Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
Outlaw's Guide to the Galaxy 2.6: 200 Entries and Growing!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you find this Guide useful?
  Yes
  No
  I dont read this thing.
View Results

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:58 pm
Entry No:7301
Subject: An Outlaw's view of Lightsabres
Capsule:
User Image
Antique laser swords are real pretty and all, but save them for those scum-sucking jedi. Now adays, everyone in the galaxy seems to have a lightsaber fetish or something. Everyone wants to have one of these stupid things and once they get one, they all belive they're the next Luke Skywalker, Force Sensitive or not. guess what? you're not folks.

A Light saber is an outdated weapon, efectively a controlled laser emition. depending on how their built they have diferent "blade" colors and handle designs. what it is is a laser on a stick. it has the same properties of a laser weapon with the added disability of being a melee weapon. It can't pass through shields, disipates in water, cuts through most materials that aren't half a meter thick, reflects light weapons depending on the strength ((meaning heavy laser cannons are beyond its ability to deflect.)) and can't hit anything outside its owner's reach with the blade extended. a waste of a powercell.

Face it, anything you could use a lightsaber for can be done better by anything else. need to slit somone's throat? use a knife, it dosent hum when in use. need to open a door? either bypass the security lock down or cut through it with your blaster set on "high beam". dealing with a lightsaber user? shoot him. he's a jedi? shoot him with a grenade launcher. ((they make a nice clip on mini grenade or rocket launcher for the E-11 that you can pick up in most Freeports.)) For more on how to kill those annoying Force users, see the upcoming Entry No:7889

Overall the point Im trying to make is that Outlaws don't need lightsabers, nor should they fear them. stick to your guns boys. Might also wanna pack a knife.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:22 pm
Entry No:800m
Subject:Detonite tape
Capsule:
User Image
I never leave home without a roll of this stuff. Need to blow a shaped hole in a wall? D-tape. wanna break open an airlock? D-tape. Need to add more bang to your average explosive? D-tape. have to blast a hatch, door or a vault wide open? D-tape.

For all your blasting needs, ya gotta have D-tape. Flexible, Self-Binding, and safe enough to carry in your pocket, D-tape is the demolition's expert's dream. D-tape is essentially a plastic adesive tape containing concentrated detonite. they package the stuff in 5 meter rolls and at 1,500 credits a roll this stuff aint cheep. but trust me, the stuff is worth every cred. you can just rip off a small piece, stick it where you need it, and set it off. For controlled explosions and shaped charges, nothing beats detonite tape.

Like everything theres some downsides to D-tape. the shelf life is only ten years, and legal use of the stuff requires extensive background checks and a proper grade demolition liscense. this will cost you about another 1,500 credits but it'll be money wasted if your criminal record isn't squeeky clean. you're better off just buying it black market. it may cost more, but proffesional outlaws, smugglers, pirates and demolition nuts swear by this stuff. another nice tip: most Snowmen mistake D-tape for an equally remarkable yet comparatively harmless bit of technology known as Duct tape.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:24 pm
Entry No: .45
Subject: The Mos Eisley Special
Capsule:
User Image
"Hokey religons and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." Truer words were rarely spoken. On the fringe, an outlaw's life often hinges on his skill with a blaster. The worst thing that could happen is for that blaster to fail you when you need it the most. That has yet to happen to me. I may switch to a different piece when the situation calls, but when the heat is on, I always come back to my trusty Blastech DL-18.

The DL-18, nicknamed the "Mos Eisly Special", is a solid, dependable blaster pistol with decent range and stopping power. Its common around the galaxy, and very popular on Tatooine as you could guess by the name. Most Blastfights in Mos Eisley start and end with the Special.

The Reason the DL-18 is so popular has to do with its highly customizable design. Almost like a good Corellian freighter, the DL-18 can be modified like hell. No two Specials are quite the same as their owners often customize them for their own needs. For example: I tricked out mine for increased accuracy and sanded down the edges to impove my quickdraw. in addition I toughened up the casing and tightened up the trigger for a faster rate of fire. Some guys rewire it to drain more power from the ammo pack, but that just screws up your aim and gives you fewer shots.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:14 pm
Entry No: 889
Subject: Weapon Varieties
Capsule:
User Image
It is easy to see that there is vast collection of possible weapons to have for yourself. However, the smart outlaw will always want a little of everything just in case certain situations arise. Ex: A normal blaster may be cool when its modified all to Hell, but a pure energy blast sometimes will not cut it. If you're gunning down someone with an energy shield, use a Disruptor. Unlike the average blasters, these will make quicker work of their shields, so you don't waste precious time with a standard blaster while they soak it all up before their chronies arrive. If droids are in your sights, use Ion. If you have several people gunning you down and you can't escape, put on a breathing mask and toss a gas grenade their way. If they're chasing you and you can't take them on, use an adhesive grenade to stop them in their tracks. And, if you're staring at the business end of a lightsaber, a melee weapon made with a cortosis weave will be your new best friend.

Sure, with so many different weapons, it can be hard to decide what's right to get. However, if you're able to get some of them all, you'll be able to get through any situation.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:27 pm
Entry No: 83409
Subject: Jedi
Capsule:
User Image
Mostly Harmless.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:48 pm
Entry No:1947b
Subject:E-11 Blaster Rifle
Capsule:
User Image
I feel I must add an addendum to the previous entry. I found a small mistake- the standard E-11 has 100 shots to a pack, not 50, and its range is not all that much of a problem- a max of 300 meters.

However, while it is certainly a wonderful practical weapon, its design is even more ingenious. First of all, the gun is asthetically beautiful. A fine gloss black finish completes the elegant yet sinister overall presentation it gives. The foldout stock is a nice touch, as it is optional and can be given a low profile to keep it from detracting from the compact size and minimalistic look of the weapon.

The greatest design feature is the cooling system. It has the usual air-cooling vents, the circular holes, common among many blasters. However, in addition to that, it has a coolant-transporting liquid capilary system to further aid in the cooling of the barrel. As if that weren't enough, the shape and placement of the coolant capillaries are arranged in such a way that they further facilitate circulation. That's 3 cooling meathods crammed onto one weapon.

This means that, unlike other blasters, and even some ship based weapons, this overcompensates for heat. As a result, it can sustain more fire for a longer period of time without the risk of setting the barrel out of allignment. I'm sure you're aware that energy weapons commonly have heat problems, so if you're worried about heat (and you should be, it is a problem to accidentally ruin your gun in a firefight), your worry should be eased with this highly inventive weapon.

Another marvel of design is that the entire internal components module takes up only about 1/6 of the length. That means that the barrel is 5/6 of the length of the gun. This adds to its accuracy, and is a testament of the ingenuity of the designers- they can cram powerful weapon components into a relatively tiny package.

Powerful it is... quite destructive, especially for its size. This feature alone is a plus. But combine that with the rest of the above, and you have a near-perfect weapon.

However, how can you fix what isn't broken? If you were to modify this weapon, what could you do to improve it?

You improve some of the good qualities. Remember, the E-11 is a mass-produced rifle, so all of its components are stock parts (no pun intended). If you have a bit of cash, it is advised that you, or a weapons dealer:
-Lengthen the barrel/coolant tubes
-Replace the scope with a more powerful one
-Remove the foldout stock and add a permanent one to the back, increasing possible barrel length and room for extra gas to be stored.
-Modify the grip to be more comfortable

Other than this, anything else you'd want to do would be unnescessary. This is truly one of my favorite weapons in the galaxy. As my last bit of advice, I advise you to enjoy using it.  

Nospai Deathous

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:53 pm
Entry No: 12-bit
Subject: Fusioncutter, Hydrospanner, Power calibrator
Capsule: Never leave home without 'em.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:07 pm
Entry No: 1916
Subject: Blas-Tech DL-44
Capsule: User Image
This weapon has been immortalized by a man who is perhaps one of the greatest scoundrels in the galaxy- Han Solo.

The DL-44 is a large-format pistol with a huge punch. Roughly the power of a rifle, minus the range, weight, and size. Speaking of range, the max is 50 meters. Another sacrifice is ammunition capacity. Only 25 shots to a power pack.

This may have you thinking, "Screw that old relic." Well, bite your tongue, kid. This is truly an amazing weapon. Let me remind you of the size. It's about the size of a pistol, a little bulky.

This thing can punch through stormtrooper armor like it's paper.

Plus, it's easy to weild, and easy to draw from a holster. Easy to service, too, and fairly easy to aim. It's a very attractive weapon, shaped like a standard blaster pistol, but for the large power pack box directly below the barrel, which gives it a more robust look. The handle is ribbed, and fairly easy to grip, and also has a vibrating function to warn the user when there're only a few shots less.

Now to modifying it. A rookie level modification would be adding a scope. This is so often done that many people think it comes standard. Well, it doesn't. And if you have another sidearm with longer range, keep it that way; it doesn't need the weight or addition to size. It's not accurate or ranged enough to merit a scope anyway. If it's your main weapon, though, a scope isn't a bad idea.

Next, do something about the power. Some more mechanically inclined modify the components to use less energy. That's all well and good, and if you can pull it off, do it. A simpler way to extend its ammo life is to simply lengthen the power pack. If you double it, and change the internal components to use less energy, you can about triple the weapon's original capacity on one pack. I also suggest that you pull the barrel back and lengthen it. An outcropping to fit over the top of your hand can both add gas space and barrel length, as well as stability. You can easily double the range this way.

Finally, change this grip if you're finicky about those things, but i don't suggest slapping too much paint on the weapon if that's your style- heat'll peel it off too quickly.

The DL-44 is a legendary weapon for a reason. You need only use it yourself to find out why.  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:02 pm
Entry No: 6581
Subject: The Force
Capsule:
User Image
The Force is one of the most widely known things in the galaxy. If for nothing else, the Jedi and Sith have both displayed its power for millenia on countless occasions.

The Force is a living force, one that resides in every living being. Some have speculated that The Force is actually people's souls, but this is quite a cheezy look at it owned by only the most religeous nuts and simple brained fools in the galaxy who are quite unimaginative.

The two most prevelant theories concerning the force are the old fashioned living connection, and the science-bound ecological one. While evidence in recent times since The Phantom Menace point that there are small micro-organisms who are co-symbiont within every living being. For exchange of living in every living being, they produce a field of undescribable attributes, namely called the Force. This is proven by a direct correlation between the number of midichlorians and the strength of the user. However, it is odd that many successful Jedi never have cared about the counts, and even moreso, how an organism that is present in every living organism is affected by inanimate objects.

There is also another concern when talking about these midichlorians. The theory is halted when confronting the Ysalimari, who don't seem to have force connections, but the opposite. This species creates anti-force pockets, which makes the theory unsound, as it is odd that something that has the force can stop everyone else from using it. Or take the Vong, who have no such creatures; they break the rules as well.

The other theory, which is also quite widely accepted is the theory of all living things are connected not by microscopic symbionic organisms, but by a force of life itself. The attacks used by the force are easily explained by this theory. Force push for example uses The Force from within to push an object, much like one pushes a button with a stick. Even lightning has connections. By opening a channel between two combatants, one can use bioelectricity to literally shock an opponent and attack with lightning.

However all this, the Outlaw's Guide to the Galaxy says this about the Force: It is god's second mistake after making the universe.

Basically, when confronted by a force user, run very fast, shooting and throwing as much stuff in the opposer's path before he gets to you. Or better yet, run like hell, and let your teammates tackle the fury.

Jedi and Sith alike are still unsure of how this force works, but they focus on usage rather than mechanics. So should you.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:12 pm
Entry No: 222
Subject: TIE fighter
It never fails. you think you're clear of imperial trouble after outrunning those imp cruisers, are in the home stretch and calculatting that hyperjump. Then you hear the whine of those Twin Ion Engines and it all goes to hell.

TIE's suck. period. One is a pest, two are anoying. Any more than that and you're be cursing the empire all the way to the repair bay((or to your dying breath, depending on the situation.)) Little more than super fast flying laser cannons, a squad of ties can ruin any outlaws day. They can easily catch up to most light freighters with their speed, their guns are way overpowered, and they are usually encountered in numbers.

The best way to engage TIEs, or "Eyeballs" as fighter jockeys call them, is to either own a better fighter or have turreted cannons. theres not much to downing them, as Ties have no shields and almost no armor to speak of. Seriously, a friend of mine shot down one with an E-Web heavy repeating blaster. all you need to do is get one hit with a ship's weapon. The trouble is, they are small and fast, making them tough targets. best to lead your shots and use ordinance with a wide blast radius.

If ever given the chance to fly one of these things, don't. you're better off dogfighting in a space suit than going out in one of these things. Sure its fast, but the inertal compensators are weak. you might snap your neck in a sudden acceleration. theres no Life support, no shields, no ejector seat, no missles, and like almost everything Imperial the peripheral vision sucks. decent music player though, but as with all starfighters you'll have to bring your own music datachits.

I have never figured out how the empire can afford to pump out so many pilots for these things. Common sense would naturally steer somone away from flying one of these deathtraps. If I had a guess, I'd put money on the Empire's Propaganda machine. You're better off trusting a hutt than believing anything that passes through the Imperial Censors.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:43 pm
Entry No. 538
Subject: Jabba the Hutt
Capsule:User Image
Jabba the Hutt what can I say? Unless you have buisness with him or are a bounty hunter looking for a hit, stay away. Jabba is a slug-like gangster from Tattoine who would be happy to lend you money, just as long as you pay him back.

Hutt is also a pod racer entusiest and hosts races on Tattoine and is sometimes known to sponser certian racers from time to time.
Mant people know that Jabba also throws the best parties. If your a 400 pund slug thing gangster you gotta know how to have a good time. Some deatils on his parties include drug use, alcohol, gambling, some of the best music, and live exucutions of his slaves.

Rumors say that Jabba is now dead as a result of being choked by one of his slaves but the Outlaw's guide rarely belives rumors and thus you should still watch out for him.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:47 pm
Entry Number: 356
Subject: Incom T-65

In not so little words:
THe Incom T-65, more commonly known as the X-Wing, is a well known snubfighter throughout the galaxy. Manufactured by Incom, the T-65 blends the features of the Z-95 Headhunter with the Grand Army of the Republic's ARC-170. The X-WIng's most prominent feature is its S-Foils, that being, the ability to open it's wings up to a set of four. With a laser cannon mounted on each wing, the X-Wing features the ability to "link" lasers, that being, it can fire all four at once. THe X-Wing is well known for being the ship to destroy both Deathstars, and the fighter of choice by the famed Rogue Squadron. The X-WIng was first used by the Rebel Alliance, and then by the New Republic. The X-WIng features an R2 unit socket as well. It also holds a payload of six proton torpedoes, and the newest incarnation the T-65XJ3 can hold 18.

In a few words: A force to be reckoned with.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:17 pm
Entry No: 900
Subject: Baktoid Combat Automata Mark 1's ((aka B1 Battle Droids))
Want an army dirt cheap? buy these things by the dozen. They're effective, inexpensive, and have none of the problems of organic troopers. hell, the Confederacy made so many of these things even 30 years or so after the Clone Wars the Market's still flooded with 'em. they even come with their own blaster. long after the droid is worthless you can still use the blaster and vice versa should it come to that. And before you start saying "well if they're so great, why dosen't the empire use them?" or some sith like that, read a history textbook. the man whooped up on the machine.

There's, as always, a bad side to these things. Why else would they make the B2 "super" Battle droids? The B1 can't take many hits, which is part of its design. The Trade Federation who ordered the first lot of them found it easier to replace the droids if they could be just be scrapped after a battle. so they tend to "die" fairly easily. thanks to an abundance of parts, its never hard to fix 'em after its over. But it gets anoying when your back up gets mowed down when you need them most. Most owners customize their B1's with upgraded armor. Also, theyre none to bright if their isn't an organic or a B1-00M9 comander class droid leading them. Plus, they often need to be upgraded to operate withought a control signal.

A word of caution about upgrading the B1's brain: use quality parts and restrict them to Military droid compatable hardware. A friend of mine upgraded the brain of his B1 with the processor of an old GA series Intelligence droid and some hardware scrapped from the IA of a scrapped destroyer's ship computer. Gifted with this new intelligence, the droid began to systematically upgrade its self on a continuous basis, always adding pieces to itself, improving it's chasis and modifiing its steadily increasing number of personal weapons. Even before its self renovation it had a disturbing tendancy to survive even the harriest firefights, it outlived its master, most of his master's friends and several ships it served on. Personality flaws began to apear too, a sign of a sith poor memory wipe job. For example, it had a pathological hatred of Blue R2 units for some reason and reveled in shooting endangered animals when it could. The droid is independant now, hanging around the outer rim and working as a blaster for hire. I advise people to steer clear of this bot, as its got plans to be the next IG-88, and it has no problem vaping any organic meatbag that gets in its way.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:18 pm
Entry No: 5346
Subject: A-Wing fighter

The A-Wing has weak shields, a thin hull, and can take about as much damage as a twig. But damn, she is a fast ship, even capable of outrunning a squint (tie interceptor)! In fact, it's the fastest fighter the New Republic has to offer. This is thanks to the two tremendous Novaldex J-77 "Event Horizon" engines, crammed into a tiny, low-mass wedge shape.

I probably don't have to remind you that it was an A-Wing that destroyed the Executor in a kind of kamikaze attack at the battle of Endor. It was originally envisioned as an escort fighter, but it was soon discovered that "hit and run" attacks suited it far better. When it hits, it may not pack as much of a punch as its X-Wing, or especially its B-Wing cousins, but it still can get the job done. Individually powered, rotating laser cannons can fire at anything in the pilot's field of view, which, on the raised-canopy A-Wing, is considerable. Two concussion missile launchers complete the armaments of the fighter.

However, as I said before, shields and hull strength are minimal, so even a glancing hit, if it breaks through the shields, can cause major damage. That leads to the first mod tip: make the fighter a little longer and higher. This allows for more room to add armor and increases payload capacity. Upgrade the shields to, say, a chempat, while your at it, and take advantage of the extra length to expand the engines. This all increases the mass, but the expanded engines should compensate. Thicken the canopy a bit, make it a little smaller to lessen its profile, and enlargen the area to mount the shield generator.

That's really all you can do to this wonderful machine without making it slower or changing its operating capacity. It may not be very well armed, but it is one of the fastest ships in the galaxy, and its speed can serve a good pilot very well.  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:34 pm
Entry No: 846842
Subject: Flying Paragraphs
Capsule:
User Image
Some wierd occurances happen in the galaxy, but some of the oddest involves what is known most commonly as "Flying Intro" or "flying paragraphs." These massive letters form comprehendable words, sentences, and paragraphs, and float mysteriously throughout the galaxy.

Few travelers have seen these elusive beings, which has led to myth being made about them. However, all agree on one point. The paragraphs have been around since the beginning of the universe, and prophesize events to come.

Boldy written in yellow, the letters may range in size anywhere from a light frigate to an Imperial Star Destroyer. Moreso, they seem to commonly appear right above a planet or space station right before a ship enters the space of that planet or space station.

The Outlaw's Guide to the Galaxy suggests that if you do encounter these paragraphs, please take a hangover pill.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff