Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:42 pm
I like the Hitchhiker-esque tone of the Guide. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:49 pm
stellarmagic
Um... Why am I now damned by you Cale?

I imagine said damnation by Cale would applied to whoever brought it to 13. xd  

AFK Masturbating

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:35 pm
Celestia Whitesword
I like the Hitchhiker-esque tone of the Guide. 3nodding

Thats what we're shooting for.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:54 pm
Well... I've determined that the Legacy era Galactic Empire still has a whole in its defenses... They don't have a replacement yet for the Imperial-II and III which they fought the vong with, so I've got another Starship concept for you guys. I know the creation of new ship classes is something that drives some of you a little mad... It kind of irritates me a little bit that we have to rely on making up so many vessels for the era.

Anyway, here's a concept for the replacement for the Imperial-III class Star Destroyer. The Nemeisis-class.

User Image

Actually, in terms of who should be able to get their hands on this sort, both Vaan and Darth Krayt would have easy access. I'm also thinking about designing some combat ships for the Community to start using... it really sucks relying on 100+ year old designs when the Empire has got the cutting edge in technology.  

stellarmagic

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:11 pm
stellarmagic
Well... I've determined that the Legacy era Galactic Empire still has a whole in its defenses... They don't have a replacement yet for the Imperial-II and III which they fought the vong with, so I've got another Starship concept for you guys. I know the creation of new ship classes is something that drives some of you a little mad... It kind of irritates me a little bit that we have to rely on making up so many vessels for the era.

Anyway, here's a concept for the replacement for the Imperial-III class Star Destroyer. The Nemeisis-class.

User Image

Actually, in terms of who should be able to get their hands on this sort, both Vaan and Darth Krayt would have easy access. I'm also thinking about designing some combat ships for the Community to start using... it really sucks relying on 100+ year old designs when the Empire has got the cutting edge in technology.

Well think about it this way.

The Old Republic used Acclamators. 75 years later, the New Republic/GFFA/Remnant were using Imperial IIs and upgraded models. So I think it's safe to say that the I-2 wasn't replaced by 100 years after the Acclamtor was created. That being said, consider theese ships an evolution of the I-2 such as the Accalmator into an I-2.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:17 pm
Well in Star Wars a capital ship design has a lifespan of about 30 years. The Imperial I came into service just a week after the end of the Clone Wars. The Imperial II came into service shortly before Hoth, and the Imperial III was just coming into service when Pelleaon signed the peace treaty with the New Republic.

The same thing is true of the Victory series, it entered service during the height of the Clone Wars, the Victory II had already begun replacing the Victory I by Yavin, and the Victory III or Harrow-class saw service under the the clone Emperor.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:43 pm
Why would Vaan have access to imperial technology if he's no longer part of the imperium's navy?

30 years is also one generation.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:57 pm
My big question is: what manner of descendants would we see of Rebel ships, such as Corvettes and X-wings?

If you look at Freya's bio, you may notice I attempted to conjure up something in keeping with the YT numerical theme. As for what it looks like, I kind of picture a hybrid of the Falcon and the Outrider.  

AFK Masturbating

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:15 pm
Nelowulf
Why would Vaan have access to imperial technology if he's no longer part of the imperium's navy?

I'm working under the assumption that there was sharing of technology as part of the earlier alliance and the design of this ship could well be one of the technologies that was shared.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:17 pm
So... Corellian vessels of a more modern vintage.

User Image
User Image  

stellarmagic

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:20 pm
Nelowulf

30 years is also one generation.

The Chiss based some of their designs of fof Imperial techonolgy, ie. the Chiss Star Destroyer, and the Nssithh-class Claw Craft  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:05 pm
stellar: Those are nice, dude! ^^  

AFK Masturbating

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:33 am
well, i guess this is a good place to submit my design for the Omega-class imperial shuttle.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

kinda ugly in the side view =/ but i didn't use a ruler, and i might re-do the lineart on the compy.

it can be piloted by one person in an emergency (evidenced by Ebony's sole piloting, tho she is a special droid [details explained later]) but ideally has a crew consisting of the pilot, main gunner, navigator/copilot, and an engineer or general technical supervisor. plus a gunner for the rear cannon, which of course can only fire aft, port, and starboard. the two small blaster cannons are at the tip of the top wing on rotating turrets, one on each side, they mostly serve the same function as the blasters on the Lambda, but with an increased field of fire. the heavy laser cannons are the main offensive weapon, though there are cuncussion missile launchers on top of the craft, each with a mag of 10 missiles (or they can be proton torpedo launchers, each with a mag of 7 missiles). it can hold the crew, including the rear gunner, along with one passanger in the cockpit, and can hold 30 sitting troops or 130 metric tons of cargo in the aft compartment.

it's either a heavily armed personal shuttle (the aft section can be converted to more luxurious accommodations) or a lightly armed, small troop/equipment transport.

as i'm sure i've said before, i'mma do guns too.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:00 am
ND's our gun expert. ^_^  

AFK Masturbating

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:33 pm
Interesting design... Here's my take on it.

User Image  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces