Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:44 am
Winter Black
Christo Minaverus
Well what Can I say I'm on one of my Vampire Fixes, I just started reading Anne Rice's Vampire Cronicles. Any one who hasn't read then really should. They are awsome. domokun Pagan wise books I haven't really got into any lately. Most of whats common knowledge I already have a grip on. Its hard to find above Par advance books with my limited resources. Egyptian Paganism for begginers was a good book though. I learned quite a lot from it. surprised

When I learned about Egyptian Paganism, I didn't have resource books... Everything I learned, I learned online, and I learned a lot. I'm still trying to locate a translated copy of Prt M Hrw, though.

I also have part one of a series by Robert Graves, on Greek myths, and such.
But, its my opinion that you can't really appreciate the Pantheon unless you know all about its hisotry in general. I'm that was with both my students. Currently, I have them learning about Ancient Egypt, then I'll go on to Greece, then Rome, Gaul, ect.
The best way to comprehend a Pantheon's rituals, and Myths, is to know their history, their hardships, their day-to-day lives. Wouldn't you agree?
Absolutely, although I do not know how to specifically say why. 'Course, I'm a tad worried about offending someone or sounding stupid because I'm stilly waking up. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:52 am
XD I'm still waking up, too, Jameta.

By the way, that Selene Silverwind book I mentioned? Its not just great. The information in that book, now that I've read more than just a few chapters, is by far the best I've ever seen. She does talk about the Burning Times, but she only gives facts, and blames no one. Its amazing. None of it is personal Opinion, in any way, its all fact, fact, fact! Compared to authors like Silver Ravenwolf, or Gerina Dunwich, this book is by far the best Paganism book I've ever read.
It actually goes in-depth on Wicca, Asatru, and Druidry. Which is good, because I've been looking more into the latter two more than usual lately. Especially Druidry, to be honest.

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:59 am
Winter Black
XD I'm still waking up, too, Jameta.

By the way, that Selene Silverwind book I mentioned? Its not just great. The information in that book, now that I've read more than just a few chapters, is by far the best I've ever seen. She does talk about the Burning Times, but she only gives facts, and blames no one. Its amazing. None of it is personal Opinion, in any way, its all fact, fact, fact! Compared to authors like Silver Ravenwolf, or Gerina Dunwich, this book is by far the best Paganism book I've ever read.
It actually goes in-depth on Wicca, Asatru, and Druidry. Which is good, because I've been looking more into the latter two more than usual lately. Especially Druidry, to be honest.
That's good to hear; I'm always up to expanding my little library... when I have money. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:45 am
The book was a birthday present. ^^ My mom got it for me, because my birthday is this Sunday coming up. I'll be 17. <33  

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:00 am
Winter Black
The book was a birthday present. ^^ My mom got it for me, because my birthday is this Sunday coming up. I'll be 17. <33
Sweetness; my birthday was January third, and I'm 17, as well... although I can act immature or an old hag at times.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:04 am
Awesome. ^__^ Late Happy Birthday.
By the way, you can call me Candice.

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:07 am
Winter Black
Awesome. ^__^ Late Happy Birthday.
By the way, you can call me Candice.
...Can I call you Candy? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:10 am
I'm not a stripper, so no. XD I hate being called Candy.
I also hate being called Nicky, because some people say calling my by my middle name, Nicole, is easier than remembering my first name, since Candice isn't that common... x.p Stupid people. Heh.

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:17 am
Winter Black
I'm not a stripper, so no. XD I hate being called Candy.
I also hate being called Nicky, because some people say calling my by my middle name, Nicole, is easier than remembering my first name, since Candice isn't that common... x.p Stupid people. Heh.
Hey, no problem. I asked that because I wan hungry, in any case. *munches on a bowl of Smacks*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:33 am
[laughs] My boyfriend tends to associate me with sugary treats on a regular basis. XD But only certain kinds. He doesn't call me Candy, though. He calls me things like "sugar dot" or "jube-jube" or "lollipop". XD I love it. Feel free to call me a certain type of Candy, but never actually just Candy. sweatdrop whee heart  

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:41 am
Winter Black
[laughs] My boyfriend tends to associate me with sugary treats on a regular basis. XD But only certain kinds. He doesn't call me Candy, though. He calls me things like "sugar dot" or "jube-jube" or "lollipop". XD I love it. Feel free to call me a certain type of Candy, but never actually just Candy. sweatdrop whee heart
Got it, Caramel.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:42 am
Hey! I like that one! XD  

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:44 am
Winter Black
Hey! I like that one! XD
Playing off the 'C's today... cool  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:59 am
Warning! Unless you tend to like having your emotions in the complete grasp of an innimate object, don't read Somtow Sucharitkul and Tanith Lee in the same day!  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:02 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Warning! Unless you tend to like having your emotions in the complete grasp of an innimate object, don't read Somtow Sucharitkul and Tanith Lee in the same day!
duely noted: Stay away from things with funny names.

*looks at Nihl... races crossed fingers* POWER OF BILL GATES COMPELS THEE! eek  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff