Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I'm getting a bit frustrated with certain things in here.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

*Growls*
o.o
100%
 100%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 23

Dystopia Lycanthropia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:03 pm
Thanks for all the bitchiness, everyone.
When I REFERRED TO THE WORD "Satanic," I was referring to the religion. Got it??
Forget it.
Don't even post in here anymore.
Just delete the damn topic.
Nevermind. I quit the guild.

By the way, O ******** guild-owner, I never told you to ban the damn words.

Bye.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:00 pm
No. cry I'm sorry!  

Gachetemas

The Man who was Thursday

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:14 pm
Woohoo! VICTORY  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:48 am
Gachetemas
And Satan is not to be confused with satin! They have completely different meanings.

XD

whoa, it looks like someone can't take criticism and correction. (referring to comment made by topic creator)  

dianersj

Gachetemas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 pm
dianersj
Gachetemas
And Satan is not to be confused with satin! They have completely different meanings.

XD

whoa, it looks like someone can't take criticism and correction. (referring to comment made by topic creator)

It was a joke! I thought it would be funny. You know? Hehehe? Do you know what satin is? Some people spell Satan incorrectly as in You are ALL going to burn in Hell with SATIN! but satin is a fabric, so...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:23 am
Sometimes it slips out my mouth.
"Man, this s**t's gay!"
I just look at my lesbian friend and say, "No offense."
I've been trying to stop, but it's a force of habit. That's what happens to you when you grow up in the South. But I understand you. Satanists are not what a lot of people think them to be.
And I've only heard "satanic" used in reference to Satan, because, let's face it, that's probably where the adjective derived from. So, I don't know what you guys are talking about.  

Missy Wyvern

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:13 pm
Goth_chi
I do use the term "gay" in a negative way sometimes... and I have quite a few Homosexual and Bisexual friends. When someone gets offended by the way I have used it I tell them this:

I know Gay originally meant happy, But now means Homosexual. Another slang term for Homosexual/gay these days is "queer"... Queer means odd... So when So when i say that something is Gay I am inturn saying that that particular thing is Odd.

^.^ That usually shuts people up. I know what the words mean and I will continue to use them in my weird way... it's like a word association.

Thank you."Gay" does mean happy, and I often use it in that respect, but I also use in a negative way. I use the word "gay" a lot, as well as "queer" and I do not care if someone takes offence. I don't believe that I should have to change my vocabulary to fit someone else's views, people have go by what they believe in. Really, it's hard to go through life without being offended. There will always be something offensive to someone, but not to someone else.

As for Satanism. Before I decided that religion of any type was a pointless thing to me and a conflict starter, I looked into Satanism. You're right in the fact that it does not always have to do with Satan or anything demonic. But this is what it is. Stereotypes.

We stereotype everything nowadays. We give things ambiguous labels.

Another prime example of stereotypes is what happened with Luna Ishukan. There's a muslim stereotype, and people acted on it. It's sad and stupid, yes, but can we stop it? No. We just have to deal.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:59 pm
I don't use the word "gay" as a derogatory term, but I do call people that I hate "FAGs." Although when I say it, I mean it as an acronym, standing for Fighting Against Gayness, which means I'm calling them a homophobe, which means they're morons.

And as far as Satanic goes, hell, if I ever decide on any religion, it will probably be Satanism.  

Slappy the Ninja

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:40 pm
Rose the Homicidal Maniac
Goth_chi
I do use the term "gay" in a negative way sometimes... and I have quite a few Homosexual and Bisexual friends. When someone gets offended by the way I have used it I tell them this:

I know Gay originally meant happy, But now means Homosexual. Another slang term for Homosexual/gay these days is "queer"... Queer means odd... So when So when i say that something is Gay I am inturn saying that that particular thing is Odd.

^.^ That usually shuts people up. I know what the words mean and I will continue to use them in my weird way... it's like a word association.

Thank you."Gay" does mean happy, and I often use it in that respect, but I also use in a negative way. I use the word "gay" a lot, as well as "queer" and I do not care if someone takes offence. I don't believe that I should have to change my vocabulary to fit someone else's views, people have go by what they believe in. Really, it's hard to go through life without being offended. There will always be something offensive to someone, but not to someone else.

As for Satanism. Before I decided that religion of any type was a pointless thing to me and a conflict starter, I looked into Satanism. You're right in the fact that it does not always have to do with Satan or anything demonic. But this is what it is. Stereotypes.

We stereotype everything nowadays. We give things ambiguous labels.

Another prime example of stereotypes is what happened with Luna Ishukan. There's a muslim stereotype, and people acted on it. It's sad and stupid, yes, but can we stop it? No. We just have to deal.

Yep, that's me. I recently found out that elementary schools have that same thing. Stereotypes, I mean. My neice, her 'enemy' is the third grade bully, and calls her the terrorist of the school.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:15 pm
I'm tired of all this bitching about free speech. Everyone is getting worked up about "gay" and "satanic". If I hear any more flaming in this thread, I'm locking it down.  

Zealot of Insanity

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:16 pm
This kind of arguements are the kind of things that I get frustrated over.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:24 pm
metalmalzan
I'm tired of all this bitching about free speech. Everyone is getting worked up about "gay" and "satanic". If I hear any more flaming in this thread, I'm locking it down.

Who are you?

You just necroed the thread. Way to go.  

The Man who was Thursday

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:14 pm
Messenger_Of_The_Moon
Thanks for all the bitchiness, everyone.

So, having an opinion that is not your own now constitutes "bitchiness"? Truly openminded, you are.

Messenger_Of_The_Moon

When I REFERRED TO THE WORD "Satanic," I was referring to the religion. Got it??

This makes me just laugh, simply because it's exactly opposite of what you said in the first post, "The first person who tries to drag religion into this . . . is going to go on my hit list". Way to make sense there, bud.

Messenger_Of_The_Moon

Forget it.
Don't even post in here anymore.
Just delete the damn topic.

So wait, first you can tell us to stop using words you find distasteful, and then you think you can tell the members whether or not they can post, and now you think you can tell the staff what they can do?! Find me something sharp I can pop your swelling ego with.

Messenger_Of_The_Moon

Nevermind. I quit the guild.

Frankly, I couldn't be happier, after your two posts I've read so far.

Messenger_Of_The_Moon

By the way, O ******** guild-owner, I never told you to ban the damn words.

I'd really like to know what else your whole topic here could have been doing. By the way, I doubt that defending the rights of our members to use whatever words they want deems us "********."

Messenger_Of_The_Moon

Bye.

Same to you, and this thread, which I proclaim LOCKED.

Also, I apologize to the rest of the guild for my crudity in answering this post. Some things just get me riled up.

Also (again), Ezra, metalmalzan is a moderator here, and should be treated with respect. The thread was only abandoned for about 2 weeks, posting here would hardly be worth calling 'necroing'.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff