Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:27 am
Athiel
trampyre
Oh yes! Make-up is absolutely essential for Gothness. White stage make-up or powder is 'the' goth essential. As for eyeliner, the bigger and swirlier, the better. Adding glitter works well too. Try to make yourself look like The Crow, and you'll be the hippest goth in town. Black lipstick is really quite the necessity as well, but dark red works well if you're going for a more ...red look. If you can, find some fake fangs and put those in as well. Not only will they look really really cool, they can be used to actually scare people! People will think you are a real Vampire! Coloured contacts work well for that too, especially the red or light light blue ones. Freeeaky!

lol

Oh, I do love a bit of well-placed sarcasm in the evening! heart

Anyway.
If someone could teach me how to apply whiteness And preserve my dignity at the same time, I would. ><

::slaps::

You don't need to!

You're perfectly porcelain as it is!

mad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:46 pm
I don't wear any makeup. I'd like to learn one day how to do my eyes without them looking cheesy. When I was younger I thought black or purple lipstick was all the rage, but now I see how silly it is. On some people all this stuff looks great, and I admire them, but on me anything looks silly. I don't care though, that's just how it is. On Halloween though I'll ******** around with it, just for fun.  

KoRnfucius

Dark_Judje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:12 pm
according to the goths in my town and around, i'm not a goth.. i'm "normal",
according to the "normals" i'm goth or skater... i keep it on alto... because as long as i don't know what i want, they can say whatever i am, but i know it for my own...
i only wear make-up to concerts... i hate to wear it in my privet and school life... (according to the goths, that's also a point why i'm not a goth)
so can anyone tell me the "points of being a goth"?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:33 pm
Missy_Judith
according to the "normals" i'm goth or skater... i keep it on alto... because as long as i don't know what i want, they can say whatever i am, but i know it for my own...
i only wear make-up to concerts... i hate to wear it in my privet and school life... (according to the goths, that's also a point why i'm not a goth)

There's no solid agreed upon definition. Most goths have their own defintions.

My personal opinion:

Goth (n.): An avid fan of goth-rock (or related genres) and a supporter of the goth culture.

Goth Culture (n.): A culture spawned from punk in the late 70's. The culture is defined by musical attachment to goth-rock (and related genres), but also includes multiple fashion trends, aesthetic styles, slang, locales, iconography, and more.  

GilAskan
Crew

Soundless_Windchime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:56 pm
This is sorta embarassing, but I would were make up...if I knew how to put it on...I can never figure out eye liner.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:12 pm
Athiel
trampyre
Oh yes! Make-up is absolutely essential for Gothness. White stage make-up or powder is 'the' goth essential. As for eyeliner, the bigger and swirlier, the better. Adding glitter works well too. Try to make yourself look like The Crow, and you'll be the hippest goth in town. Black lipstick is really quite the necessity as well, but dark red works well if you're going for a more ...red look. If you can, find some fake fangs and put those in as well. Not only will they look really really cool, they can be used to actually scare people! People will think you are a real Vampire! Coloured contacts work well for that too, especially the red or light light blue ones. Freeeaky!

lol

Anyway.
If someone could teach me how to apply whiteness And preserve my dignity at the same time, I would. ><

I'd stay away from white, just go a few shades lighter than your natural skintone, and apply not only to your face, but to your neck and other exposed skin as well. Note how Idina Menzel's face, neck, and hands were green in Wicked... It would look awkward if it was just her face. Next, BLEND. Blending is the key to foundation. I would also get a sheer or translucent powder, again, just a few shades lighter than your skin.  

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Kamadev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:20 pm
Well you don't HAVE to wear it just if you want to i don't ware it everyday just like every so often...You don't HAVE to wear make-up everyday to be goth.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Strange makeup makes people stare more than simply strange clothes, so I tend to stray from the typical gothy makeup.

xX-Thumbelina-Xx

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:07 pm
I personally love wearing make-up. However all i wear is eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick. But its just up to the person really. Dont have to wear make-up to be goth. If we had a dress code, it would defeat the whole being different bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:08 pm
I use makeup whenever I leave the house which is twice a week at most. x: I have horrible skintone so I wear foundation with powder. I don't do much eyeliner anymore because I wear my glasses most of the time, but I do put on mascara and eyeshadow. Sometimes, I even use this white-ish shimmery powder under my eyes and on the bridge of my nose if I'm in a gyaru mood.  

BabyEaterLad

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:40 pm
KoRnfucius
I don't wear any makeup. I'd like to learn one day how to do my eyes without them looking cheesy. When I was younger I thought black or purple lipstick was all the rage, but now I see how silly it is. On some people all this stuff looks great, and I admire them, but on me anything looks silly. I don't care though, that's just how it is. On Halloween though I'll ******** around with it, just for fun.

Good job. It's important to know what looks good on you, and not just wear a look "out of the box".

If you want to wear makeup, your beauty should be enhanced by the makeup; not impeded by it. If you look good in spite of poor makeup application, you're one of the lucky 1% of the population.

My recommendation for people who want to wear gothy makeup is to ask for honest opinions from fellow trusted gothy (and non-gothy) friends. Myself, I wear a shade of foundation that matches the lightest shade of my skin. I also wear a simple thin black eyeliner, which is sometimes replaced by purple or dark brown eyeliner, and very occasionally, a dark tone of eyeshadow. I like to keep my lips neutral, because my eyes are the focal point. If I do put something on my lips, it's generally a balm or a subtly tinted gloss. Vamping it up is for club nights only wink

I think it's great for people to wear funky makeup. In fact I'd encourage people to do it because it's fun... just remember that you might get laughed at by some people if you choose to do it in public. I think it's best saved for special events, silly photo shoots among close friends, cosplays, and possibly concerts. If you do play around with your makeup at home (and keep it at home), in fact, chances are your makeup application skills will improve (eg, with eyeliner etc). I remember when I was in highschool, I just didn't wear makeup because I couldn't apply it to save my life. If you practice lots, and experiment with silly (or non-silly) looks, you will be one step closer to finding a look unique to yourself, that looks good in public, and makes your natural beauty shine through without overkill.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:52 pm
GilAskan
Missy_Judith

There's no solid agreed upon definition. Most goths have their own defintions.

My personal opinion:

Goth (n.): An avid fan of goth-rock (or related genres) and a supporter of the goth culture.

Goth Culture (n.): A culture spawned from punk in the late 70's. The culture is defined by musical attachment to goth-rock (and related genres), but also includes multiple fashion trends, aesthetic styles, slang, locales, iconography, and more.

okay, this is much more clear then those netherlandish goths  

Dark_Judje

slipknot_him_slut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:22 am
i do wear make up but not that much like i only put it on sometimes it's not an everyday thing with me ....but i do know a lot of guys and girls that won't leave their house without make up on....  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:17 am
MortSanglant
Athiel
trampyre

lol

Anyway.

::slaps::

You don't need to!

You're perfectly porcelain as it is!

mad

Even I suffer imperfections..sometimes..  

Athiel

Alandiel_Darksbane

Friendly Genius

5,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:09 pm
Missy_Judith

THese so called "goths" sound like mall goths to me. Curse that entire breed. ninja  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff