Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Dean Koontz Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever heard of Dean Koontz?
  Yes
  No
  poll whoring
View Results

Hackney Equine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:21 pm
I hate Dean Koonz!

I usually don't make such comments, but as much as I do not like his books, I love to say his name. Koonz!

Anyway, I tried to read one of his books once, and by the third chapter I was so pissed off by his narrative and... I don't know, just hate welled up in me. Perhaps he is a good author, but I cannot enjoy him. I think I just don't enjoy the genre.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:28 pm
I love quite a lot of his books, but for every great one there is a clunker. Had anyone ever read "Intensity?" Not his best work... And there was this one about the aliens that I hated... but then again, there was another one about aliens that I liked. Koontz is pretty hit-and-miss.  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Shade Skypage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:37 pm
I've only read Velocity and The Husband, though both were excellent. Velocity makes you want to be paranoid and double check that your doors are locked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:59 pm
I really liked Lightning and one that had something to do with a red door. The guy is like an ex-seal or something and he meets this girl who's in some sort of trouble. An evil government agency is after her and they start hunting the guy too, only to discover that he's got secret identities up the wazoo but no one knows why he would have secret identities or who he really is. I'd go on but I don't want to ruin it.  

Annikaya

deathwalkingterror

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:06 pm
I really enjoyed his book Whispers.  
Literature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items