Would you have a Goth wedding? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

trampyre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:59 pm
SarahArden
I'd sure as hell have a kickass funeral.

But yeah if my spouse let me, I'd have a goth civil union. I don't know why but even if I married a man, I'd want a civil union as opposed to a marriage. I would not want religion playing any factor whatsoever because a) my odds of finding a hot Wiccan are not really that good and b) I don't know what a "wiccan" wedding is like and I don't want anything creepy and c) no one else in my family is Wiccan.

So anyway, my civil union:

Red carpets
Black cloth over everything
Red roses in black vases
Black candles in silver holders
Red and black tuxes and dresses for the "wedding party"
Flower girl sprinkling dried red roses
Song for when I walk down the aisle would be some piano solo from CORPSE BRIDE

Some of my good friends had a Wiccan wedding, it was a civil wedding recognised by our province. The bride wore a beautiful brown dress with beaded embroidery, it was very Earth-mothery, and the the groom wore a nice shirt and a tie. I think they privately handfasted in the traditional way, whereas the civil union ceremony was more of a generic civil union with a bit of Wiccan flair.

And yes, there are lots of Wiccan boys out there. For some reason I see more of them than Wiccan girls....Now what is up with that? xd ...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:47 pm
I don't want to get married BUT the idea of a gothic wedding sounds very fun.

I'd have it in St. Catherines Cathedral because it's very very old and very very cool.
I'd have a wicked-cool black wedding dress. Dead rose petals. Creepy little flower girls. Black candles. Instead of the wedding march I'd have the funeral music. They both start off the same anyway. And a hearse instead of a limo.

Sounds like fun razz

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

legz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:19 pm
spooky_sez

I'd have it in St. Catherines Cathedral because it's very very old and very very cool.
I'd have a wicked-cool black wedding dress. Dead rose petals. Creepy little flower girls. Black candles. Instead of the wedding march I'd have the funeral music. They both start off the same anyway. And a hearse instead of a limo.

Sounds like fun razz

i've always wanted to rent a hearse for prom..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:47 pm
legz
spooky_sez

Sounds like fun razz

That's a great idea!!!!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:16 am
I'd like a black wedding dress. Brides maid dresses would be red.

Nothing too over the top, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:11 am
I wouldn't, it just wouldn't be kinda normal in a way.  

GreedsLittleEdo

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:25 pm
Nah. I'd much prefer an old Irish wedding out in the middle of nature ^-^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:44 am
legz
spooky_sez

Sounds like fun razz

I had a hearse for graduation.

^_^

MortSanglant

Merry Platypus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:14 pm
My mother has discussed a future wedding with me on multiple occasions, and during all of them stated beforehand "It can't be black". I've already mentioned gray. Apparently this is also a no.

If by some chance I do end up married, she can plan the ceremony.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:08 pm
trampyre
I think I'd have a goth-y wedding. I'd have it at night, under the stars. I'd have a choir singing a mix of mediaeval chants, a lute player, a harper, and pianist for the ceremony. For the reception, I'm not really sure what I'd do in terms of music. I think it would be planned in conjunction with my partner...so possibly a mixture of big band, folk, ambient, old skool goth, techno... who knows.

I don't know if I'd wear a black dress. It would be sooo cool to wear full Victorian Mourning attire...but I guess it depends on who I was marrying, and what we both thought was appropriate.

I've always thought it might be neat to have a wedding in the winter... Although perhaps not the most practical choice... think of the pictures, full of beautiful, white, sparkling snow... User Image

Ah, yes. Great choices. I too would like to have a wedding at night, in the snow on a full moon. I've always wanted a black and red dress, like in Helena, just much more formal, you know? And a bouquiet of black, white, and red roses, and maybe a dark blue one or two 3nodding Amazing music choices, too. I would like the cerimonie to take place in a nice, big, old style church with a high ceiling. It's a long ways off, though XD  

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:33 pm
I really don't know. It just hit me today that I might want to consider a Phantom of the Opera theme. My darling and I both love Phantom of the Opera... Hmmm. Maybe have said wedding in a big, spooky old cathedral at nighttime. My boquet would consist of red and black roses held together with black ribbons. And we could have the music playing and everything... I might want to base my wedding dress on something Christine wears, but perhaps with the addition of some black lace maybe. Maybe I'll design it myself. I don't know. I know I want it to be amazing, and perhaps by that time Amy Lee will have signed on to fulfill one of her dreams, that is, to portray Christine in the musical, and if so... Ohhh my gosh. Count on me attempting to get tickets for opening night. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:20 pm
yea goth wedding would be nice  

poncho steve

Exquisite Cadavre

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:37 pm
I want a traditional wedding with goth aspects. There is a very strong vein of goth in white/victorian styles and I plan to use it to the fullest.

xD

Now..just to persuade whoever I'm marrying to do it..mm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:18 am
Dude, I want a wedding like this--

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C2R4x58nW0k

razz  

UraniumMonk

Paico

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:05 am
If I am gonna have a wedding, I would be wed under the full moon, on a warm autuum night, the sky filled with stars. My dress would be cyan, cuz I love that color and cant live without it. blaugh My bouquet would be orange roses, cuz they are my favorite. Music would be pianoversion of "Eyes On Me" playing on a stereo we bring along.

We will say our promises and be blessed by our family, and have a hell of a party until sunrise. ^w^  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff