View Results

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:13 am
Ah gotta love those comics biggrin Sucks about having to put them somewhere else though.
Makes me wish I'd put some on my binders when I was back at school now xd

*goes back to saving all of them to her pc* >.>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:29 pm
blindfaith^_^
Twack
please just chill im not trying to start an argument and that coment was just to be funny to and yes holy water dose taste bad it's stale, i drank a bottle of it to prove to a friend i wasnt evil, long story,The point of the comics on my binder was to make me stay in a good mood. and it wasn't that i wanted to give him s**t becase of his religon its what the shirt implied that i had talked to satan which ticks me off.

I am plenty calm. What you do and don't do really isn't my business its up to you and your parents.

However, I would disagree about you trying to start an arguement. You must be aware of how Anti-Christian the comics come off, not to say they aren't funny, because they do make me laugh, just I wouldn't throw them out there next to my "Pagan and Proud" sticker as a representation of me and my beliefs. People will react badly and while this does not mean one should immediately not do something, one does have to stop and look at why. If to you the reasoning is stupid thats fine, but know that when you gather others thoughts some of them are destined to be different.

As far as joking, you can see even in a pagan "community" where the majority of us aren't Christian we can not tell (partly from the lack of tone on the interenet) whether or not you are joking and that the combination of the comics and the seemingly Anti-Christian senitments makes you come off looking prejudice. Not to say you are because I's sure that's neither your intention or truth, but is that the image of yourself you want strangers or people who barely know you to walk away with?
ok i get you know, i thought you were being upidy like some other people who replyed to my posts  

MOD66

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:37 pm
Twack
ok i get you know, i thought you were being upidy like some other people who replyed to my posts

Dig noted. stare Sorry, but I'm going to call 'em as I see 'em when asked for my opinion. Unfortunately, my opinion's run contrary to popular sentiment.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:09 am
Ok I see nothing wrong with any of the comics. They could be taken offensively, but are not the best to use at school though. The last one actually portrays religious tollerance and shows that the street goes both ways. They're made in good humor and frankly its not making cracks at christianity. Its making a crack at the kind of people who think we eat babies, sacrife cows and get paid by the devil. The whole intent of the comic is to bring to light the humor that people think that we do that sort of thing. Personally i think they were a good laugh. I don't see how this is such a big deal though. Comics are made to joke at ourselves like this one they posted.

User Image
Its not just one group that gets laughed at. Its some of ourselves too. as far as saying putting these on is prejudice, I can't agree. They do not give off any vibes like that and frankly I have a few christan friends who laughed thier a** off at them because they know people just like the ones who stand outside the stores and such warning that satan's numbers on the recipt. So all in all thats my 2 cents 25 cents on the matter.  

FireonYce
Vice Captain

Jeering Lunatic

14,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:19 pm
Gypsy Blue
Twack

Dig noted. stare Sorry, but I'm going to call 'em as I see 'em when asked for my opinion. Unfortunately, my opinion's run contrary to popular sentiment.
no no not you from another guild its all cool i don't mind your post others were just in my face and annyoing  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:16 pm
Twack
no no not you from another guild its all cool i don't mind your post others were just in my face and annyoing

Lol the people over at the rehab can be intense ^_^ Got to love them though.

To note though, they did state the same thing I did. The real difference I think is the age gap. You're younger and most of them are in their 20s and up. While I'm 20, I am newer to paganism and remember my own teenage blunders and thoughts, so I just think I am in more of a position to explain the senitment in a way with less hostility.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

DR490N

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:37 pm
That was a bit harsh....  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:35 pm
Twack
Gypsy Blue
Twack

You should probably mention details like that when ranting. blaugh  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Feryal Riska

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:34 am
I told my dad about the bumper-sticker like comments, like the Asatru: Burning and Pillaging since before Microsoft. He loves some of em, but he says he's heard most of the jokes before.
So, I'm sure it's safe to say my parents wouldn't mind...
..maybe, ye know, keep your binders out of parental sightings? if that's possible.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:23 pm
Feryal Riska
I told my dad about the bumper-sticker like comments, like the Asatru: Burning and Pillaging since before Microsoft. He loves some of em, but he says he's heard most of the jokes before.
So, I'm sure it's safe to say my parents wouldn't mind...
..maybe, ye know, keep your binders out of parental sightings? if that's possible.
nah, they see them almost every day sweatdrop  

MOD66

Naomi Tinuveil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:15 am
They're all amusing, but I really like the last one. 3nodding  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items