Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
Why does POTC have such a wide appeal? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We pilfer, we plunder, we rifle and loot...
  Drink up, me 'earties, yo-ho!
View Results

loving_sorrow

Anxious Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:33 pm
Just because everyone loves pirates, heart Johnny Depp heart , && stare Orlando Bloom stare . After they saw how awesome the first movie was, who wouldn't want to see the second or third one??? Honestly. Who?!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 pm
Hudine Wolfspirit
For me it's Captain Jack Sparrow cause he's just such a fun character. He's not completly good or evil just like real life, and no matter what he gets into he always seems to escape out of it somehow.

And he's funny...  

x-Nadia-x

Kaeldra18

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:42 pm
I still find it funny that PotC made more than Harry Potter (I think) blaugh

I think it's because it appeals to people who like different genres. It is fantasy, but not a totally different world like LotR, and it's historical, but there's also mythology and old wives' tales involved. And of course, the forbidden love. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:25 pm
Three words that made it big:

Captain Jack Sparrow.

I rest my case.

Blaireaux

Crazy Anime Lover

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:42 pm
How about THIS:

Why WOULDNT it have sp much appeal ?!? Its for EVERYONE!

The youngsters +INCLUDEING me heart + - Are in it for Actors, action,and its a CLASIC

Adults - Meh, i think only adults can comprehend with adults ... so I cant answer that exclaim  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:26 am
The reason I wanted to see the film when I first saw the trailer was because, not only did it look AMAZING but I grew up adoring the PotC ride at Disneyland. Seriously, its my fave amusant park ride ever!

So I went along. And I loved it. I think its got something for everyone really. There's romance, action, comedy, fantasy and adventure. The actors are hot and Captain Jack Sparrow... well, he's Captain Jack Sparrow! Need I say more?

Also, films about pirates... well, they don't tend to be that good, and I can't think of a big blockbuster like PotC that's come out recently. Have there been any? I guess, in a way, it was quite different from lots of the other stuff out at the time. It was new, and to an extent... original.

And to conclude: Who doesn't want to be a pirate?  

Duchess of Dunbroch

Angelic Sex Symbol

Mermie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:35 pm
Because in this time we're all fantasy freaks! wink  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:30 am
I liked the ride so I went to see the movie. I liked the movie and I like the ride so I like the francise. I like the francise, but I don't buy the crap, whatcha gonna do  

Aka Kiba

Serenity-Revers

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:56 pm
I think its because everyone likes pirates and it just has a morld wide appeal.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:47 pm
Kaeldra18

I think it's because it appeals to people who like different genres. It is fantasy, but not a totally different world like LotR, and it's historical, but there's also mythology and old wives' tales involved. And of course, the forbidden love. xD

Totally...
I think the Harry Potter thing died after the 4th book and movie...  

Bigfoot9000

rockbunni13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:38 pm
but why is the RUM gone?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:09 am
Bigfoot9000
Kaeldra18

Totally...
I think the Harry Potter thing died after the 4th book and movie...

Pirate has 2 of the biggest stars EVER in it--Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom.

And I have recently read that Jack Davenport (Commdore Norrington heart ) is going to be in the next Harry Potter Movie!  

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Padfoot_Prongs_BP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:48 am
It's everything. Amazing protagonists and antagonists, some that go from protagonist to antagonist several times... Hot male characters (for the ladies)... Hot female characters (for the guys)... Adventure... Well developed plot... Drama... Comedy...

everyting  
Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces