Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:06 pm
Green Day? EMO?! rofl ...

That article was successful at both killing me inside and making me crap my pants out of laughter.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:10 am
Dead_Ed
Green Day? EMO?! rofl ...

That article was successful at both killing me inside and making me crap my pants out of laughter.

Yeah, Green Day, MCR, et la are pop--no two way around it.

And I lol'd. Are you sure this isn't supposed to be satire? Cos if it is, it's damn good...  

UraniumMonk

Paico

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:14 am
Omg, that was just stupid to read. xp Goth and Emo is a lifestyle, entirely different from person to person. It just hurt my mind reading this kind of bull. Are people so desperate to label us, just to feel less threatened by our lifestyle?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:33 am
IY_and_MCR
That was amusing.
Sad, but amusing.
Not sure weither to laugh or cry at that "cult" thing
I do feel a bit bd for the kids who's parents read that and have too little sense to see how it's a bit on the riddiculous side.
3nodding  

ringwraith10

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:41 am
"You can wear any colour you like so long as it's black"
smile

I didn't really have a problem with that article. It was just DESCRIBING the typical stereotype. It wasn't really anti-goth, it was more anti-cutting than anything else. It was just poorly written. And a little funny.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:38 am
Dorian Requiem
Err...

"too bloodless to lift a finger." We should introduce her to some of the vampire-goth out their, and I mean the ones that are closer to the stereotype too.
[/rant]

That comment from the writer really gets me steamed. I am definately not normal looking, tattoo's on the front of my neck and chest with many peircings in my face and such. Well, when employers look at me, they laugh and turn they're backs unless I am hidding these things. Now, if they gave me a chance to work for them, they would discover that I work harder and longer and more efficiantly than 70% of they're other employee's, and I have proved this.

So, just for being judgemental jerks, they loose out on getting a very reliable worker. *Shakes her fist*  

VividGreenDawn

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:59 pm
This article made me laugh, and made me angry at the same time. I think somebody needs to get their facts right.

I mean, come on. Green Day? Maybe I'm wrong, but last time I checked, Green Day was Punk, not Goth or Emo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:42 pm
What.. the....

People are silly.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

lamia vulpes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:14 am
ahhh.. I for one got a great kick out of reading this. And it only proves how truely stupid people really are. I mean, I'm "gothic" and definitely not boring, or whatever she said.

"too bloodless to lift a finger." Yes, I believe that's what she said. Hee, that made me laugh more than most of the other bullshit.
I know for a fact that I have plenty of blood to curl those fingers and can even prove it by shoving those bloodfilled fingers down her throat. That'll teach her. -nods angrily-

I love to party, and scream, mosh, hump things, man, I do /everything/ and yet I'm gothic/punk. amazing. truely amazing.

I really wish I could meet this person and show her how we really are.

As for the cult thing, I think it's sorta funny too. Is she saying that we're all brainwashed into wearing black? I know I wasn't. Though I am guilty of brainwashing a few younger children who are now my minions of evil, (but that's a story for another time )

And, I believe I have done my share of ranting.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:06 am
Isobel Bellamy
GweeTree
*I don't see any cuts in that picture so she's not a real emo - or they didn't want to shock us.*

They don't show her arms in it, plus she's most likely just a model they hired. I was just hoping they'd at least put on the regulation amount of eyeliner on her for ease of emo spotting for fretful parents rolleyes

the girl in the photo is an actress in coronation street ( a british soap ) who acts like a goth.  

Broken and Damned

scott the archangel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:30 am
on the job issue some places you have to wear black. at hot topic you have to have at least five peircings to work there. also about it being a british paper the monarchy has always been against punk goth and emo since the sex pistols made god save the queen.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:16 pm
Isobel Bellamy
[Rosetta Stoned]
[It seems right on the marker to me]
[Emos are known as the fake depressed kids. That's basically what the *current* term refers to (Don't go on about how Emo's something different, I know ^^)]
[It's not like he said we all listen to Marylin manson and cut ourselves, which isthe general stereotype]
[Girls at girl's schools also tend to follow stereotypes such as emo a lot more, so he got that right too (I have many friends who go to a girl's school, many of them have cut themselves for a fad)]

[Also, Goths do tend to wear black. It's the main color, and saying that's all they wear is a lot easier than saying "Oh, and they wear red and other such colors", when they're trying to makea point]

First off, the article was written by a woman.

Also, she called goth and emo "cults", a cult is something you get brainwashed into, not one goth that I know has ever been forced into being goth. Now, if you don't find that she called a subculture you are (apparently) involved in a cult offencive, that's your opinion, but I for one find it disgusting that it is allowable in the media to spead yet more lies that aren't researched properly.

When it comes to people saying that we listen to Marilyn Mason or that we are a "dangerous teenage cult" I'd much rather perfer that I get labelled as a Mansonite than a mindless drone.

Yes, she got the stereotype, right, but she presented this as fact. I know people who's parents, friends and damned teachers read the Daily Mail. It is already hard enough to walk around in black in this country, it is not needed that we must have yet more falsehood reinforced upon us.

Well doy, of course I know that black is the main colour of goth. Though, it is kind of hard to see past the blinding flourecent pink at Sisters of Marcy concerts. stare

[Fine, "She" then. What difference does that make? rolleyes ]

[They use the word "Cult" to make it stronger. All news articles use words to make people believe it's worse than it is.]
[It's not lying, she's just stupid and wants to make people believe her. Fortunately most people that read the news aren't really that stupid that they'd believe that it's a cult.]

[In England? Not really. You can wear black wherever you want, if you get s**t for it, ignore it, the type of people saying thngs probably don't read the news and they'd say things either way.]
[They're idiots.]

[You acted as though it was abad thing that she said we all wore black. You just completely missed my point stare ]

Genica Pussywillow

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:19 pm
Sorceress Ameneka
This article made me laugh, and made me angry at the same time. I think somebody needs to get their facts right.

I mean, come on. Green Day? Maybe I'm wrong, but last time I checked, Green Day was Punk, not Goth or Emo.

[Punk is dead, and Green day are now generally considered emo.]
['Cause they play on MTV (I think everything is apparently emo, nowadays, anyway rolleyes )]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:11 pm
Many just rely on what they see or on rumors. They don't bother with the facts and sometimes it's just hard to educate someone on the difference. Usually it's better to ignore the ignorant.  

Angel Bruja

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:17 pm
l.m.a.o

that is all  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items