Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
American Theme Song. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor moon =
  Love.
  Joy.
  Goody goodness.
View Results

Pnytenshi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 pm
The theme song is not that bad but i still like the original theme song...

I think that they had adult swim before they stopped airing Sailor Moon... but even so, little kids stay up to watch adult swim... I know kids that know tons of shows on adult swim... it's up to the parents to put them to bed at an appropriate time... not the network to manage thier shows...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:22 pm
I thought of this a lot. In truth I don't think so. It's story line is a little childish even if the details aren't. Also Sailor Moon is already known in America for being a Five year old's show. Not many people are going to be interested in a children's show so Adult Swim wouldn't put Sailor Moon in the line up because it would lose money.  

Atalantis

I_like_tacos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:28 pm
I think they both sound the same  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:59 am
Yami_Puppi
Eh, I thought the American English theme song alright. It was fun to sing along to when I was younger ^-^

If StarS would have worked anywhere, then it would have worked on Adult Swim.
I don't think AS really likes to show Shoujo all that much...

About the American Theme song. I have the song memorized. It's funny but sad at the same time that I actually have it memorized XP My favorite part was the electric guitar solo ^,^-  

Christica

Mewling Paladin

Kouji_no_miko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:35 pm
I love the English theme song but I'm just used to it I guess, it's fun to sing along to even now lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:52 pm
I_like_tacos
I think they both sound the same

The Japanese song was a little more mellow than the American melody, but yes, they used the Japanese background melody notes.  

Syndrama

pink robotic techno kitty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:14 am
kawaiibunny3
~Alechsa~
Kaidan
x3_Bunny
But this show is for little kids.
I just had to mention....this was a creation of the dubbers. Sailor Moon was never a show meant for little kids. Maybe junior high/upper elementary at the most, but never the little kids they always aimed it at. That was just a joke. lol

Exactly. You can tell what a show is intended for by looking at the age of the main character: Sailor Moon is FOURTEEN YEARS OLD! sweatdrop She's not meant for 7 year olds, the dubbers just thought cartoon = kiddy show. They should have realized when they saw how much they needed to cut that BSSM is PG, not Y-7.

DiC made the same mistake as Buena Vista, they marketed Gargoyles as Y-7... funny thing, parents complain when their seven year old witnesses a woman be shot and nearly die guess it shouldn't have beenmarketed for 7 eyar olds, huh? So Toondisney cuts that episode when it re-airs the series, and the entire first season makes NO friggin sense afterwards. Because the Y-7 mark stayed instead of just changing it.

The moral of the story: Buena Vista is owned by the same parent company as DiC. They don't learn their lessons about animation quickly.

actually....the sailor moon anime IS in fact intended for kids. Japanese culture is more flexible on things than Americans are, that's why there are lesbians and barbie doll nudity in it. If u watch sailor moon commercials, there are always little girls about 6 or older pushing sailor moon merchandise. (one i saw was pretty wierd...it showed this little girl going to the beach with her Luna-P ball....twas wierd...) plus the anime was done by Toei Animation...the go to animation company when kiddie anime is involved (Digimon, Bobobo, Zatch Bell)

the manga is a different story, but for the anime...yeah...it's for kids...sorry...
3nodding i totally agree. everyone is usually like "sailormoon is not for kids!!!" but it really is. i believe the original target audience was anywhere from 4 years old to elementary/early middle school. and i think the fact that nearly all the merchandise, if it shows a real person on the packaging it's usually a little girl about elementary age.

as for the manga, it's a little older, but not by much. it ran in nakayoshi, which is aimed at elementary/middle school girls, so it's not all that much older...

either way, just because you don't fit into the target audience of a series doesn't mean you can't enjoy it all the same. that's one of the best things about sailormoon, imo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:08 pm
Yami_Puppi
Eh, I thought the American English theme song alright. It was fun to sing along to when I was younger ^-^

If StarS would have worked anywhere, then it would have worked on Adult Swim.

I still like singing to the American theme song, it's cute and it was still Sailor Moon. I agree if StarS, if it somehow worked out, would've been on Adult Swim, I would so watch it. biggrin  

Curaia-Chan

Distinct Fatcat

5,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

kittysmouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:09 pm
its all gud!!! the way i see it the more music the better!!! and if they wanna make a different song (in any language hehe) for every freaking episode id love em all... you know... so long as theyre this gud hehe ;P i guess what im saying is i like em both lol  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:07 pm
well I love both of the theme songs, the english one and the Japanese one, the english I know all the words of course. and for the Japanese one i actully know what they are saying for watching it so much and mermoize some of the english words from the Japanese song.  

Phoenix_17

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:43 am
Hime_Tsuki
I always did think it strange that they never updated the opening.

I will always cherish that song though. 3nodding A friend of mine and I were singing that song on campus as we were walking just the other day.

~Awesome~
I could totally see myself doing that with my best friend.

~Fighting evil by moonlight~
~Winning love by daylight~
~Never running from a real fight~
~She is the one named Sailor Moon!~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:50 pm
Yami_Puppi

If StarS would have worked anywhere, then it would ha

too true.

Mystifying Social Disease

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:32 am
i just think it's funny, that when i was younger me and my friends would love this song, we'd pump it up loud on our CD speakers and the like...

now when i hear the song, i wanna burn my ears off xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:54 am
x3_Bunny
So, the dubbers changed the Sailor Moon theme song. To make it more English. I believe I've heard people complain about this. But I think it's sort of a good thing. I mean, I LOVE the Japanese version... But this show is for little kids. They probably would have gotten bored if they had seen something they don't understand at all. It was so fun when I was seven to sing along with it. I don't know; I think this is one of the smart decisions that the dubbers made (although they didn't make too many...)

I've been wondering. I don't think they had Adult Swim when Sailor Moon aired, but since the last season was too "inappropriate," do you think it would have worked to put the last season there? Nudity, lesbians, he-shes, violence, and everything? Or would little kids be drawn to it since they know about the first few seasons? Putting the first few seasons on Adult Swim would be sort of unnecessary, because it's not that inappropriate.

Blah. I don't see what the big deal about the nudity was, though. I saw the final episode just the other day. She looked like a Barbie. Something very common with little kids over here. rolleyes

I do wish they would have aired the last season, though.

Okay, I got way off topic. Sorry, guys.

Listen.... Us Americans have butchered Sailor moon to extremes. The Theme song is no exeption. It's ALWAYS better in Japanese with the fansubs. The subs tell almost a completely different story. In fact, I saw episode 44 (episode 39 in the English dub) in Japanese and the story of Silver Millennium was very different from what the dub told.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

chibihotachan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:10 am
Sailor Moon seems as if it is just a different show from the NA version to the original. Because of that, I like both, but it is like waching two different series. Bringing Stars here, on adult swim or otherwise would be a mistake. It would ne similar to the backlash people had for anime in general when Princess Mononoke hit theatres and moms brought they're five year olds to see, despite how much Disney trked to avoid that, even rating it pg13 and releasing it under Miramax.

I like both (or all three) theme songs quite a bit. I think they are really appropriate for the audiance they are trying to attract. Also if you sing the NA themepeople just look at you strangely, but at least they can understand you.

Bringing Stars here in any form would just hurt Sailor Moon and anime in general.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff