PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:23 am
I feel so profound.

xd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:06 pm
MortSanglant
I feel so profound.

xd

Lol, congratulations. 3nodding whee
I've never seen anyone quoted so many times in one thread.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:53 am
Today I'm dressed casual. Black skirt, yellow rubber boots, black with yellow flowers chinese style shirt and a Dalhousie university black zip up sweater.

Some days its just black jeans, black t-shirt, black combat boots.

On a dressy day You'll find me with a white frilly or lacey blouse, a dress or a skirt and a vest, maybe some accessories and 3 inch heel boots.

We don't all have to have the exact same sense of style here. Goth isn't all about style and music anyway. It's more of a mindset and personnality thing in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:07 am
Dead_Ed
I know we tend to get pissed-off at freaks who dress and makeup the s**t out of themselves at attempts to be goth, but is it also bad to be a little... too casual?

For example, here's a list of what I wear when I'm the most dressed-up:
*black Fruit of the Loom T-shirt
*silver cross medallion
*silver wristwatch
*Tripp pants
*black shoes
*skull-and-crossbone belt

I don't have any pictures, but suffice to say that it looks a little plain. Also, I listen to thrash metal a lot more than I listen to goth music so I often find myself in self-doubt about whether-or-not I really belong in this guild. gonk

Feel free to discuss your own opinions, and maybe share if you feel a little under-done too.

For the record, there's no such thing as dressing down too much, actually, wait, if that's your idea of dressing down then I must be naked o.o *in jeans and black tee*

As for belonging in this guild, of course you do, we don't give a s**t who's in here so long as you're polite, don't give other people s**t, and can spell properly (or at least attempt to) 3nodding  

Isobel Bellamy

Dark_Judje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:19 am
i try this outfit as much as possible:
-overzeas jeans
-sweater or zipped hoodie
-black shirt
-black shoes
-my pentagram
-my spiked bracelet  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:29 am
I often feel like I may not be identified as goth on the street, because what i most often wear is
*jeans
*black (maybe other color) T-shirt with some sort of band logo (most likely our high school band logo xd ),
*a hoodie,
*a random pair of converse.
*possibly some accesories, like my black choker from the dollar store if I can find it.
But I like alot of others who have posted in this thred believe 'goth' is more of a personality thing.  

Katanas Blade

Drax Orin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:25 pm
Hell the closest I've come to the stereotypical "Goth" look is when I wear my black khakis and a black (usually with some sort of slogan) t-shirt. As you can see from the few pictures I have posted I don't look the part. But isn't the important thing the state of mind, not the appearance usually associated with it?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:35 pm
i agree with the ppl that say you should be happy with who you are, but i feel under-done too. my parents dont agree with being goth, so they wont let me buy or whear alot of things that goth people wear, so i can relate. just do what you want, you know who you are, and in the end thas all that matters  

ever_and_a_day

-Isel-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:36 pm
"Dressing down" for me doesn't exist, I always go for one certain look each time I pick out what I'm gonna wear. Right now, I'm in jeans that look like they've been hit with a couple of shotgun blasts and a tight-fitting Merona black short-sleeved shirt.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:41 pm
Well, I dress is various ways, I will either be in skirts, multi-coloured socks/tights, new rocks, vest top, shirt, various accessories and hair falls... Then again, I could wear bondage pants, Capdown T-shirt, with net top underneath, and various accessories.

I really don't have a 'dress down'. Unless it's ******** freezing.. then I wear my purple woolen jumper, but we don't talk about that jumper very often.  

Dr. H Quinzel

grotesquekreeple

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:03 pm
i dont dress down i just dress as i am but my parents say im dressed down if i dont look like i could pass out and be misstaken for someone who fell out of a hearse.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:12 pm
Dead_Ed
I know we tend to get pissed-off at freaks who dress and makeup the s**t out of themselves at attempts to be goth, but is it also bad to be a little... too casual?

For example, here's a list of what I wear when I'm the most dressed-up:
*black Fruit of the Loom T-shirt
*silver cross medallion
*silver wristwatch
*Tripp pants
*black shoes
*skull-and-crossbone belt

I don't have any pictures, but suffice to say that it looks a little plain. Also, I listen to thrash metal a lot more than I listen to goth music so I often find myself in self-doubt about whether-or-not I really belong in this guild. gonk

Feel free to discuss your own opinions, and maybe share if you feel a little under-done too.

who cares if you aren't dressed up and have your face done up in theatrical white makeup and your hair died jet black.....or whatever else you might associate with dressing goth..
be you..don't be goth to dress like everyone else...(er well..everyone else here that is)  

ketchakik

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:35 pm
Dead_Ed
...Also, I listen to thrash metal a lot more than I listen to goth music so I often find myself in self-doubt about whether-or-not I really belong in this guild.

What on earth does that have to do with anything?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:38 pm
MortSanglant
Dead_Ed
Well what I meant was is if too little constitutes as being not goth at all. I don't intend on getting any more lavish than my current look though because I don't want to accidentally step into the opposite end of the spectrum.

Why does it matter at all?

Can't you be happy with who you are? If you "falsely" identify with the gothic subculture and someone has a problem with it, it's their problem.

I agree. Have you all forgoten that Goth isnt a fashion statement it's a ******** state of mind. And so much more.  

Crazy_Vamp666

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces