Misconseptions Suck.
  Word. 8D
  :nods:
  ...and you are?
View Results

Black_Widow_EmiLee_Rose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:36 pm
GilAskan
First, "stereotype" is one word, not two.

Second, there are already quite a few stereotype threads available.

I stand corrected, thanks for clearing that up for me stare  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:05 pm
fools_love
i know one is "goths worship satan" totally not true
I hate that. whee  

berserk_dragon

Dapper Dabbler

Strzyga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:14 pm
sleeping in coffins, drinking blood, believing in being a vampires,... I always associate with film "Vampire Kiss" with Nicholas Cage and the scene in toilet when he doesn't see his reflection in the mirror..."-Where I am?! Oh, where I am?!! -Shut up, you're in toilet!" it's called as schisophrenia twisted

I hate when they call us satanist and so on
and try to convert us... mad

and understanding Gothic as something wring, like an illness which should be healed...in many movies where appears Goth at the end he/she becomes 'normal' like Lydia in Beetlejuice stare (although I like this film very much)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:36 pm
The Vampire Vivian
and understanding Gothic as something wring, like an illness which should be healed...in many movies where appears Goth at the end he/she becomes 'normal' like Lydia in Beetlejuice stare (although I like this film very much)

Lydia in "Beetle Juice".
Violet Parr in "The Incredibles".
Allison in "The Breakfast Club".

It regularly happens in movies.  

GilAskan
Crew

DepartedDearly

Dapper Survivor

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:17 pm
I do hate the "goths worship satan" s**t but I do not believe in god either,how could you believe in god when my church says that same sex marriages or intercourse is a sin when I'm bi so it's a double edged sword for me because them everyone is all like "you do too worship satan!!!you don't believe in god!!! -le gasp-". Yes Vampire Kisses is very stereotypical,I hated that,but then of course some would call me stereotypical but I really don't care,I'm me,I love black,I love my combat boots,I love death metal,metal and a bit of rock,I LOVE vampires and witchcraft,I like gore,any kind of gore,I hate pink,my hair is very very short and black(dyed though I might change it to red),sometimes I wear black lip stick,I wear eyeliner and make decorations with it just below my eye,I have skull stalkings...but I love all that about me,I was raised that way,my mom loves dragons,she loves most of the things I love. But we are not always depressed,we make jokes about preps and the girl from across the street,we just act like ourselves  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:04 am
punk_rock_goddess21
[+Tsuki_Hime+]
The book, 'Vampire Kisses' is an amazingly well written novel with a sequal called 'Kissing Coffins, and also a third novel. [One of which I don't know the name of.]

Anyway, the main character is your stereotypical Goth. It really pissed me off, because the author portreyed Goth's in a very stereotypical way. [Repetitive, sorry.] I can't even remember the main character's name, but she was CONSTANTLY wearing black, was always thinking about death and grunge metal... Hellloooo~

That.
Is.
Not.
Gothic.

The authoress made her seem like a complete poser and it just pissed me off to no end. Me and the rest of my Gothy friends read it, and we agreed the character gave the Gothic culture a bad name. Sure, she was a cool character and all, but come on! Make her more realistic, you know?

Because it's not a culture where wearing black is what gets you in. [Though it helps.] Gothic is more of a state of mind. That's how I see it. Though, through the years, the style considered as 'Gothic' has evolved in many ways; through music, clothing, attitudes, stereotypes...

I'm a more classic person, who believes that to be Gothic, you have to have the heart of a Goth.

=D

Anyway, end rant.

3: Vampiresville
hasnt come out yet

I enjoy the books, but I agree. She makes that being gothic means u have to have combat boots, black sunglasses & wear them all the time, & u have to wear black lipstick all the time
but the thing that made me really mad about those books, they called bats blind! They arent blind! xp

Ah! :bows: Thank you. I have to go get it then when it does come out. ^.^

I also enjoy the books. Don't get me wrong, she's a GREAT authoress, but... well, I've given my rant on this already. And combat boots... ARE SO EXPENSIVE! I have a pair, but my friend's sister gave them to me. >.> Meh, and I hate sunglasses. I don't even go outside enough to wear them! [Admittedly, I do wear black lipstick a lot. ...just not around my mom. ^^;;] Anyway, so we're in agreement.

P o o c h i e

P o o c h i e

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:07 am
GilAskan
The Vampire Vivian

Lydia in "Beetle Juice".

Meep! I <3 Allison. The Breakfast Club is an AWESOME movie. And I love Beetle Juice. I love Lydia, and her character... though how come I don't remember her dressing normal all of a sudden at the end? :/

I don't see Gothicism as an illness-- I see it more as a way of living. It's something you have inside you. I also don't believe in calling people posers; it's rude and disrespectful. Everyone just tries out different things to see what they like. Doesn't mean they're posers, and it doesn't mean they're not.

[On a random note-- I thought that Violet was more of a drama nerd, rather than a Goth. But then again I've only seen 'The Incredibles' once. xD]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:54 pm
This has been said, but not together..
All goths wear black, and all who wear black are goths.
baloney.

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

DehShadow-ness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:09 pm
GilAskan
Fine, I'll contribute:

"Goths are druggies"
"Goths are morons"
"Goths are dropouts"
"Goth is a phase"
"Goths must wear black & white makeup"
"Goths worship Satan"
"Goths are atheist"
"Goths have no emotions"
"Goths never laugh, unless making fun of others"
"Goths are elitests"
"Goths listen to Marilyn Manson"
"Goths listen to Evanescence"
"Goths listen to koRn"
"Goths worship Marilyn Manson"
"Goths MUST wear black"
"Goths only wear black"
"Goths worship crows"
"Goths love the movie "The Crow" "
"Goths only listen to black metal"
"Goths are Neo-Nazis"
"Goths are white nationalists/supremists"
"Goths are skinheads who wear make-up"
"Goths are emo punks"
"Goths are hardcore emos"
"Goths are emos who want to kill others rather than themselves"
"Goths are violent"
"Goths are gay/bisexual"
"Goths think that they're vampires"
"Goths sleep in coffins"
"Goths drink blood"
"Goths preform cult rituals"
"Goths are freaks"
"Goths can't be Christian"

I could add more, but am too lazy.

wow thats a lot. i hate that thou. i mean my god. there are like so many different kinds of goths out there. my so called best friend who now is my ex best friend said i wasnt gothic b.c i didnt were those baggy black pants with the chains on them and not all my clothes were black. and plus my mother wont allow those pants in her house so im stuck with jeans. there are also the ones that are like "they all think their demonic and evil" not all of us thank you.. maybe at times. grrrness. i hate people who do that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:22 pm
When I was younger, I cut myself, worshipped satan, listened to deicide, hated authority, wore black huge clothes, long a** hair, converse, wrote anarchy and pentagrams everywhere, told people I was bisexual, and bipolar, and all kinds of other crazy, all that good crap. My left arm and chest are like one solid scar. Yeah...one (I'm crazy). I was the stereotype. But I didn't know it. I just thought I was a kickass little kid. Then I grew up...I wear clothes within 4 sizes, I'm a christian now, I'm over the whole "life sucks and it matters" thing (I know now that it doesn't matter), I wear all kinds of clothes (although over 50% of my clothes are still black). People now bounce between thinking I'm a niggerish preppy boy and thinking I'm a neonazi (alright...so I am). When in reality, I'm ten times more hardcore goth than I ever was, and time and time again I have to get all crazy saucy up in a b***h because some little manson f*****t won't give me props because gothic metal SUCKS and I'm tired of wearing boots and combing my hair. Stereotypes and be annoying both ways. I prefer to simply run around being random so much that they can't get a bead on me long enough to judge. But let me tell you...I am goth. I am whiteboy. and I WILL KILL YOU MOTHER ******** SHEEPLE! I am not one of the black sheep, I am the very pigment of their blackness. RAWK!

I realize this is kind of jumbled, so I underlined the stereotypes I hate since that's the prerequisite to posting here.  

Taconius

Taconius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:29 pm
GilAskan
The Vampire Vivian

Lydia in "Beetle Juice".

Yeah, it's pretty easy to use Gothic behaviour as a metaphor of depression. I mean come on...I don't even know how to explain it in any intelligent way. Black clothes, heavy music, obsession with death...A stereotypical goth is a stereotypical anyone else if they get depressed enough.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:29 am
People as a whole are ignorant and fear change and what they dont understand xD  

XxBloodyXWristxX

Getsukodomo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:01 am
I hate most all of the steriotypes listed, so I won't repeat them all sweatdrop

But what I hate most isn't really a steriotype. Its when people call you goth or emo when you really aren't(I'm not ninja ). I mean, i'll be wearing a black and gray striped v-neck tee-shirt, black converse and demin shorts and be called gothic or emo. People really need to learn not only that if you dress "gothic" that doesn't make you automatically goth, but what gothic dress is.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:16 am
Someone told me that you have to have killed someone to be goth...I beat that kid up on many occations after that.

Someone called me a poser because I'm on the swim team. I want to beat him up but I don't know where he lives.

Someone said that I wasn't gothic because I wore blue jeans one day. I beat him up. (that was the same one as the first person his name is andrew, I beat him up alot).  

Soviet Reunion

DepartedDearly

Dapper Survivor

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:09 pm
Getsukodomo
I hate most all of the steriotypes listed, so I won't repeat them all sweatdrop

But what I hate most isn't really a steriotype. Its when people call you goth or emo when you really aren't(I'm not ninja ). I mean, i'll be wearing a black and gray striped v-neck tee-shirt, black converse and demin shorts and be called gothic or emo. People really need to learn not only that if you dress "gothic" that doesn't make you automatically goth, but what gothic dress is.

I do agree with you,just because I wear that stuff doesn't automatically make me goth,and when I wear me green pjs outside everyone is all like "your a yuppie!!!" *le gasp* but I just like to wear what I do and make decorations with my eyeliner....I someday want to be a fashion artist,or a photographer,and this...everything is my inspiration....I am my own inspiration to try new things,be different,be someone besides the girl that carries the popular girls books. (A sad but true story where I was the slave of the bitches and jocks,then one day I couldn't take it and instead of answering my phone in the morning so my so called friends could tell me what to wear which was mostly pink I wore black....yeah it's strange but I love it.)  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff