Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death..
  The end
  A new begining
View Results

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:02 pm
I've been to cemetaries a few times. They're lovely places; beautiful, but yet I feel somehow a bit strange. Like my presence is disturbing someone. I usually feel a bit awkward in cemetaries, but I like them.

I've only ever been to two funerals in my lifetime, both were when I was still young and didn't know what death means. I have, however, visited funeral homes; peaceful, yet a little strange for me as corpses unnerve me a little bit. No idea why.

Only once in my life have I felt the presence of a departed soul. Now, if you ever happen to come in contact with Amy Lee, don't tell her I've told you about this, it's pretty personal. I feel a little bad for sharing it. When Amy was six years old, her younger sister died at age three. In tribute to her, Amy wrote the song "Hello", featured on Fallen as track 9. When I found out about this, I listened to the song and wept for the poor child. And then I thought I heard someone in my head telling me, "Don't cry... Please don't cry.... I'm here, I'm alive..." I offered her a place to rest with me, namely, a pillow that I laid beside me in my bed. Ever since that night I have tried to sleep with a pillow beside me. This has almost lead me to believe that I am possibly a reincarnation of this child, which might explain my attachment to Amy. However, that thought is NEVER to be mentioned in front of her. Ever. I usually feel very selfish saying that, not to mention it would probably be emotionally stressful for Amy to think about it.

I usually commemorate the dead with thoughtfulness, tears, possibly flowers on graves or what have you.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:18 pm
After their death I still celebrate their death, get friends together and celebrate just as if te person was there.  

cynicalspiritvalea

Wheezing Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

littlewonder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:27 pm
When I was around 8 or 9, Johnny, an old friend of my grandfather died. I had never known my grandfather, seeing as he died when I was very young. I had come to think of him as my grandfather. The day he was going to die, me and my younger sister were given the choice whether to see him in his last moments. I was too scared to, my sister chose to do so. I felt guilty afterwards.

I didn't do much for his death commemeration except remember him. I don't remember if there was a funeral.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:39 pm
Sometime this morning the world lost a wonderful person. She was a very inspiring person; a mother to four, an adoptive mother of sorts for many. She always had room in her heart for other people. She was a strong woman, though her body was weak. Someone you could look up to, depend on, and turn to when you needed some love. Whether it was a boo-boo or a bad day, she was always there. She was my grandmother.

I never really got the chance to say goodbye. The last time I saw her was a few Sundays ago. Even then she didn't look so well. Then she went into the hospital. Her body wasn't functioning properly. Yesterday they took her off of all the machines, and finally, today, her suffering is over.

Rest in peace, Granny. I will love you forever. cry heart
People die, but real love is forever.  

EvFaerAshlynn

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:42 pm
i go and say hi with friends!
and make a date out of seeing mommy with my boy toy heart
and go to see her on day of the dead 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:02 pm
...I don't...at least not anymore  

Fux this account

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:08 am
Sometimes, on the anniversary of a friend's death, I'll light a candle for them. I'm not really Christian, but my mother was raised Catholic and sometimes I find myself going into our cathedral and leaving a votive in front of an icon. It makes me feel more serene.

My dog died recently. I'm happy for him, because he died naturally and painlessly in his sleep, with friends all around him. But of course I still miss him. I have a big wad of his fur (taken from combing him the last time he was shedding). Whenever I see places he would love, I think of setting a tuft of fur there. Sometime soon, I'm going to walk around the city and leave a few strands of fur in all the parks.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:06 am
I don't know. I don't greive properly.

But I guess I meditate. That count? I think so.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

-XxPhantom_Dreamer-xX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:04 pm
i like to write poetry and,as with my grandmas recent passing,i wear or carry around one of their possesions

i am wearing a skeleton key my grandmother gave me that goes to an extrewmely old clock  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:37 am
Sins like skeletons...

I've lost alot of people in my lifetime. I lost 2 cousins and 2 family friends since Christmas, it's been a rough patch. The first death really close to me that I had to deal with was my Granny, she died when I was 7. I cried for days and days I really missed her.

As for now a days I don't really cry for the dead. I'm a christian *a free thinking one mind you* but I do believe there is a much better place than here waiting for me after this life. So yea I don't feel as if it's a devistating end, but I believe they go on to a better place. I'm 'building' a memorial tattoo for the ones I've lost that were really close to me and I want it tattooed near my heart. I also have a habit of wearing jewelry that belonged to family members. My Granny's rings, my Grandma's garnet cross and several pieces of her jewelry, my Aunt's ring.

And since Mom's mother passed away we try to change the flowers on her grave every season. We can't put any on my Granny's, people steal stuff from the graveyard often. Sad isn't it?

...are so very hard to hide

Obeydontstray

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:24 pm
Honestly, I do become sad, and I have time thinking about the people I miss, remembering all the good times. A person is not who they are because of their age or the condition their body is in, so I try not to think of the dearly departed in that way, but for how kind they were. I honestly do not fear death, and I believe no one's death is a mistake. Our whole lives are laid out infront of eternity, the past is frozen, the present is on going, and the furture to us is naught. Any time compared to eternity is nothing, so the idea some people die too young I don't agree with. The less time I spend on the earth, the less I am attatched to it, the more freely I will accept when my time to shed this shell has come and it is time to move on. God, seeing past and future all in present, giving us time so although he knows our choices we can still have the freedom of will and individuality to live and believe as we choose, puts things more into perspective. If Jesus the Christ did raise from the dead as accounts say, and died on the cross being mocked and beaten without mercy, then believing in him, death has no sting.

I am planning on having a small memorial service for those two boys who shot people at their school nine years ago. They were not goth, but the fact they felt that badly, then shot themselves afterwards, I refuse to see them as soley the villians, they were the ultimate victims. The least I can do is pray and have something dedicated to them and others like them, because although most the world may see them as monsters, devils, they are precious. So the least we can do for them is to try to teach people to have mercy and kindness, not respect but love.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff