Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Freebie Land! Artists of All Skill Levels!

Back to Guilds

We allow all artists to improve their skills by drawing users in a friendly atmosphere 

Tags: Arts, Freebies, Art Freebies, Contests, Artists 

Reply Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)
[IDEAS? SUGGESTIONS? POST HERE!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NinjaXxEsque

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:26 pm
A sticky where people can ask for people to be invited. I nicked this idea from the 20,000 poll guild, but it is a good idea. ^_^

After people have been invited, the original post is deleted, and then the progress is on the original stickey ie.
Person 1: accepted
Person 2: accepted
Person 3: rejected
Person 4: unable to be sent.

etc.
Also, if you limit it to 10 people per post, then it should be easier to send.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:21 pm
I don't send out invitations, they come to us.
If someone wants to join, they can request to join.  

NuL-2
Vice Captain

dexpal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:22 pm
Soccer greg's idea was good, so why can't we try it?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:50 pm
Because that's a contest. We already have a fund for contests..and a soon to be thread.. it's not about gold you know.  

NuL-2
Vice Captain

Pheregames
Vice Captain

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:50 pm
I made a small anouncement in the Freebie Land: Art Mini Shops! (Sell your art here.), feel free to delete, or edit it around, I made it in a hurry.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:32 am
That's fine, thank you.  

NuL-2
Vice Captain

santas cumming

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:21 pm
require all artists to give at least 3 people free art after joining.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:43 pm
That dosn't make much sense, look how many artist threads there are? razz
People do it on their own anyways. I don't need to 'force' anyone to give freebies.  

NuL-2
Vice Captain

Kiligial_Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:31 pm
Just a quick Question:

How come it's called "Art Freebie Land" if there is a whole sub-forum for selling art? Shouldn't it ba called something like "The Gaian Art Guild~! Artists of all levels!" instead?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:08 pm

I think we should have a banner contest or an art selling contest between like..teams. Like have a sign-up list in the forums and have Red team versus Blue Team. Each team should have like 50 people on each, and the members on each team need to sell as many pictures by a deadline and then send the gold gathered from the sales to their team "captain." Whoever gathered the most gold for their team shall win..And the MVP on the winning team will get like.. a rare item?/event item?/donation item?

I think it would be fun :3

Kaurii LeFay

Romantic Firestarter

9,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300

NuL-2
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:50 pm
It's just the Guild's name. The main point of it it to give out freebies, and keep it's original name. The other sub forums are just for sides.

Contests - I think it would be fun to hold something like that, but it requires a lot of preparation and things. Too much work..  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:01 pm
[Quest thread]

[Volenteers for more work. The Find-an-artist thread doesn't get swamped or anything like that. And When they use the form, it makes it really easy for me. Red VS Blue team thing would be a good idea. Maybe have it more of an art related name? "Pencil Vs. Pen"? "Sketcheis Vs. Doodles"? Although we would clarify that we are NOT a sperated guild. And Yeah, I could supply a "rare" item I suppose >>*Cough another Letter Cough*
Have a double or nothing entry fee, ask for 102g entry fee and the winning team gets 200g, and the 2g per person goes to the guild for other contests or something?][Just ask]

[Art Request]

I'm really not sure yet. Let's reach our goal of 100k, then we can discuss contest stuff.

Understood  

Pheregames
Vice Captain

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150

NuL-2
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:41 pm
razz  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:45 pm
I hit edit instead of quote. <3
Anywho, that was a bit confusing. So, we'll just wait until we have the pure to work with.  

NuL-2
Vice Captain

Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games