Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is anyone into magic?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:29 pm
I agree with Ndoki alot. Pray is actually a form of magic, but, (I'm glossing over things due to time) its not very effective, as few people who pray have enough of a connection/understanding/relationship to god, a/their god, for the prayers to have much attention drawn to them.

Will power and/or concentration can also have 'magical' effects, debatably anyways.

P.S. The God and Goddess do have names, not just that, and not just the ones you give them, they have their own names.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:38 pm
I practice Wicca.  

anime_freak777

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:53 am
I have problems with all religions, to varying degrees, but I'll try to leave that out of this post.

With Wicca, I only think that some important things are glossed over, but its actually decent considering alot. I just hate the lesbian feminist pride Wiccans. Not that pride is bad, but dammit, the extremists piss me off.

Things I noticed most people are inept about, you shadow, and higher selves, journying to the upper and lower worlds (not just the other plains), and understanding 'bad' magic. Then theirs the thing with 'drugs', alcohol is totally bad for magic, but certain plant things are debatable.

I also find most people don't have much knowledge of their spirit guides, totem animal(s), and talking to plant and rock/mineral spirits, and the (spirit) medicine from them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:48 am
Interesting thing, the majority of wiccans are actually men. The 'lesbian extremists' are that way because of their personal ways, not the religion.  

Ndoki

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:03 pm
Proud Wiccan heart

I know a bit about magick. I'm definately more of the divination-type than the clarvoyant-type...the latter's my mom's area of expertise. But give me a deck of tarot cards, a crystal ball, and some voodoo dolls and I am all set!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:04 pm
Ndoki
Interesting thing, the majority of wiccans are actually men.

Now where did you read that? Wicca seems to me a more feminine religion, taking into account the whole "five is the magick number" thing (representing the five stages of womanhood). Oh well, I suppose that metaphor isn't apparent in all branches of Wicca and that's okay.  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

Ndoki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:37 am
And yet the one to bring wicca back was a man. Also I have always learned that the five pointed star does represent females, but the six pointed version represents males. On top of that there is both a majpr male and female figure. Either way, being a feminin-oriented religion (I don't believe that but for arguments sake) wouldn't mean men don't join. Many say christianity is male-oriented, yet many women are christian. As for where I got that fact... I believe it was Raymond Buckland's complete guide to witchcraft. I could be wrong though. Either way it's beside the point. I may be wiccan but I am personally against the use of magic. Changing around energies would mean disrupting what was meant to be for one's own personal reasons.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:48 am
....indifferent  

Fux this account

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:02 pm
Personally I prefer parapsychology. I like to have scientific explinations for the odd things that happen. When you know exactly how something works, it becomes that much easier to manipulate.
Don't speculate, research. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:09 pm
SarahArden
Ndoki
Interesting thing, the majority of wiccans are actually men.

Now where did you read that? Wicca seems to me a more feminine religion, taking into account the whole "five is the magick number" thing (representing the five stages of womanhood). Oh well, I suppose that metaphor isn't apparent in all branches of Wicca and that's okay.

I didn't know that.but 6 is magick too...???too confused.  

Kamadev

vampyre_smiles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:26 pm
I drain/manipulate life force... I'm preternatural, but definately not Wiccan.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:18 am
I just started to learn how to read tarot cards, and I have just officially taken Wicca as my life. A lot of my family on my dad's side are Wiccans.  

heartbrokenangel21

Lord Blade Icestorm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:54 am
I practice some magic, but since I moved out of my parents house I have access to my mothers spell books. I practice being a wicca, and I am very proud of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Im a wiccan I'll give you a site to assit you

http://wiccan.altar.mywap.02.co.uk  

Hunter of the Dammed

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:10 pm
vampyre_smiles
I drain/manipulate life force... I'm preternatural, but definately not Wiccan.

First time Ive haerd that one  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces