I wish you well on your path, it's never a bad thing to come up with your own religion. Mine mixes many different ideas and phlosophys so it might as well be, but I just call my self a LHP Pagan /shrug.

I don't really care what others think of my religion to be honest, but I must admit the one or two "devil worshiper" comments I seem to get a month at work does get on my nerves now and again. But either way, enjoy your religion.  

Drakul13

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:41 am
lurichan
Right now your religion would be catagorized as a cult since only a few people follow it. Now there is nothing wrong with being a cult, after all christianity was at one point and time considered nothing more than a cult, it just takes a lot of followers before any structure of beliefs set forth is officially recognized as an organized religion.

I do have to ask what doctorine you've borrowed from both groups in order to found you own beliefs? What is the set doctorine, what values do you uphold as such? Do you have what you follow written down so that others might be able to emulate and join in your ideals or have you not gotten to that step yet?

I do applaud you for striking out on your own and taking the path less tread. It can be difficult at times to do something as bold as to follow and ecceltic mix or blending of two very different belief structures.

nothing written down as of yet, my friend and i are still working out the bugs so to say
but it has a supreme deity called gaurdian, she had twins, this is where the pagan thing comes in, a goddess of darkness, Keeva-symbol is the moon and a snake
and the god of light, Lukress-symbol is the sun and a dove.
then there are alot of minor gods and goddesses. the god of death and a goddess of life.
and the hindu thing comes in with reincarnation and karma.
there is alot more but its ALOT and i dont want to bore anybody.
so thats part of the basics  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:25 pm
You can totally make up a religion! It's about inner enlightenment so who says you have to conform to what some other guy says or writes? I'm Wiccan but I make a lot of it up as I go along because it makes sense. I keep the belief's general guidelines but I don't want to follow anything by the book, that's unenlightened and boring. You gotta figure some stuff out for yourself.  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

Black_Blood_666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:41 pm
I agree with any and all of the above 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:35 pm
If anyone here is Catholic, I have absolutly nothing against you.(Since I obviously don't know you.) But I am so against Catholicism, I can't even begin to tell you. Catholics shun every other religion, and get all of the followers of the religion to shun it as well, without teaching them about the other realigions. Just because someone elses God isn't the same as your god, it doesn't mean that the religion is wrong. There are many people that think that way about Catholicism, which is also wrong, but whatever there religion is, it probably doesn't teach all of its followers that the religion is wrong just because its standards don't meet that of another religions standards. It drives me crazy that Catholics have there minds set on what they think of other religions, and that no one will ever change there minds. Being Protestant is almost like being Catholic (excet for they're speaking out against the Catholic church, kinda) but Protestants at least have an open mind about other religions and don't shun them at all. They are totally open and accepting to other religions, because they know that other religions have other Gods, just like they have a God. Just because it's not the smae one, doesn't mean it's wrong. It's awful, but this is the way most mainstream religions are. I'm sorry, but I have really strong beliefs about this. Probably because I'm the only person that isn't Catholic at my Catholic school, and I'm also Goth so people assume I worship Satan, but this just really bugs me. Thanks for making a thread about it.  

Corpse_Bride_131

Scathach789

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:27 am
I believe in the Judeo-Christian god. However, I think Christianity is hypocritical (Aren't you supposed to love your neighbor?) so I do not follow the religion. I believe that all deities have the possibility of existance and personally I follow the goddess Scathach.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:53 am
Scathach789
I believe in the Judeo-Christian god. However, I think Christianity is hypocritical (Aren't you supposed to love your neighbor?) so I do not follow the religion. I believe that all deities have the possibility of existance and personally I follow the goddess Scathach.

Christianity is not hypocritical, Catholicism is.

Christianity: "And if love exists between two men they shall not be scorned"

Catholicism: "The deepest pits of hell are reserved for thieves and homosexuals"

Christianity: "Embrace those who are not like you, and realise that in your hearts, you are all alike"

Catholicism: "Those who do not believe in Christ will burn in hell forever"

Catholicism is an organization which, in my opinion, has totally lost sight of what it was originally based on.

To quote Gandhi (if memory serves), "I find it sad that so few Christians are like Christ"  

GilAskan
Crew

The Flightless Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:58 am
I think there should only be ideas.
ideas can be changed
people die over religious laws.

yeah that came out weird but you get the point  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:47 am
Corpse_Bride_131
and I'm also Goth so people assume I worship Satan, but this just really bugs me. Thanks for making a thread about it.

i hate it when that happens, or when people assume im wiccan, i dont mind that one as much but i hate it when people assume stuff  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Akaratichi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:32 am
I pretty much hate Religion in overal , get me right i dont hate Catholics Jews or whatever simply in what they believe.
its all a big lie and its gotten so bad over time that poeple started wars over them.
poeple treat others like they are another race but its just sad they cant realise where all the same.
Religion might have given some poeple hope and security that in their believes there will be something after they die but Religion has caused so much suffering like Black poeple and Homosexuals , its outragous of course and luckelly Black poeple are welcome into this enviorment.
(alright sorry for slowley going from Religions onto Racism)
But also in the past it has caused allot of suffering , as for a example Crusades , useless to the normal thinking poeple but apparentley Christians thought it was a good idea to send a few thousand men of wich half of them would probabley die on the way to the destination and not the security of making it in battle , Gods will?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:59 am
Akaratichi
I pretty much hate Religion in overal , get me right i dont hate Catholics Jews or whatever simply in what they believe.
its all a big lie and its gotten so bad over time that poeple started wars over them.
poeple treat others like they are another race but its just sad they cant realise where all the same.
Religion might have given some poeple hope and security that in their believes there will be something after they die but Religion has caused so much suffering like Black poeple and Homosexuals , its outragous of course and luckelly Black poeple are welcome into this enviorment.
But also in the past it has caused allot of suffering , as for a example Crusades , useless to the normal thinking poeple but apparentley Christians thought it was a good idea to send a few thousand men of wich half of them would probabley die on the way to the destination and not the security of making it in battle , Gods will?

i agree with you completely.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:12 pm
Akaratichi

Crusades (Christians): 9 Million Dead
Mao ze Dong (Atheist): 100 Million Dead

Religion doesn't start wars. People who hide behind religion start wars. They use God as an excuse for their actions, justification for their wrong doings.

Religion is fine. It's organized religion which corrupts the original intentions of the faith.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff