Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Pre-Made and Shrink-Wrapped Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DR490N

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:19 pm
got a feeling from her though. there was alot of energies in that place as well. i fed off of some of them and my head was spinning a bit by the time i got out of there.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:18 pm
DR490N
I visited a shop today called "the mystic book shop"...and was highly disappointed. there were a few things of interest there, such as a book on basic magick which i had considered getting, having little experience with magic myself, but decided against it.

i went in with my christian mother and my girlfriend, which was rather amusing. the woman who owns the store had decidedly 'witchy' hair, which i found quite amusing, but the books and everything there was very much...wiccan....i dont like wicca and i think that people are foolish to use it as a 'safe' route, and would just once like to find a book store carrying something devoted to necromancy or energy work that doesnt have to do with healing or whatever, or something on druidism, but seem to find nothing. just "love spells" "paganism for idiots", some crap by silver ravenwolf, and other books that didnt look at all appealing, as well as a collection of crystal balls and various items with pentacles on them. not even any magickal ingredients save for some incense. quite disappointing. the woman made some mention while talkign to my mother about crystals to "the crow in me likes this"(referring to herself), so perhaps she's a therian. her cat was odd too. she had a bad back and bit my hand quite hard, and hit my girlfriend a couple times. my guess is its because the cat is territorial and doesn't like other cats in the store(the girlfriend is a cat therian).

i ended up buying myself a blank book with a dragon on the cover to utilize as a book of shadows, seeing as i'm startign to get a bit paranoid of my mother finding the few spells i've written down and lecturing me for an hour or so on what a horrible person i am for thinking anything other than christianity could ever possibly be correct.

so, i bought the book and left, and dont think i'll be going back there.
You're mom would freak out about you having spells, but was okay with you going into that sort of book store?
o_O;  

Jezehbelle

iolitefire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:20 am
I've had mixed experiences with pagan shops. There were none in my hometown since it was uber Christian. Church on every corner type of place.
Anyway, where I live now is more open minded about such things. The had a pagan store in the mall which sold things like the usual beginning pagan/wiccan books, some overpriced stones, incense, etc. Not bad but very....focused on Wicca and wicca like paths. What really turned me off about the place was the fact that it had...inappropriate items of a blatant sexual nature in the back. Objects that really had no reason in being there unless people like buying fuzzy handcuffs with their tarot cards. So yeah, yikes.

The other shop in town was given a bad rap because it was 'New Age.' While its not pagan in name, it sells a big variety of tarot/fortune cards, lots of high quality crystals and stones, hand made candles and incense, music, etc. A lot more of an Eastern flair which is why most pagans in the area didn't connect with it since they were more Western in their beliefs.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:34 pm
yes. mom didnt know that it was that kind of store. i asked for books on energy work and she gave me a funny look. she also wants me to go back though and get a book on crystals for her, though it isnt on crystal magick, just what each crytal is representative of and what it supposedly does.  

DR490N

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:10 pm
I have one pagan store in my area. It is nice, they have good stuff, but the incense is wayyy to strong, and everything is velvety, and purple...a wee bit too muck Wicca for my tastes...But they have a corner wayy in the back that focuses on Druidry, and other Celtic stuff. I think because it was owned by a guy who goes over to Ireland all the time...and brings stuff like that back. I once found a statue of Epona sitting on a horse there...

I am probably their favourite costomer! I am the only one who buys the Druidry stuff! lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:18 pm
There's two in my area that I know of. They're very cool, though over-priced as most are. They have 3 bookshelves (1 big, 2 small) with a wide variety of books on all sorts of things. As for insense and herbs and other such things, they could use a bit more. I only saw sage and sweet grass in there for herbs, and the insense was okay. They don'thave any tarot cards or anything else, but thay're not just a "new age" or witchy store. they have jewelry and posters and funny toys and notebooks (far too over-priced) as well.

I've been to most of the ones in Salem (my friend has an aunt up there and I'm part of the family so I go up to visit too xd ). Soo much of it is commercialized, but they had some cool stuff in there as well. I saw a wide variety of crystals and I approved greatly of one shop's quantity and quality of herbs. The crow haven corner store had an awesome array of books.

Laurie Cabot's shop really turned me off. There was pictures of her everywhere which I thought was very self-absorbed of her to do. Oh, and she was selling Harry Potter books in there. wtf? That I thought was really stupid. I love the books, but putting them in the store of the "official witch of salem" (which she self proclaimed, btw) really just made me think of her as a commercial person. Why would you need such a thing in a witchy store? srsly..

As for the shop you were in? I would not go there again. That would have greatly turned me off as well. A customer should be able to know everything they can about the product they're purchasing beforehand.

Creepy Albino Fish

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:28 pm
ILuvEire
I have one pagan store in my area. It is nice, they have good stuff, but the incense is wayyy to strong, and everything is velvety, and purple...a wee bit too muck Wicca for my tastes...But they have a corner wayy in the back that focuses on Druidry, and other Celtic stuff. I think because it was owned by a guy who goes over to Ireland all the time...and brings stuff like that back. I once found a statue of Epona sitting on a horse there...

I am probably their favourite costomer! I am the only one who buys the Druidry stuff! lol

tee hee funny story, I think I may havve found the very first pagan store that is not all purple and velvety, and actually sells quality items. It is littereally down the street from me...you would think I would notice a huge sign that says "Natural Magick." It even has a very cutesy website (a draw back to me) www.naturalmagickstore.com  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:14 am
they have a store like that a few miles away from my old high school  

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items