Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Can someone explain to me what a "Mallgoth" is?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold.
  Yay.
View Results

rock_n_roll_rag_doll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:07 pm
basically u goth for the mall... and u try to seem goth... its overrated.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:15 pm
Isobel Bellamy
I'm kinda scared now, a couple of those things apply to me eek egads! I'm mallcore!! *runs around in circles screaming* unclean!! uncleean!!

:C A couple apply to me too! ::Gets in a shower::

There is one that a lot of people can't really avoid though, which is the angst thing. XD Almost everyone experiences that.  

BabyEaterLad

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:59 pm
Lady Detarra
Now no offense to anyone who turns out to be a "mall goth" but here are the basics as I have experienced.

*Mall is god
*Tend to wear GOBS of Hot Topic gear (I don’t have anything against Hot Topic, they just buy everything in the store)
*Tend to have horribly done make-up (I’m talking they would fit in at a KISS concert)
*Have a serious Gothier than thou attitude
*Generally know nothing about the gothic cubculture
*Try to live up to every goth stereotype out there
*So full of angst that when you walk by them you feel dirty.
*Tend to call thouse who are actually gothic "poseurs"

Mall Goth as stated by some quiz
User Image

Personal example
Code Name : Angst Boy

Now I work at a shop in the mall and literally every day this boy walks around the mall. He has been dubbed “Angst Boy”. His clothing concists of black pants, white shirt, torn black shirt over it. The way all of us at my shop see it, he hides the shirt from his parents and puts it on when he gets to the mall. His hair is a sad fauxhawk. He constantly has headphones on and no music. All he does is walk around the mall. He NEVER goes in stores. I have seen him walk the mall for over 5 hours. He always seems pissed and full of angst. Oh and his make-up is just wrong. Every time I see him I want to tackle him and wash his face. Now I don’t mind a design on the side of the eye but if youre doing to do it, take pride in it and do it nicely. It looks like he grabbed eyeliner and had a seizer. Ok I’m don’t. I could rant about him all day. I hope that helped explain Mall Goth.

awsome....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:59 pm
BabyEaterLad
Isobel Bellamy
I'm kinda scared now, a couple of those things apply to me eek egads! I'm mallcore!! *runs around in circles screaming* unclean!! uncleean!!

:C A couple apply to me too! ::Gets in a shower::

Like I said, "having one or many of these traits does not essentially make you a mallgoth".

Mallgoths usually have 9 out of every 10 of those. Even the most legitimate goths usually have a few from the list.  

GilAskan
Crew

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:34 pm
GilAskan--Damn, I love your signature.

I've been thinking about getting alot of wrist bands. I've also been deciding what to get, lol. I've wanted leather guantlets for so long. I just want to cover my forarms and most of my hands.

We have virtually no 'goths' were I live. Their are plenty around, just never in the city I live in. If its possible, we have even less 'mallgoths'.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:14 pm
Dorian Requiem
GilAskan--Damn, I love your signature.

Thank you.

Dorian Requiem
I've been thinking about getting alot of wrist bands. I've also been deciding what to get, lol. I've wanted leather guantlets for so long. I just want to cover my forarms and most of my hands.

To each his own; I myself wear the same leather wristband every day.

Dorian Requiem
We have virtually no 'goths' were I live. Their are plenty around, just never in the city I live in. If its possible, we have even less 'mallgoths'.

I consider that highly unlikely, if not outright unbelievable. For just about any environment, there'll be at least 20 mallgoths for every goth, if not, more.  

GilAskan
Crew

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:33 pm
UraniumMonk
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

<_< I'm a little creeped out >_> I think I know her  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:46 pm
Actually, I think she kind of looks like she stepped out of the Yuppie Matrix...or some cartoon version of it. sweatdrop  

trampyre

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:07 am
Lady Detarra
Now no offense to anyone who turns out to be a "mall goth" but here are the basics as I have experienced.

*Mall is god
*Tend to wear GOBS of Hot Topic gear (I don’t have anything against Hot Topic, they just buy everything in the store)
*Tend to have horribly done make-up (I’m talking they would fit in at a KISS concert)
*Have a serious Gothier than thou attitude
*Generally know nothing about the gothic cubculture
*Try to live up to every goth stereotype out there
*So full of angst that when you walk by them you feel dirty.
*Tend to call thouse who are actually gothic "poseurs"

Mall Goth as stated by some quiz
User Image

Haha PS. Your makeup sucks...that's good.
Yeah I always thought a mall goth was someone who dress goth only at the mall where they did it for attention.

There's nothing wrong with Hot Topic--they're the only store that provides some of the cool stuff.

People obsessed with being goth are not goths. It's not something you try to be. I think anyone who says "poser" is not an original human being.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:08 am
PS.

That chick in the second post looks cool to me. A little bit over the top but hey, kudos for originality!

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

Icy-Determination_020

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:55 am
lol... I like this thread ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:37 am
SarahArden

There's nothing wrong with Hot Topic--they're the only store that provides some of the cool stuff.

It's more the fact that these children wear only Hot Topic gear. And not just that, but tons of it.

It's overkill.

MortSanglant

Quillvore_Doomfiend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:10 pm
Has anyone ever said "hey" to these "angst boys" walking around the mall?
Maybe he just enjoys the mall.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:38 pm
MortSanglant
SarahArden

It's more the fact that these children wear only Hot Topic gear. And not just that, but tons of it.

It's overkill.

Also, they only wear it because it's Hot Topic. If other stores sold the Tripp bondage pants, the mallgoths wouldn't wear them. Mallgoths wear Hot Topic clothes not essentially because they like them, but because it's what's sold at Hot Topic.  

GilAskan
Crew

The Reused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:04 pm
well thats one thing i learned from this topic.. im defintately NOT mall goth  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items