View Results

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:28 am
Twack
My box is so much better then that talk2hand
I've got a Skechers shoe box oh Gettolishous your jelous and you know it

No but really thats an awsome box i envy you

I have two shoe boxes I use for transfering my altar supplies in a move. One's from WalMart, the other's from Pay Less. blaugh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:49 pm
My altar is on wheels. It got packed up when my grandfather was visiting, and using my room, and I don't know if I want to put it up again. I don't use it much, and then I feel guilty when it collects dust.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:49 pm
That chest is GOREGEOUS!! I've seen similar ones before (my friend has one in her hallway, and my aunt and uncle have one too) but everytime is see them, I can't help but think about how beautiful they are! That was definitely a good buy for $100. I never thought about yard sales or ebay for magic items, thanks for the tip! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:55 pm
Rioto_Kish
That chest is GOREGEOUS!! I've seen similar ones before (my friend has one in her hallway, and my aunt and uncle have one too) but everytime is see them, I can't help but think about how beautiful they are! That was definitely a good buy for $100. I never thought about yard sales or ebay for magic items, thanks for the tip! blaugh

No problem. If being in university has taught me anything it's that cheap things rock, and second hand is sometimes the best way to go.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Lila Malvae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:51 pm
I recently set up my altar space because I realized how badly I needed one to remind me of my priorities.

I put it in a corner of my bedroom, vacuumed the carpet, set down a cheapo rug we had sitting around. I bought the altar at Goodwill... in its last life it was a tv tray, which I bought for a dollar. I covered it with two large strips of extra fabric I had from previous crafty endeavors. I grabbed a box used to organize note cards and put it on top, beside a small wicker basket filled with dried flowers. I placed a long mirror behind the altar to give it an illusion of space and to deflect negativity...
The white taper candles I got for a dollar at a dollar store. I have two items to hold oil-- one is a terra cotta diffuser I got for 5 bucks, and the other I bought in Chicago at the Egypt store right outside of the King Tut exhibit.... I think I got the handblown glass vial for twelve dollars. That one is empty waiting for me to fill it with some sandalwood oil I'll probably get at the natural food store for cheaper than the other places in town.
One candleholder I bought at a garage sale for very cheap, the other at the dollar store.
I mixed the oil used to annoint my tapers myself... Olive oil and eucalyptus with some fresh rose petals mixed in. Mixing it reserves some of the more expensive oils.
Sea salt was bought at the grocery store. I also have a small vase for fresh flowers.

Very cheap, it will probably improve when I get more money.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:16 pm

My, my, that is a gorgeous chest indeed! And what a buy -- you should be proud. 4laugh

As for tools, I'm more of what I call a 'pocketbook' witch, meaning I do more studying, reading, writing, and such than actual spellwork, or anything material. Also living in a Christian household makes things a little more difficult than usual. I probably should come out of my shell a bit more, though.

As for tools, I don't have any aside from a few candles and stones -- obsidian in a pair of earrngs, cat's eye in the form of a small tiger, and two small chunks of amythest.

Question: Do creme-colored candles have any specific meaning or relevance, or are they simply referred to as white?

()() ()()
( . .) (. . )
O('')('') ('')('')O

Childhood Dreams

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items