Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:54 pm
I am the way I am because I like being the way I am. ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:19 pm
This is just how I like to dress and I like the darker side of things better.

But most of the time, I instead just label myself as "weird"  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Lyra_Sparks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:50 am
dressing the way i do makes me feel normal.......when those damn prepies dress skankily, they think its cool, but i dress darkly for the normality that i feel within meself.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:40 am
well it all started on december 16 1991 when i was born. For years after that i never fit in. I was called hitler because i was german. I was called evil cause i were so much black. Everyone hated me anyway so i started to wear eyeliner and fingernail polish. I've basically killed my mom,she thinks i'm gay because of all the makeup.  

scott the archangel

2aetH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:18 am
evilfaerie13
you see i don't really classify myself at all, people just do it for me. i dress the way i want when i wan and i follow my own drum beat you see. people call me a got hand i call it me being me. meh whatever i don't care. its all in the personality i guess and the music

3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:18 pm
Lyra_Sparks
dressing the way i do makes me feel normal.......when those damn prepies dress skankily, they think its cool, but i dress darkly for the normality that i feel within meself.

Exactly how I feel. I dress the way I like, and I dress the way I feel inside. I like dark things. Don't know why, I just do. People call me goth, and I just go along with it. Yes, I am a goth, and I love it! heart  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:25 pm
Why: It's simple, because if I didn't dress any other way, I wouldn't feel comfortable.
I wear black not as a fashion statement, to stick out, or to rebel against modernistic socities. No, I wear it for the color brings me comfort, it reminds me of space and the stars, and the moon ^_^. Plus, my whole family wears it, so we never noticed it was a "popular thing" til someone pointed it out to us.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:08 pm
I've always been morbid and a fan o' black. No reason really.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:48 pm
GilAskan
In my personal opinion, you can't really choose to be goth. Goth, in my definition, is an avid fan of goth-rock and supporter of the goth-culture. You can't really choose to like a genre of music, because of which, I don't really think you can choose to be goth.

I'm part of the culture and the music. I can't really see one "choosing" the music part and as for the culture part...I don't see why one would want to be something they aren't. Maybe they change a little from when they were young and decide that's not for them and to move on to something that suits them better.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:47 pm
Shrug... couldn't tell you, because i just say it as being beautiful i imagine  

Hel Daughter of Loki

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:05 pm
...I am who I am and thats who I am.....unless I say otherwise.... xp

....don't ask....little hyper....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:38 pm
Eh...people call me Goth..and they call me emo...that pisses me off, the emo thing...but the Goth thing doesn't bother me so much now that I'm out of High School...people used to throw water at me at lunch to see if I would dissolve...that pissed me off...

But I just have always loved the color black and started to wear it a lot...and also I've always loved the music that I listen to now so...yeah...  

Kiyama

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:38 am
so basically, why am I the way I am?

WELL...I have always been a child that was a candidate for gothiness: I was an opinionated, creative child who loved to delve into all forms of art, visual, writen, musical etc. I often found I had different opinions than everyone, I spent a lot of time alone, just thinking. I always wondered why everyone's opinions were the same. I often found beauty where others couldn't, and disgust for things that didn't bother them.

But alas, social pressure was too much for my weak child's mind. Athough I knew I was different, I also wanted to be liked. And so I conformed.

I remember one outfit I had in middle school that was quite dark and I loved it. And one of my friends said to me:
"that makes you look like a goth!"
"Maybe I am one!....Just joking!" I said, and then we laughed about it. I wasn't sure why I was laughing. I had no idea what a goth was. I had never come across one before.

Because of my L33T conforming skills, I was liked well enough. But I still felt like I was the odd one out. I knew that deep down I never was like the other girls my age. And I was completely miserable. Then I met my first goth.

I met thomas at a christian camp the summer before last. I saw him around the camp ground, didn't pay any attention to him. And then he introduced himself to me and we talked, and I realised: He was the first person I really truely liked, whose company I enjoyed, whose views I appreciated, and whom I respected completely. I recognized a lot of myself in him. And That was the beginning of my transformation.

I believe the biggest transformation was in the way I express my views and Show my personality. I gained a lot of self confidence because I could show who I really was and be proud of it. The physical/stylistic transformation in my eyes is less significant, and more a product of my own developing creativity than an imitation of thomas. Because I do not try to dress the same as other goths. My outfits are like artwork and I'm proud of them. But if my style of dress was taken from me, I would still be the same goth inside.

So in conclusion, I have always been a goth, I only recently realised it.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff