Is Australia going to hell?
  Yes
  No
  I just dont give a s***
View Results

The_Original_ChaCha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:42 am
saz06
some areas of sydney are like hell, like i will never ever go to mount druitt at night. but there are still alot of areas that are pretty good. But i think if we keep having things like the Cronulla riots then sydney will be like hell all together. and no1 will want to come here or live here.

Punchbowl and Lakemba are scarier. Especially at night. True there are good area's. But how long befor they are taken over by voilence?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:43 am
kangtongwokestar
bump

you provide a good point. But we cant just bumpo the issue, we have to stand up for what we believe in.

xd  

The_Original_ChaCha

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:46 am
The social conditions in cities tend to decrease as the size and/or density of the city increases.

I have no scientific grounding for that, but I think a lot of people can safely assume it's generally true, and with Sydney being the largest of Australis cities, you can assume it's not going to be the nicest. Granted, it's not going to be terrible throughout, and it is what you make of it, but people just accept it as it is, for the most part anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:57 am
WellzY
The social conditions in cities tend to decrease as the size and/or density of the city increases.

I have no scientific grounding for that, but I think a lot of people can safely assume it's generally true, and with Sydney being the largest of Australis cities, you can assume it's not going to be the nicest. Granted, it's not going to be terrible throughout, and it is what you make of it, but people just accept it as it is, for the most part anyway.

Once again, a smart person proves that we can see what is happening around us. The wuestion is, can we save ourselves befor its to late?  

The_Original_ChaCha

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:00 am
lika_the_chacha
WellzY

Once again, a smart person proves that we can see what is happening around us. The wuestion is, can we save ourselves befor its to late?

It's not too late, because there is no end when everything just all of a sudden goes to hell.

The idea of a worsening society has been around for ages, and yet we still go on.

I don't think you can stop it, you just gotta ride it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:04 am
WellzY
lika_the_chacha
WellzY

It's not too late, because there is no end when everything just all of a sudden goes to hell.

The idea of a worsening society has been around for ages, and yet we still go on.

I don't think you can stop it, you just gotta ride it. 3nodding

Thats a dangerous ride. A lot of innocent people have lost thier lives on that ride. And its only a matter of time befor someone i care about is on the news.

The idea has been there, but its our generation that is turning that idea into reality.  

The_Original_ChaCha

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 am
Naww, I dissagree. To do that, you'd practically have to controll everyone's move, and although that's getting gradually more and more possible, it'll never happen.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:24 am
WellzY
Naww, I dissagree. To do that, you'd practically have to controll everyone's move, and although that's getting gradually more and more possible, it'll never happen.

I know, but its hard to believe tht we cant just let go of our hate.  

The_Original_ChaCha

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:14 am
lika_the_chacha
WellzY

I know, but its hard to believe tht we cant just let go of our hate.

Unfortunately, it's just part of our humanity.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:16 pm
Just for Melbourne........ In the past ten years it changes a lot!!! Now got much more cars, ppl arent as friendly as 10 years ago and more racism then before. But overall, I still love melbourne a lot a lot! 3nodding 3nodding A lovely place that I now call home! heart heart heart

I just dont want to have more cars or else melbourne will turn out like hong kong and singapore! sweatdrop  

Tulip

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:25 am
Tulip
Just for Melbourne........ In the past ten years it changes a lot!!! Now got much more cars, ppl arent as friendly as 10 years ago and more racism then before. But overall, I still love melbourne a lot a lot! 3nodding 3nodding A lovely place that I now call home! heart heart heart

I just dont want to have more cars or else melbourne will turn out like hong kong and singapore! sweatdrop

Melbourne has changed a lot, it's become more of a cultured place in a sense. The city centre used to be dead, but now it's a pretty thriving place.

I'm too young to remember much about the difference in car levels, though an increase wouldn't surprise me.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:36 am
WellzY

Melbourne has changed a lot, it's become more of a cultured place in a sense. The city centre used to be dead, but now it's a pretty thriving place.

I'm too young to remember much about the difference in car levels, though an increase wouldn't surprise me.

Yup, you are right, city centre used to be dead, not much ppl even during lunch time......

3nodding I feel about car level a lot cause my hubby used to driving around....... At 6 years ago, find parking at all the big shopping centre will be very extremely easy, now even non peak hours also hard to find parking~ sad redface  

Tulip

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:55 am
Tulip
WellzY

Yup, you are right, city centre used to be dead, not much ppl even during lunch time......

3nodding I feel about car level a lot cause my hubby used to driving around....... At 6 years ago, find parking at all the big shopping centre will be very extremely easy, now even non peak hours also hard to find parking~ sad redface

tulips i love you!! *hugs*

melbourne is nice, i liked it, it's sort of like brisbane but with more people and a skinnier river and it's colder. well i went in teh summer time and everyone was dying and i didn't realise it was hot untill everyone was started to complain sweatdrop

i had fun at the melbourne meet, must do another one!! *drools at the thougth of shoppin*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:50 pm
nrasjaa

tulips i love you!! *hugs*

melbourne is nice, i liked it, it's sort of like brisbane but with more people and a skinnier river and it's colder. well i went in teh summer time and everyone was dying and i didn't realise it was hot untill everyone was started to complain sweatdrop

i had fun at the melbourne meet, must do another one!! *drools at the thougth of shoppin*

nrasjaa i love you as well! *hugs* heart

Brisbane is very nice as well, I went there once few years ago, dont know whether it is more crowded now or not~ 3nodding biggrin I love melbourne cold weather as I hate hot a lot! crying gonk Summer time is really painful for me especially when the wheather hit 40c!

Hope can talk to you more, but hard to meet you~  

Tulip

stormavencore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:45 pm
To be honest, I came from the US, and Australia is like heaven compared to what I came from. I mean, the crime rate is incrediably low, and well, I don't have to be as afraid on the street at night.

I live in Parramatta, and every time my husband and I go into the city, even at night, it doesn't seem so bad. I love living here <3

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff