Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
Gaia In Aussie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you want to see gaia come to Australia?
  Yeah
  meh...
  not really
View Results

Ozumou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:56 am
I am with DNA on this...

but I think when you belong to a minority you get pretty passionate about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:24 am
Ros!e
nrasjaa
it's gaia

like why would you waste real money on gaian items??

I agree.
There's alot more better stuff to buy with real money.
I don't even donate Dx

Most Australians arn't in to anime, including me.
So they wouldn't come.

A lot of them are though...so perhaps all those anime nerds (Sorry guys, you know I love you) will gather and gaia will come...
eh, personally I'm not fussed either way.

ethuil

Daisy Mai - 128K

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:30 am
YEAH! GOD. No one gives a rats about AUSSIE land. More recognition I say... well not too much cause I hate it when things become too popular and everyone talks about it to death.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:02 am
Ros!e
DNA_Guru
Whn you say 'most' I do think you're generalising about the people that you know. There are quite a few people who like it, I couldn't vouch for that many but the various conferences here seem to get a relatively high attendance so I'd say it's pretty popular.

most.
definition = majority. A generalisation
Can I say 'duh' that it's a generalisation? Which is exactly what I meant.
Because dare I say all the people into anime in Aus are actually teenagers / young adults, rather then the wider target audience it gets in places such as japan.
Therefore less people.
And even a majority (oh my, another generalisation?) of teenagers / young adults consider anime 'geeky' and a minority group of a school, learning institution or workplace enjoy it.
In my experience.
Do I really need a disclaimer? -_-

edit; conferences in large cities where there is a large population so even if a minority meets it can seem like a high attendance. If you tried to hold one where I live, I'm sure 5 people would turn up.

i like this gal, she gots brains and balls 3nodding  

nrasjaa

ethuil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:51 pm
nrasjaa
Ros!e
DNA_Guru
Whn you say 'most' I do think you're generalising about the people that you know. There are quite a few people who like it, I couldn't vouch for that many but the various conferences here seem to get a relatively high attendance so I'd say it's pretty popular.

most.
definition = majority. A generalisation
Can I say 'duh' that it's a generalisation? Which is exactly what I meant.
Because dare I say all the people into anime in Aus are actually teenagers / young adults, rather then the wider target audience it gets in places such as japan.
Therefore less people.
And even a majority (oh my, another generalisation?) of teenagers / young adults consider anime 'geeky' and a minority group of a school, learning institution or workplace enjoy it.
In my experience.
Do I really need a disclaimer? -_-

edit; conferences in large cities where there is a large population so even if a minority meets it can seem like a high attendance. If you tried to hold one where I live, I'm sure 5 people would turn up.

i like this gal, she gots brains and balls 3nodding

Agree!

Well said Ros!e!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:51 pm
nrasjaa
it's gaia

I'm actually going to be buying the AFK hat. *gasp* Oh my god, I guess that means I'll be spending real money on a Gaian Item.

The reason I do it is becuase I want to help support the website. I don't care where they do their conventions, it's a matter of my enjoying what the site offers me and I want to keep it going. Besides, some of the things they have (shirts and hats, for example) are cute and you can't find them in stores.

Sure, there's plenty of stuff I could spend my money on, but what it comes down it is that it's a personal choice what anyone buys with their hard earned cash and no-one has the right to say jack about or against it.  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

[clowns.will.eat.me]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:54 am
I wish It would come to Australia but nobody gives a damn what Australia thinks. I wish it did though because all of my friends think that Gaia is gay man's rubbish, they think Habbo Hotel is better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:07 am
WellzY
Truthfully, I could not care less.

Even if they did come down, I probably wouldn't go.

zonic69

S P a M

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:33 am
i wanna buy the GAIA Online Kiki Kitty Plushie but i dont have a credit card !
and i would also like the donation items too  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:50 pm
[clowns.will.eat.me]
I wish It would come to Australia but nobody gives a damn what Australia thinks. I wish it did though because all of my friends think that Gaia is gay man's rubbish, they think Habbo Hotel is better.

I agree with pretty much everyones oppinion! Habbo Hotel blows btw.

Just thought Id give my input, not sure if anyof you care but still.  

orangestripedcat

goddess_tyche

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:49 am
BeMuled MissBeth
nrasjaa
it's gaia

I'm actually going to be buying the AFK hat. *gasp* Oh my god, I guess that means I'll be spending real money on a Gaian Item.

The reason I do it is becuase I want to help support the website. I don't care where they do their conventions, it's a matter of my enjoying what the site offers me and I want to keep it going. Besides, some of the things they have (shirts and hats, for example) are cute and you can't find them in stores.

Sure, there's plenty of stuff I could spend my money on, but what it comes down it is that it's a personal choice what anyone buys with their hard earned cash and no-one has the right to say jack about or against it.

Yeah, I'd like it to come to Australia, or least sell their items in Australia. I refuse to buy things off the internet, so though there are some items that I might buy were they in a store here, I won't get them.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:20 am
Would be nice but a tour all the way out here would cost a fair bit and the fan base isn't the biggest. Where would they stop? There wouldn't be much point going everywhere when people probably won't travel that far just for them?

kixsy

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:26 am
Lets do our own Gia tour. Encourage people to dress up as their avatars and we can get together to play poker or jigsaw or something!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:43 am
aha that would be so cute omg that sounds fun xd  

kixsy

b r a x t a s t i c

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:29 am
I couldn't care less if they came to Australia. Personally, I believe that as Gaia is an American dominated site, they should stick with America. There's plenty of smaller, Australian dominated and owned avi sites around, like Chini =3  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff