white
  asian(spl)
  black
  mix/other
View Results

anastazia eckhart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:48 pm
Neko In The Hun Era(Goth)
Hey, ok im a seriously mixed race person, lets just say i have german japanese white black and more in me. But i have a light/slightly pale brown skin color and when I walk in the streets some ppl look at me like "wtf shes a black goth" or "such a poser" it makes me mad...but i wonder is it alright for me to be something i have been for 6 years?

it doesnt matter if you are black, white, purple, green, yellow, or clear. There are many black gothic people at the college i go to. Also mixed races as well are gothic here. There were about 25,000 people at X Fest. A concert that is held at the fairgrounds here where i live. about a third of the crowd there were of other races. it doesnt matter.

biggrin as long as you like it, then it should not matter what others think of you. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:59 pm
i really dont think that it matters what races you are made up of to me goth is an attitude not a clothing fashion so there... people consider me a poser sometimes and then they acctually get to know me and they see that i am what i am and that is goth ninja so send ninja of doom at people when they say you are a poser  

areana88

The Reused

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:06 pm
well im polish/croation so everyone thinks im russian..  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 am
Senchou Ari Mizuko
Who is this Blade everyone keeps mentioning?

Blade is a comic book/movie character played by Wesley Snipes. The greatest vampire/vamp hunter to ever live!  

UraniumMonk

Soviet_Viking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:45 am
Race has got nothing to do with it...if you're goth, you're goth. Amongst my "goth" friends I can count girls who are:

- Hawaiian/German/Chinese/Filipino/Portuguese
- Portuguese/Austrian
- European mishmash/Filipino
- Japanese/European mishmash
- Hispanic/French/Hebrew
- Irish/Hebrew/Native American
- Hawaiian/Norwegian/Spanish/Filipino/German/some other stuff

and guys who are:

- German/Filipino/Native American
- Filipino/Gypsy/Hindi/African/Random European ethnicities
- Hawaiian/European mishmash
- Mexican/European
- Hawaiian/Mexican/European mishmash

It's an attitude and mindset, not a race thing...though thankfully, Hawai'i being Hawai'i, there's no set race-based category as to what "group" people are supposed to belong to...at least, not that much.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:00 am
Darken_mortal
yeah your skin color doesnt matter if your goth or not, if that is the way you feel, continue being that way.

I totally agree don't pay them any mind..  

XxBloodyXWristxX

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:10 pm
you're so goth that your skin is has turned black!
lol ok bad joke

but it honestly doesnt matter
im mixed between native and irish so im a weird tannish colour
so be who you are man  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:59 pm
lol.

I'm the only Asian that voted.

Crepuscule

Crepuscule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:01 pm
And no, it doesn't matter what race you are. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:08 pm
I think black goths are awsome...there needs to be more...and black so what adds to the look lol...but i wish i was black...yeah...but i'm pale as hell...which sucks...  

Kamadev

dreaming_tonight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:56 pm
I know some black goths, and they're all pretty awsome people. Race has absoluetly NOTHING to do with goth. It's a mindset and interest thing and just how you are. It's not limited to race. You don't even have to dress "goth" to be goth. I know some people who are goth by a certain definition but you wouldn't know they were unless you got to know them well. They don't walk around announcing to the world that they're goth and calling themselves that. It's just who they are. Be proud of who you are and your skin tone!

As for this "pale" thing, I'm pale. I like it. But I like all skin tones. I just don't want my tone to get all tanned like a lot of other people do. And it kinda freaks me out how theyr'e all tanned, but underneath the suit they're all white. eek

(Crepuscule I know another goth Asian, your not alone. xd )  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:17 pm
User Image

User Image

I'm a black goth and I know exactly what you're talking about. But the fact is, being a black goth, a white goth, a mixed goth ect. is a beautiful thing. When you look out from wherever you are you can see the fakeness of people in your race and others. I hear constantly "Aren't you supposed to be ghetto?" or " Youre Goth? Youre so white!" Face them and show them you are proud of who you are. I feel proud of walking down the street and so should you. Next time someone talks s**t about you just tell them to kiss your black, white, european mixed gothic a**.  

nerdlover08

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces