Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
The sims 3?!?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bayouangelgirl

Mystical Guildswoman

8,425 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:20 pm
AnnoyingEvil1
Late Shift
I hope there is a Sims 3. While I love the game there are many things that can be improved upon. I also hope that they continue to speak Sim'ish', as I think speaking any other language would kill the game. At least for me.

It wouldn't hurt me too bad, I keep my sound low or off.

But I like them speaking simlish, it's a special part of the game.
yeah I love trying to mimic them 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:18 pm
If there were a Sims 3, I hope they would make it so that in CAS, we could alter the size/look of the Sims' bodies, instead of just the face.

However, I doubt there will ever be a Sims 3. I mean.....what exactly is there to improve? Sure, there are things that need improving, but it's nothing an expansion pack wouldn't help.

I mean, from Sims 1 to Sims 2, there were DRAMATIC changes. The idea of having a Sims 3 doesn't sound that way.

And I like simlish rather than actual languages. For some reason, having English, or any other type of language would seem rather cheesey.

I mean, what would they say?  

Newly Appointed Secretary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:24 pm
cottonkandynb
Late Shift
I hope there is a Sims 3. While I love the game there are many things that can be improved upon. I also hope that they continue to speak Sim'ish', as I think speaking any other language would kill the game. At least for me.

Me too! Not knowing what they are saying is the whole fun of it! (besides the pictures in the bubbles) I just want a sims thats like the first one... not so 3D. Sorry, I just hate that it takes so long to load... at least on my computer it does... all the graphics... I'm very impatient.

I don't know, but I didn't really like the atmosphere of The Sims 1. I hated how daytime and nighttime didn't really "feel" like daytime or nighttime.

The Sims 2 actually makes me feel like it's that certain time of day, and literally, like I'm in the room with these people.

But I must admit that to this day, The Sims 1 brings back good memories.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:37 pm
With all the money the Sims 2 is making now, there'll most likely be a Sims 3.

And that would be SO COOL. I mean, look at the improvements they made between the Sims 1 and the Sims 2. If there is the same level of improvement from the Sims 2 to the Sims 3 then... wow eek  

miname_sohma

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:25 pm
If there were a Sims 3, I hope they would make it so that in CAS, we could alter the size/look of the Sims' bodies, instead of just the face.

However, I doubt there will ever be a Sims 3. I mean.....what exactly is there to improve? Sure, there are things that need improving, but it's nothing an expansion pack wouldn't help.

I mean, from Sims 1 to Sims 2, there were DRAMATIC changes. The idea of having a Sims 3 doesn't sound that way.

And I like simlish rather than actual languages. For some reason, having English, or any other type of language would seem rather cheesey.

♠ Other than having graphics like from Final Fantasy, there would be different things such as a new dialect (sp?) of simlish, we could get sims with different heights, etc. There are probably other things that Maxis has come up with for the base of TS3, such as Cars, Pets and elevators. Not to mention that hopefully, it would be a hella lot easier to make hacks and custom content and stuff like that. ♠  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:08 pm
Sims 3 would be amazing if the Sims were made to grow up naturally - as in, without just "poofing" into a new stage after a certain number of days.

They would change gradually. Their hair would grow. There'd be way more bodytypes..

That's the only thing I think is really missing from the game. 4laugh  

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

roxxey21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:51 pm
i luv sim 2!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:41 pm
There won't be a sims 3 until the sims 2 stops making money  

285Simcoe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:57 am
Evil_Twin_V1.337

♠ Other than having graphics like from Final Fantasy, there would be different things such as a new dialect (sp?) of simlish, we could get sims with different heights, etc. There are probably other things that Maxis has come up with for the base of TS3, such as Cars, Pets and elevators. Not to mention that hopefully, it would be a hella lot easier to make hacks and custom content and stuff like that. ♠

I like the idea of changing heights for Sims.

Is it just me, or do female sims seem more taller than male sims in TS2?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:33 pm
If there was a Sims 3, they'd probably add an option for the language, like they do in DVDs. It'd be pretty cool.  

[TL]

sairandipity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:50 am
the sims will never speak english, because maxis would have to make all these different versions with all the languages for all the countries that play the sims.. and a hundred times more sound clips to make it not boring...
anyway, simlish is a key part of the game, i love trying to decifer what they're saying... whee
but i think that TS3 is a very long way off, we're only just getting XP 4 *PETS!!! SQUEEEE!!!*
oh and newly appointed secretary?
there are LOTS of things that need to be improved, not by XPs...
growing up, body tyes, graphics, building options, lifestyles, etc. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:49 am

I like the idea of changing heights for Sims.

Is it just me, or do female sims seem more taller than male sims in TS2?

I was thinking that too!

But Sims speaking English? That sounds awful, it would get too repetitive, as I don't see them using too many phrases, and it would bulk up the installation considerably.

I agree with the adjust of bodies, just the face is kind of limited.

Also, although this is a very GAIA thing, but what about tattoos? I haven't got any EPs though so I might be forgetting an EP which has that function.  

Paine Fury

7,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items