how can they when they don't know you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poncho steve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:46 pm
GilAskan
A lot of the stereotypes (perhaps, most of the stereotypes) come from mallcore who intentionally or accidentally such stereotypes.
define mallcore  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:34 pm
It's like that with me too. Especially since I'm Wiccan I'm like, the stereotype of the universe rolleyes

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

lamia vulpes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:57 pm
Okami_Sensei

NO offense, but my explanation might be better, since I am a psychologist (not yet, at least)

It's called "ignorance", "bigotry", and "xenophobia"; the latter meaning a fear or intense dislike of foreign concepts. People's minds are programmed to be in the exact cookie-cutter format that society wants; SO fkin flexible that their whole fking lives are built upon and around it. Hence those "ghetto fabulous" people. (NO offense). They sag their pants, whore off their virginities, and discuss oral sex WHEN THE FKING TEACHER'S BACK IS TURNED!!!! (It's happened.)

These people are the main opposition of goth. They are the ones that give us the most trouble. Them, and their high-and-mighty (color!), I'm-holier-than-thou-art act, when they condone prostitution, contemplate impregnating one another, and beat women! How can they act all righteous?

In closing, it's all a matter of they don't understand, and they are really stupid.

^^ I agree completely. And I don't know if I'm the only one, but I just think these ghetto people are ******** hilarious! I mean, don't you people know where sagging came from? and no, it's not the gangs out on the street being cool.
( sorry for my language... but i couldn't think of anything else to put in there! )
Sagging is from the prisons. It was a sign from one guy to another, telling them all that he was easy, and sagged for a ******** 'n run sort of thing. xD which makes me laugh every time I see some "gangster" walking down the hall with his pants around his knees. xDDD
And also, the pant sizes were usually all the same, so the smaller, more vulnerable men would be scrawny, and therefore their pants wouldn't fit them as well as a fit man, and usually the small, helpless ones are the ones who get taken advantage of.. am I right? lmao.

yea, rambling about a** rapes. -sigh-

(( * I haven't really done any certain research on this, so you will probably correct me, I'm just repeating what I've learned. ))  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:09 pm
poncho steve
GilAskan
A lot of the stereotypes (perhaps, most of the stereotypes) come from mallcore who intentionally or accidentally such stereotypes.
define mallcore

People who enjoy listening to HIM.

razz razz razz  

UraniumMonk

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:34 pm
Okami_Sensei
evilfaerie13
thats is called "i think i am better than you but am really scared shitless of you and/or new things"syndrome... i have kind of gotten used to it since i little in a little s**t stain of a town...

NO offense, but my explanation might be better, since I am a psychologist (not yet, at least)

It's called "ignorance", "bigotry", and "xenophobia"; the latter meaning a fear or intense dislike of foreign concepts. People's minds are programmed to be in the exact cookie-cutter format that society wants; SO fkin flexible that their whole fking lives are built upon and around it. Hence those "ghetto fabulous" people. (NO offense). They sag their pants, whore off their virginities, and discuss oral sex WHEN THE FKING TEACHER'S BACK IS TURNED!!!! (It's happened.)

These people are the main opposition of goth. They are the ones that give us the most trouble. Them, and their high-and-mighty (color!), I'm-holier-than-thou-art act, when they condone prostitution, contemplate impregnating one another, and beat women! How can they act all righteous?

In closing, it's all a matter of they don't understand, and they are really stupid.
I'm quite surprised someone who says they will soon be a psychologist didn't even put in the idea and reason of stereotypes. Shame on you, you pseudoscientist. Remember, bring in all the ideas, because not everyone is the same.

The fact is, a lack of knowledge and experience on any group of people (can be a country as a whole; ex:"France hates Americans.") creates a stereotype from what little is known. At least you put in ignorance, which is what leads to stereotypes, but still isn't the same.

Jeez, this is basic high school Psychology, which I am currently taking. Also, stereotypes doesn't necessarily include fear or hate. Ex: "Canadians are peaceful." While that seemingly tends to be true, it's proven false by the shooting they had there not long ago. How long has it been, a month?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:46 pm
xxchibi_overlordessxx
Gothic~Elmo
How could they get used us and the way we are when alot of the time we do the same to them.
You can't tell me you never looked at a prep and said "Ew, what a snobby b***h."

It's just the vicious circle of social life. Preps call goths freaks, goths call preps bitches, we all yell about for a while, we get over it, and then it starts all over again.

We are the neo generation of "goths".We could change that.We don't try to change towards them so their attitude towards us will stay the same.Show them you're not a freak.Show them you're just as cool as they are.We are a click like them just with a different twist. gonk It's only clothing and over all attitude.We are all people!

@Crazy_vamp- Thank you.^.^

Mz.Wiggles

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:26 am
I personally can't blame people too much, because from the outside looking in one might find a darkly dressed person as pretty creepy.

People fear things they don't understand, and some unfortunate ignorants are just too quick to judge.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:51 am
Gothic~Elmo
How could they get used us and the way we are when alot of the time we do the same to them.
You can't tell me you never looked at a prep and said "Ew, what a snobby b***h."

I agree with you on this, and I think that it's part of peoples nature to judge.
You always have a first opinion about someone, and most of the time that opinion changes when you get to know someone.
However I've noticed a lot that people won't even speak to me for the way that I look and that is wat bothers me.  

sweet616

Nazo no Kanjojin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:35 pm
lamia vulpes
Okami_Sensei

^^ I agree completely. And I don't know if I'm the only one, but I just think these ghetto people are ******** hilarious! I mean, don't you people know where sagging came from? and no, it's not the gangs out on the street being cool.
( sorry for my language... but i couldn't think of anything else to put in there! )
Sagging is from the prisons. It was a sign from one guy to another, telling them all that he was easy, and sagged for a ******** 'n run sort of thing. xD which makes me laugh every time I see some "gangster" walking down the hall with his pants around his knees. xDDD
And also, the pant sizes were usually all the same, so the smaller, more vulnerable men would be scrawny, and therefore their pants wouldn't fit them as well as a fit man, and usually the small, helpless ones are the ones who get taken advantage of.. am I right? lmao.

yea, rambling about a** rapes. -sigh-

(( * I haven't really done any certain research on this, so you will probably correct me, I'm just repeating what I've learned. ))

No fooling? GAWD! I'm gonna use that to my FULL advantage. *insert evil laugh*  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff