What do you think of it?
  It's sick
  It's cool
View Results

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:00 pm
Dearest Darling`
User Image

" On his website, Kimveer Gill lovingly referred to it as ''My rifle,'' and put its picture on display along with photos of his combat boots and his favourite beer.
A little further down, Gill poses in front of a brick wall, pointing the gun, a Beretta CX4 Storm semi-automatic rifle, towards the sky. He is smiling broadly.
Gill, 25, used that gun and had two others, a 12-gauge shotgun and a 9-mm pistol, under his black trench coat when he went on his murderous Dawson College rampage in Montreal on Wednesday."
- The montreal Gazette.

September 13, 2006 Kimveer Gill, a "death goth" dressed in black and carrying a gun. He killed someone I knew, severely injured a girl who used to go to my school, along with 17 other people.
He murdered Anastasia DeSousa at Dawson college, a school where my best friend's sister goes, where one of my good friends was and where hundreds of students attend to.

The killer who had once attended the same school and for an uknow cause starts shooting randomly at the students closest who had done nothing to provoke him.
video

So how cool is this? Not at all.

So why is it that some people that I've met who label themselves "goth" find people like this so cool? How is it that so many people like to consider themselves cold hearted and willing to kill for nothing?
(please note that I'm not talking about every person that labels themself goth)

I made this thread for two reasons. First, to talk about the tragic event and secondly to talk about what I think of these certain people. Feel free to express your opinion upon the two subjects.

Thank you for reading,
Olivia

small edit:I just noticed that a thread about the murder was already made but it WAS a goth that murdered Anastasia so I have to say that I'm pretty much against that thread.
Its not cool it just sick and deranged,
There are good and bad people of all kinds.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:47 am
Amon the Halfbreed
User Image

???
=/

Dearest Darling`

DR490N

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:51 pm
its as simple as this. the ******** media wants a scapegoat for everything. just because a couple of ******** morons claim to belong to this or that subculture, group, or mindset, the media blames the subculture or group they know nothing about for whatever this person does.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:35 am
User Image

<33

Dearest Darling`

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:15 pm
Dearest Darling`
Amon the Halfbreed
User Image

???
=/

apologize , I said it was sick and very disturbed they have more issues then most people  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:21 pm
Demon princess of Love
I must say this event pisses me off. I mean, for one, there's the fact that he killed people So pointelssly. And also It's only going to cause the rest of us non-murderous goths more greif. People being hatelful or fearful for now legitimate reason.

scream yeah you should see how many people like jump out the way when i walk down the hall... and it hapened like 2 weeks ago (or was it 3?). it ridiculous. and now there is someone at all of the exits at all times so it makes it even harder to skip and s**t... plus it is a violation of our rights and things like that because it is only the non trendies who get screened and s**t like that... ******** ridiculous... scream  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:09 pm
Amon the Halfbreed
Dearest Darling`
Amon the Halfbreed
User Image

???
=/

apologize , I said it was sick and very disturbed they have more issues then most people
User Image

Oh, Okay then
=]
I agree

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:19 pm
I think the reason why is because some people associate goths with demons, and that becoming one will allow you to commit atrocities like this ******** like that haven't been parented right, and at the same time it's plenty of their own fault too for even considering to do something like that.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:02 pm
This shooting truly was a tragedy. To be so sick and cold-hearted to commit such atroicities is a terrible thing. To think that these lives have been taken far before thier time, especially at the hands of violence, brings tears to my eyes.

We must not only mourn for these victims, but for all of those innocent who have been unjustly slaughtered by whatever means.

Now, with that being said, I believe that since some of the media has made goths look like killers(though I must admit, this aricle was not widley publicized in the USA... but I have seen a slight trend of hostility begin...), we must band together to show that such is not true. I always try to be a well-mannered human being, and now I'll try even harder than ever to give a better image to the gothic subculture after this atrocity.

This man was a sick human being, likely with some sort of psychological disorder.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:22 pm
It's wrong to kill for no reason.
It's wrong to direct goths as someone who'd do such (know you said otherwise, but just noting).
It's wrong of him, if he claimed to be goth, to make the rest of us look bad. We get that bad enough as it is. And anyone could've got on a killing spree. So many of my fellow goths I know are the most gentle people I've ever met... It's so sad how disrespected we are. I get the most supprised looks when I open doors for people or pick up something they dropped...as if they expected me to spit on them.

So far I haven't seen anything to explain why the killer was who he was...but it's for sure he was not on the same plain of reality as most. I hope he pays for what he's done, but then again he may be counting on it...

As for some who think this person is cool- you know what? I bet the killed had loved ones, I bet they were cherished by someone. How would you feel if the best thing you had was taken away from you? Whether it was a friend, lover, only loving family you had? Every goth has feelings, it's how we know and feel who we are. You know that if you experienced the loss you'd be hating that killer.
I've met certain goth kids who would idolize those types of people...and let me tell you, I've loved every moment of proving them wrong in every little thing they'd say by pointing out what I noticed they treasured. It's real, and it's sad kids can be so stupid.  

ShadowLotus

JustAnotherTeenMinority

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:50 pm
The Vampire Ruler
Another retard shots up a school and once again those with the darker thoughts are blamed its pathetic

Yeah, like columbine, the darker thinking people of society get blamed.... Marylin (SP?) Manson Got blamed again, and so did Ozzy... I believe it is unjust and cruel that we get such harsh criticism just for being ourselves.... cry  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:14 am
A guy like that just makes the rest of us look bad. talk2hand  

TheWitchGotRobin

Obscure Parch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:07 pm
GilAskan
A lot of outsiders and outcasts have a habit of claiming to be goth simply as a way to fit in with someone. This has lead to quite a bit of the confusion: many mopey, Manson-worshipping, depressed, death-obsessed teenaged outcasts claim to be goth, when they are not.
i can be described as most of those things and i know that being goth relys on none of those things only that you are part of the culture surrounding bands such as Depeche Mode, Bauhaus, Type-O Negative, Avenged Sevenfold and Aiden, all of which i am a fan of. my point being not pointed specifically at any paticular person-watch where you point your finger, it might wind up your a**.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:44 pm
I just found out there was a shooting at a highschool just north-west of my city... There was one death, not as bad as the Dawson shooting. Damn people with no sense!
I hate it when they pin goths to horrible acts too... it just makes things harder for us. I hope I don't hear anything about it when I go to the anime con next week...  

ShadowLotus

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces