Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I hate "t3h" and "teh" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fyrebrite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:54 pm
What I think is that some people think it's cool to write like that...

But all it does is make them look stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:32 am
The Jesus Bot
I hate that. It's the same ammount of letters, why can't they just spell stuff right? scream
Seriously. especially them saying "pwned" and stuff like that. It's just gay. Why don't they just type out their damn words. O.o;  

Swiftkill

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:06 am
One of my closest friends said "Teh Sexy" last week... aloud... in real life. I almost punched her. wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:36 am
What's with these fads? I believe "ishh" is starting to become one too. A girl on my bus keeps saying that instead of "is". You can imagine how many times I hear it everyday. gonk

It would sound really off if said out loud. A friend of mine uses every damn chatspeak "word" ever created including 'teh' and I still can't get used to it.

Kipluck
One of my closest friends said "Teh Sexy" last week... aloud... in real life. I almost punched her. wahmbulance

Haha. I would've punched her too. D:  

[shazz]

AnimeKoneko242

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:28 am
I guess it looks better than 'the'. A few people I know type pretty quickly and when the letters are reversed they just leave it. Others just think it's cute. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:30 am
dianersj
yeah apparently it's this big fad.. Teh Anime Bar, Or things like that, quite frankly i don't know what's up with that. It must be something really cool and clever that attracts all the ladies. XD

That must be it. 3nodding  

AnimeKoneko242

anime_freak777

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:26 pm
That gets on my nerves,too.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:17 pm
It's called a sarcastic representation of a common typographical error becoming mainstream, guys. God.

Seriously, though, I rather like "teh". Sounds better than "the" in my mind, especially the horribly lazy "ðə". I HATE that.  

The Man who was Thursday

Dystopia Lycanthropia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:40 pm
"T3h" I don't mind, simply because I am a regular in an amazing thread that was originally called "T3h Biggest Giveaway," a thread started by T3h Oriental King.
So, eh. That's the only reason that modified spelling of "the" doesn't bother me.

Sometimes I say "ish" instead of "is," "yesh" instead of "yes," and "meh" instead of "me." That's just me being strange.
whee

Swiftkill: And I think that using "gay" to describe something you do not like is ridiculous and immature. It also offends me, as I have several friends who are gay.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:09 am
Purely satanic.  

Silver and Silence

Dystopia Lycanthropia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:34 am
~Rei-Rei~
Purely satanic.

stressed
Okay, I am completely not a close-minded person. Though I'm Christian, I'm not uberly religious. I have read part of the Satanic Bible. It's interesting.
The point I'm trying to make is that I don't really like people using that as an insult, either. What if there were members of this guild who were Satanic? I'm sure they'd be highly offended.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:41 am
Actually, one of the little intentional-typos that least bothers me is teh etc. Always seemed to be rather harmless, especially coming intentionally from people who 'speak' well otherwise.  

[ Felidae ]

Aged Elocutionist

Zero J0ker

Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:02 pm
+_____/It's an [obsession] to last a lifetime, to save me from +_I N S A N I T Y_+

It does getting annoying after a while, even though, I admit, I used it for a little while, during the time when literacy wasn't my forte/preliminary concern. I'm willing to let it slide if the person who happens to let it slip is the kind of person who is normally fine, because a lot of my literate friends (and myself included) tend to type too quickly and mix up the letters once in a while. (I'm just skilled enough that I don't generally need to look at the keyboard while typing and can catch the little things before I finish off an entire paragraph.)

i love you; +_N O T H I N G ' S_+ like before...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:38 pm
I used "teh" or "t3h" occassionally. However when I'm typing in a forum such as this one I don't think its necessary. However, I don't see so much of a problem with it. The problem I have with people is not returning the same respect through actually typing their worlds fully and typing them correctly. "wut up" annoys me as does "how r u" and that kind of crap.
I'm sure you all feel the same?

Heoni

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas