Reply ~ Main Forum ~
The truth about wiccans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DrowRayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:23 pm
that remake of wiker man is a good example of that stupid steryotype s**t.
they portrayed pagans like bloodthirsty cultists. i had never been so insulted in my life.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:44 pm
I am wiccan and I know what you mean!!!  

Fire Panther

amberkat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:44 pm
I have a few comments, really.

1. Satanists can use whatever they want razz If they want to use the pentacle or the pentagram or a heart, they will. Many symbols that you wouldn't THINK have satanic double meanings actually do, such as a lightning bolt, the peace sign, and whatnot.

So yeah; it's wrong to assume that just because you used it, you're a Satanist. Inform people about its positive meanings! But yes, there are darker meanings, as well as darker uses.

2. You can't use a symbol in your religion and then say things like "it's just a symbol guys; get over it." Try getting educated. Symbols have more power than almost anything we can dream up (save if you count the fact that if I just stand there talking while you carve me into pieces with a knife...).

Language is only symbols. Your words, this forum, it's all symbols. Letters, words, pictures, designs, are extremely powerful. They really CAN and SHOULD (cuz gee, part of what defines us as human is our symbol usage) evoke strong reactions and emotions and ideas.

Symbols can be used to rally and brainwash, by Hitler or in cults. They can be used to subjugate peoples and women. They can be used to empower. They can be used for anything.

3. Instead of complaining, just educate, eh? I mean, do you think that Buddhists or Muslims or Atheists or Protestants or Baptists have it any easier? Everyone is ignorant about everyone else. There are stereotypes and ideas about anything and everything. We all have to deal with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:39 pm
amberkat

2. You can't use a symbol in your religion and then say things like "it's just a symbol guys; get over it." Try getting educated. Symbols have more power than almost anything we can dream up (save if you count the fact that if I just stand there talking while you carve me into pieces with a knife...).

Language is only symbols. Your words, this forum, it's all symbols. Letters, words, pictures, designs, are extremely powerful. They really CAN and SHOULD (cuz gee, part of what defines us as human is our symbol usage) evoke strong reactions and emotions and ideas.

Symbols can be used to rally and brainwash, by Hitler or in cults. They can be used to subjugate peoples and women. They can be used to empower. They can be used for anything.

The thing about symbols is that they are just symbols. They don't have any sort of universal meaning. In a language, for example, a culture assigns meanings to symbols, but an outsider has no way of automatically understanding these connections. To the same effect, if you write code in Java and try to compile it with a C compiler it's not going to work very well, because the set of connections between the symbols and meanings is different.  

UraniumMonk

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:21 am
amberkat and Uranium Monk, you both speak true. But even though a symbol isn't always universal and can vary by culture, as language does, it doesn't mean that others can't be educated about them and have a sense of the meaning.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:46 pm
seriously... i studied satanism (no, its not about drugs and murdering small children/animals) and its really annoying that people call me a stupid satanist cause i wear a pentigram... ITS NOT SATANISTIC!!!!!!  

[CoinxOperatedxBoy]

Xyercies Uhtred Ragnar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:52 pm
quite true. peopel automaticly assume we of wiccan decent of upbringing are satanic offspring have a very bad habit for jumping to conclusions and hypocricy,  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:28 pm
I wore a "I heart HIM" shirt and instead of a regular heart it had the heartagram and my dad started freaking out saying it was a satanic symbol. I didn't laugh then, but I do now. rofl rofl rofl

Lexiegirl

celtic_faerie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:53 pm
darkrock64

a wiccan friend of mine told me tat not all satanists are bad.
i think tat wat she said is S**T

well, actually, it's not^^i'm not a satanist, nor a wiccan, but i have studied both in depth, and, at one point, practiced.

wicca is not the true form of the Old Religion. most of the rules and ways are based off of the origanal laws, but not all. like the law "an' harm ye none, do what ye will" in the Old Religion, there were human sacrifices. wicca was made up by a man, just like all the other religions, who apparently didn't do all of his homework.

satanism was made up as a rebellion to the christianity forced upon the people by a ruler who changed from a completely polytheistic way of life(as it had been for the past few centuries) to a monotheistic way of life. the people were forced to follow the teachings of the bible, which could only be read and interpreted by the upper class who had enough money to go to school to learn how to read. the people mixed the old ways with an inverted form of christianity, and made satanism. there is one law that i think i remember, but i may just be putting it into my own words: "if a man strike you, strike him down" this is an inversion to christ's words, "if a man strike you, turn the other cheek"

satanism is not wicca, but they do share many qualities. and not all satanists are bad. they are just like most everyone else, they just have a reason to be mean, if they must.

if i've made any mistakes, please, someone inform me through a pm so i can fix it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:52 pm
The movies and shows about that stuff wouldnt be so bad.

The problem though is that they have it in there own minds and try to drill it into everyone elses that Wiccan is bad.

Most the world is just as bad as hitler was, hateing a group or culture becuase its differnt from there own.

They trying and always have showed hatred for Wicca, and they always have showen hatred for the gothic culture as well. They wont except it.

Its pethetic how alot of people in this world think, when it comes to some one els, expecaily if there differnt.  

Crazy_Vamp666

Lady Djin

Ursine Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:09 pm
[+Plank+]
The pentacle is not a smybol of satin it is a ******** smymbol of

Air water fire earth and spirit!

Get that.

I hate thoser ******** that make those gay a** movies about wiccans bieng evil and sacrificing s**t!

WTF!

I feel the same way. I never hear the end of it, the people in my school are such ignorant gits!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:54 pm
celtic_faerie
darkrock64

a wiccan friend of mine told me tat not all satanists are bad.
i think tat wat she said is S**T

well, actually, it's not^^i'm not a satanist, nor a wiccan, but i have studied both in depth, and, at one point, practiced.

wicca is not the true form of the Old Religion. most of the rules and ways are based off of the origanal laws, but not all. like the law "an' harm ye none, do what ye will" in the Old Religion, there were human sacrifices. wicca was made up by a man, just like all the other religions, who apparently didn't do all of his homework.

satanism was made up as a rebellion to the christianity forced upon the people by a ruler who changed from a completely polytheistic way of life(as it had been for the past few centuries) to a monotheistic way of life. the people were forced to follow the teachings of the bible, which could only be read and interpreted by the upper class who had enough money to go to school to learn how to read. the people mixed the old ways with an inverted form of christianity, and made satanism. there is one law that i think i remember, but i may just be putting it into my own words: "if a man strike you, strike him down" this is an inversion to christ's words, "if a man strike you, turn the other cheek"

satanism is not wicca, but they do share many qualities. and not all satanists are bad. they are just like most everyone else, they just have a reason to be mean, if they must.

if i've made any mistakes, please, someone inform me through a pm so i can fix it.

Wikipedia has a pretty good article on Satanism, which I highly recommend reading as it is quite infomitive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

Satanism is basically a metareligious philosophy that says you have to take charge of yourself, or somebody else will take charge of you.  

UraniumMonk

Exodus2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:48 pm
[+Plank+]

Get that.

I hate thoser ******** that make those gay a** movies about wiccans bieng evil and sacrificing s**t!

WTF!

if it is, then so is the cross when you think of it, since they both can be used as satanic symbols  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:00 pm
[+Plank+]

Get that.

WTF!
yeh...on the day of 666 i wore the pentacle in a circle for my protection and people in my school were all 'omg! are yoo aw satan n at?' and i was like 'is it upside down? no. it is not a satan symbol it is a pagan protection sign when it is in a circle  

JustAnotherNancyBoy-x

anime_freak777

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:25 am
That reallly bothers me,too. A lot of people at my grade school used to ask if I worshipped Satan because of what our Religion book said about witchcraft and also, because of media protrayal.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff