Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
Swords, Daggers ,and other sharp and pointies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like sharp and pointies?
  Yes of cours you cant be in the sca if you dont
  no i must be banished from the sca T_T
  is that a trick question?
  *steals rum and runs*
View Results

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:38 pm
Rial k**e
Artimus_Twitch
haha
Ok this proves my point.. everyone in the sca has this same knife.
bottom row, second from the left.
I have it, I know like 1756900145 other people in the SCA who have it. its everywhere!

Also nice collection... I think you have as many as me.. maybe a little less.

4laugh Thats my SCA knife too ^.^

Yah I have a few more. One is a lovely rapier.

I have a rapier too... its not too pretty as I have it lent to one of my SCA sisters... and she obviously does not know how to take care of carbon steel. It was also second hand so kinda... worn in. Still nice though  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:19 pm
Artimus_Twitch
Rial k**e
Artimus_Twitch
haha
I have it, I know like 1756900145 other people in the SCA who have it. its everywhere!

4laugh Thats my SCA knife too ^.^

Yah I have a few more. One is a lovely rapier.

I have a rapier too... its not too pretty as I have it lent to one of my SCA sisters... and she obviously does not know how to take care of carbon steel. It was also second hand so kinda... worn in. Still nice though

I bought mine from my neighbor and it dosen't even have a sheath... but I still think its lovely.  

Felix OFlyn

Anghared Starwing

Generous Shapeshifter

6,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:40 am
I got my first knife when I was 5. Then a friend of the family who makes knives to sell made me one for my birthday when I was ten. biggrin He still sells at Pennsic. Knives, jewelry, spears...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:45 am
Rial k**e
Naito_Mitsukai
Rial k**e
User Image

*drools* eek eek

Thas not all either.... alas I had to back them all up today crying

I'm leaving for college Friday.

they are ALL sharp right?

I hate when people say "it's just for show" stare
"SACRILEGE!!!!" eek eek  

Naito_Mitsukai

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:47 am
Artimus_Twitch
haha

heh! Mine's prettier then THAT! blaugh also - probably sharper! biggrin biggrin

My dad gets bored sometimes - and will grab what ever knife comes to hand - and spend hours sharpening it infront of the TV twisted twisted

He rocks!! twisted I showed it off last event I was at - and I had some of the expirienced adults 'oo-ing' and 'aww-ing' and going 'HOLY CRAP THAT'S SHARP' twisted twisted twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:20 am
Naito_Mitsukai
Rial k**e
Naito_Mitsukai
Rial k**e
User Image

*drools* eek eek

Thas not all either.... alas I had to back them all up today crying

I'm leaving for college Friday.

they are ALL sharp right?

I hate when people say "it's just for show" stare
"SACRILEGE!!!!" eek eek

The only one that isn't shap is the one in the green sheeth, but thats because its about a quarter inch wide where the edge shold be.  

Felix OFlyn

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:06 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
Artimus_Twitch
haha

My dad gets bored sometimes - and will grab what ever knife comes to hand - and spend hours sharpening it infront of the TV twisted twisted

He rocks!! twisted I showed it off last event I was at - and I had some of the expirienced adults 'oo-ing' and 'aww-ing' and going 'HOLY CRAP THAT'S SHARP' twisted twisted twisted

I never said it was pretty.
and its not like I cant make it super sharp.. we have the sharpening kits for CRKT, kabar,kershaw, spiderco, CKC..and a few other brands, at work. Some of the knives we carry can go threw a car door and still shave your arm with it after.
I just dont bother to sharpen my SCA knives... I only use it at feasts, or to cut a bit of fabric or cord.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:46 am
Artimus_Twitch
Naito_Mitsukai
Artimus_Twitch
haha

and its not like I cant make it super sharp.. we have the sharpening kits for CRKT, kabar,kershaw, spiderco, CKC..and a few other brands, at work. Some of the knives we carry can go threw a car door and still shave your arm with it after.
I just dont bother to sharpen my SCA knives... I only use it at feasts, or to cut a bit of fabric or cord.

eek eek *points to those really sharp 'goes through car doors' knives* I WANT IT!! I WANT IT!! xd heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:22 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
Artimus_Twitch
Naito_Mitsukai
Artimus_Twitch
haha

eek eek *points to those really sharp 'goes through car doors' knives* I WANT IT!! I WANT IT!! xd heart

And thats why high carbon steel is awsome. The kabars can do that, the metal is very thick and everything, they are amazeing hunting/survival knives.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 am
Artimus_Twitch
Naito_Mitsukai
Artimus_Twitch
Naito_Mitsukai
Artimus_Twitch
haha

And thats why high carbon steel is awsome. The kabars can do that, the metal is very thick and everything, they are amazeing hunting/survival knives.
But how often does one have to cut through a car door?
Also, what do you mean you don't bother to sharpen your everyday SCA knives? You do at very least do some matentience on them, don't you?  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

TheSteven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:13 pm
Artimus_Twitch
haha

That's mine too! D:  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:33 am
Once, in a contest of arms, one might say, a friend of mine and a very large rapier fighter whose name I have forgotten challenged each other to see who could wear the most armaments upon thier person all day. Eirik Bjarnisson succeeded in donning 32 blades, but alas he was trounced by the rapier fighter's 51 sharp and pointies. A noble effort I say.  

Random Saxon

Demon Fish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:54 pm
It Matters By The Sca Event Your At!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:21 pm
Demon Fish
It Matters By The Sca Event Your At!
What do you mean?
Do you have a sax for sutton hu themed events, and wear a rapier with the later period?  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

The Abortionater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:32 am
Is it wrong to cut apples with a great axe?  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff